White Night

dunedinmaiden

21 minutes ago, dunedinmaiden said:

Is it suggested to wear white?

Been to a few of these, I'd guess it depends on the ship and capacity.  From what I witnessed, maybe 2/3 are wearing something white and a very small % wearing only white.  You have the DJ and the Activity Director and/or the Cruise Director on the pool stage, you have people dancing up front and others off to the side or the deck above observing.  Most recently the hot tubs were open which was surprising 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

From what I witnessed, maybe 2/3 are wearing something white and a very small % wearing only white.

Probably because it's not on any of the pre-cruise things you see - so if you've never been on a Celebrity cruise you have no idea this is a thing. At least in some cases. In others, some people just don't like wearing white.

A number of years ago someone posted a photo of a "White Night" which was taken on a cruise line which primarily catered to UK cruisers.  In the photo everyone is dressed in white -- men in white shirts, white pants, white socks and white shoes.  Same for the ladies.  Since I rarely drink cocktails but enjoy red wine my thought that I was looking at a potential problem -- just think about red wine, white clothing and a moving ship.......

In any event I haven't seen any "White Night" gathering on a Celebrity ship which approached that level.

12 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Probably because it's not on any of the pre-cruise things you see - so if you've never been on a Celebrity cruise you have no idea this is a thing. At least in some cases. In others, some people just don't like wearing white.

I usually wear white capri pants or flowy pants and a light colored top to dinner on white night party then go straight to pool deck. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

are you suggesting the existence of a Blue Moon Party?

That would be a fun addition, I guess.. everyone wears blue. They'd have to make it quite an extravagant event though as it would only happen once every couple of years. Just wondering if this Full Moon Party happens only on full moons as the event name suggests? 

36 minutes ago, mast3rn8 said:

That would be a fun addition, I guess.. everyone wears blue. They'd have to make it quite an extravagant event though as it would only happen once every couple of years. Just wondering if this Full Moon Party happens only on full moons as the event name suggests? 

No.  Even worse is they seem to like to have them when there's a 7am port day the next day

• Haha 1