Why are there only 5 excursions listed for Puerto Costa Maya

BigB67

1 hour ago, nelblu said:

More will show up as you get closer to your cruise.  Sailing on December 4 Oasis and had the same experience. 

What types of excursions were you offered? I was hoping for one to one of the ruins. We don't sail until July. So we may be in for a long wait to see what shows up on the planner.

I've been wondering this myself for a cruise in March.

The 5 only appeared like a week ago.

3 minutes ago, luv2sailAgain said:

What types of excursions were you offered? I was hoping for one to one of the ruins. We don't sail until July. So we may be in for a long wait to see what shows up on the planner.

Last I checked they were all various beach breaks, with the exception of a tour of a contemporary Mayan village.

Edited by PolicromaSol
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Longford said:

Why?  There's not much to see nearby.  I was there on my 11/05/2022 departure from Tampa on Serenade and independently visited a nearby beach for the afternoon.

Why, what? Who are you quoting?

Ruins and Bacalar have been an excursion priority for many for many years both through the cruise lines and independently. As I recall you just walked into town which obviously doesn’t require an excursion in itself but some people book auxiliary activities, or visit places outside the malecon. 

For the OP, we have about 20 excursions listed for our upcoming trip but I agree there is not the variety compared to some ports.

Krazy lobster is an okay beach. It's free but they do expect you to buy food and drink. They try pretty hard to make sure that you know you're not being overcharged for your orders and they make you walk with them to the cashier so that you know your credit card number isn't being stolen.

They're very professional and offer good service. The beach is just ok and that's being generous. The water isn't super clear and there's virtually no Sandy beach area that isn't covered in loungers, but you can use their kayaks and snorkel gear for free. And the food and drink is inexpensive.

It costs $4/person each way for the taxi ride. And they have $20 massages on the beach, which is the primary reason I went there, but then I spent so much time kayaking and lounging that I forgot until it was too late. 

I did see excursions to the ruins in my cruise planner when we were there yesterday. 

14 hours ago, BigB67 said:

Cruising Western Caribbean on Harmony of the Seas in May. While the other ports on the cruise have dozens of excursion options, Puerto Costa Maya only lists five options. Does anyone know why?

The cruise line does not own the tours, they just contract with the tour companies.  No one knows exactly why so few, but if you know any tour operator that wants to contract with the ship, let them know to contact the company. 

11 hours ago, c-leg5 said:

As I recall you just walked into town which obviously doesn’t require an excursion in itself but some people book auxiliary activities, or visit places outside the malecon. 

Good for you!  Now, calm yourself.  :classic_smile: