HA policy change regarding bringing wine onboard

micruz

Just booked a December cruise on Rotterdam leaving out of Fort Lauderdale. Reading my cruise documents, I discovered they’ve changed their policy regarding bringing wine onboard. Used to be able to bring two bottles on embarkation day to be consumed in cabin. Now says $20 corkage fee applies no matter where you drink it. Has anyone seen this enforced?

Yeah, the change happened back in June 2021.  And when security sees the bottles in the x-ray machine, they ship you off to the table next to the check-in.  The “plus” is that you are not limited to just a bottle per person… you can bring on a “reasonable” amount.

Well, if you like (can drink) Two-Buck Chuck, you will probably not find wine by the bottle at $22 on board (unless you are high star). 

Yes, I know Two Buck Chuck is no longer $2, but the equivalent is true. 

I figure VERY cheap wine or very expensive wine is worth paying corkage. Whether either is worth the hassle of carrying it on, I can't say. We (middle of the range drinkers) find it a wash adding the corkage to the bottle price. Especially using Mariner value.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

Well, if you like (can drink) Two-Buck Chuck, you will probably not find wine by the bottle at $22 on board (unless you are high star). 

Yes, I know Two Buck Chuck is no longer $2, but the equivalent is true. 

I figure VERY cheap wine or very expensive wine is worth paying corkage. Whether either is worth the hassle of carrying it on, I can't say. We (middle of the range drinkers) find it a wash adding the corkage to the bottle price. Especially using Mariner value.

The Sarah won a gold medal in NY  . Pretty good   not  a lafette  Roth Child   but really good for most meals  . so we bring 2 red & 2 white for B2B cruises😄

• Like 1