Which is better - Add a 3rd person or remove the person

pl281

Before getting on the phone with Royal - I figured I'd ask here.

We are doing a group cruise in 2024 - We aren't sure when spring break is for my wife's school district yet. (Different District than our son)

Would it be better to book the cabin for the 3 of us and then remove her if she can't join - I assume her deposit would just go towards the room

Or is it better to book for just my son and I and add my wife when we find out about when her break is??

Prices are dynamic, so that's hard to say what the price would be when she knows what her time off would look like.

If the price is not tremendously different, and you get a good bargain (esp if there is a 'kids sail free' promotion), it may be better to add her now, and either remove her or leave her later, depending on which is the better price at that time.  If you leave her on, and she is a no-show, you will get the port charges back when you sail.

Also, if the ship is full, you may not be able to add her later, if there are quite a few cabins that have more than double occupancy, and they have hit the limit for that muster station that the cabin is in.  People have had this problem before.

If it was my family, we would have all on at booking, work it out later.

• Like 1

I would book her and then remove (assuming it's a refundable deposit).  If it's a non refundable deposit, then you will lose that money.  Many times if you book 2, you cannot add a third without cancelling and starting over again, due to passenger capacity for muster stations.  Also, many times they will not let you book a room for 3 and only put 2 people in it.

Thank you to everyone - We have a group direct with Royal - based on this I think we'll book for 3 so we know we are set - this is for march of 2024 so more than a year out but better safe than sorry

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pl281 said:

Thank you to everyone - We have a group direct with Royal - based on this I think we'll book for 3 so we know we are set - this is for march of 2024 so more than a year out but better safe than sorry

In all honesty I would book both a room for 2 and a room for 3 each with a refundable deposit.

If you book a double and want to add a third you will need to book a different category and most likely pay a lot more.

If you book a triple and cancel one guest  then most likely they will make you book a double occupancy room at the current rates.

You can cancel and get a full refund up until 90 days prior to sailing.,