Captains Club points

kayehall

I have never really paid too much attention to the CC points and the discounts you can get while onboard.  Just started looking at some of them and I have many questions.  (that's because I am an over thinker...LOL)  So one of the offers is 1 pre-cruise category upgrade to Aqua Class at time of booking.  I have never been offered this.  So no matter what cabin category you book, you can get a complimentary upgrade to Aqua?  2nd question, they offer percentage discounts on drink packages, photo packages, bottles of wine, etc.  How does this work when you confirm your cruise using the better/best all inclusive options?  I am also Emerald on RCCL.  How would Celebrity know this to get the perks RCCL offers?  m I making any sense?  Thanks in advance. Kaye

Emerald on Royal gets you Select on Celebrity. Just log into your Celebrity account online and there is a spot to add your Crown & Anchor number. You may want to do the same on Royal’s website with your Captain’s Club number. 

The next and last matching status is Diamond on Royal to Elite on Celebrity. 

You must have at least a Classic level with Celebrity Captians Club. When you book your cruise you have to ask for 1 category up. To get drink package or WiFi discounts.  After booking you or your TA must call Celebrity and ask for them. You can pay for the upgrades with credit card or OBC you get from Celebrity. But must be done before your cruise.

Added note if you have 100 shares of RCL you can get OBC depending on the length of your cruise.

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/captains-club-tiers-and-benefits-chart.pdf

To the OP.  You need a Captain's Club number.  Give Celebrity that number from Royal.

FYI the upgrade has two limits. It is only available when you book and you must ask for it - not automatically applied.  It is only a location didvount within the same category.   Not worth very much.

• Like 2

Yes, don’t think about so much as an upgrade as a “down Price”

You pick the state room you want, and they charge you the price of one category below that, within the parameters given.

Also there must be an available stateroom in that category below, so they know what price to charge you.

Example, you want to book a V2 stateroom.  There are no V3 staterooms available, so no upgrade. 

so you decide to book a V1 stateroom.  There are V2 staterooms available so you will get the V1 for the V2 price.

When it comes to Aqua class, there are only A2 and A1.  If there are any A2 available, they will give you an A1 for the A2 price.

Edited by cruisestitch
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

To the OP.  You need a Captain's Club number.  Give Celebrity that number from Royal.

FYI the upgrade has two limits. It is only available when you book and you must ask for it - not automatically applied.  It is only a location didvount within the same category.   Not worth very much.

The last cruise we booked on the Ascent the 1B veranda was more money than the 1A - no idea why and the rep I booked with didn't know either.  Our cruise in January it saved us about $100 pp not much but still something 🙂