Apex - Favourite Evening Entertainment

BeachTunes

Hello!

My husband and I are quite close to booking a March 2023 cruise aboard the Apex. It looks like such a beautiful ship! 

We tend to try to go to at least a few evening shows while cruising. It looks like most of the shows are either musical reviews or "cirque" type performances. I see Celebrity also brings in guest musicians, singers and comedians, which is nice. 

Shows that have piqued my interest include:

Caravan (In The Club)

Tree of Life (In The Theatre)

Night of Dreams (Eden)

Silent Disco (We've experienced this before and it's always a riot!)

I also read about some sort of year-round New Year's Eve party in Eden? That could be amusing! 

Looking to hear what everyone's "must see" shows are on board the Apex! I'm also curious to hear about the game show type events in The Club!

I realize that entertainment preferences are very subjective. For reference, we're in our late 40s/early 50s. I happen to be a singer myself, not that I'm overly critical. I like pretty much all types music - especially jazz and Motown - but especially appreciate when the style of music matches the venue/vibe/time of day. (So many venues both at sea and on land get that horribly wrong! LOL!)

Thank you! 🙂

1 hour ago, Vickmar said:

I just returned from the Apex transatlantic.

The shows were so good that I wish I would’ve seen a few twice.

The talent was Broadway worthy.

With all the reviews of the E class ships, I've never read any positive or negative opinions concerning the layout (seating, stage) of the main theater. Compared to the traditional cruise ship theater seating and stage what was you impression? We'll be on the Apex in March and we'll make our own decision whether or no we like the new layout, but just curious as to what others think.   

• Like 1

5 hours ago, davekathy said:

With all the reviews of the E class ships, I've never read any positive or negative opinions concerning the layout (seating, stage) of the main theater. Compared to the traditional cruise ship theater seating and stage what was you impression? We'll be on the Apex in March and we'll make our own decision whether or no we like the new layout, but just curious as to what others think.   

We loved the updated design of the theater on Apex. Literally no bad seat in the house. The stage area has state of the art electronics that are amazing and really add a wow factor to the shows. Looking forward to seeing the same on Beyond.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, C-Dragons said:

We loved the updated design of the theater on Apex. Literally no bad seat in the house. The stage area has state of the art electronics that are amazing and really add a wow factor to the shows. Looking forward to seeing the same on Beyond.

Thanks, I appreciate and respect your opinion. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Thanks 1

Glad to hear the innovative theatre design works well! As someone who has been a stage performer,  I can't wait to experience it first hand! 

Going back to my original question, what are your favourite shows on The Apex? 😊

Edited by BeachTunes

We just got off the 7 night Apex 11/12 sailing. We saw five shows - 2 with Charity Lockhart in the main theater (Aretha Franklin tribute first night, other Divas the 5th night), Tree of Life, Antonio Salci, and Rockumentary. Charity Lockhart and Rockumentary were our favorites. We heard great things about Caravan from others. The Celebrity Orchestra backed them all up and was great. We didn’t like the tenor singer - a bit too shrill for the voice parts he sang, but the theater crew is rotating out in the next couple of weeks.  I would say that Celebrity really impressed us with both in-house and booked entertainment this cruise. 

The main theater stage is very similar to Lincoln Center Theater in layout. I agree with others - hard to get a bad seat in the house, and very comfortable seats at that!

Really nice see Captain Nicholas at every performance.  

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

We do not typically attend the shows.  Due to Covid limited nighttime lounge entertainment, we found outselves attending most of the shows.  They were all excellent.  The venue is amazing.  The set and technical wizardry used in The Tree of Life was exceptional.    

• Like 1

@What A MarketThank you for the Caravan recommendation. It's on our list! 🙂

@michedOh yes, we will definitely allocate some time for some bar hopping entertainment! LOL

@carolina_yankeeThanks so much for sharing your experience here and also for "live aboard" thread. Can't wait to check out that fabulous theatre. How cool that the Captain was so supportive the on board talent. Love it!

@NashnaThe Tree of Life looks so innovative. I know there are some YouTube videos featuring clips from the show but I'm refraining from watching them in order to be amazed and surprised when we get to see it in real life!