Is everyone still bringing their vaccination cards?

8esther8

7 hours ago, Charles4515 said:

Nice try but while the  page says updated in December if you read the dates under each island the info is as of March, April and May. It is outdated. It is not information. Most of it is wrong. What is your purpose?Are you trying to mislead? 

I interpreted it to mean those former policies were still in effect, since the header said specifically the page was updated for December 2022.

Well, gotta go update my ignore list now........................

Edited by pcur
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, habitatnal said:

What hotel made you wear a mask in public areas?  Most businesses don’t care anymore.

Comfort Suites in Bakersfield, CA.  Big sign on the front door and in the lobby.  Staff are masked, too.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Longford said:

Masks are required in various environments, including the office where I work.  When we walk around or in group meetings/settings ... masks are required.

Some people seem to object to the behavior of those of us who still mask, when we feel it's appropriate.  it's THEY who need to get over it and move on.  😇

I totally agree.  Why get chips on the shoulders about someone else wearing a mask.  

I had my vehicle in for service earlier this week. Everyone in the service dept was wearing a mask.  I don't know why and it didn't bother me (other than I kind of wanted to wear one too  😀).

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, ldubs said:

I totally agree.  Why get chips on the shoulders about someone else wearing a mask.  

I had my vehicle in for service earlier this week. Everyone in the service dept was wearing a mask.  I don't know why and it didn't bother me (other than I kind of wanted to wear one too  😀).

I don't care if someone else wants to wear a mask.  I feel perfectly comfortable being the only one not wearing one.  However, I haven't been to any business or vacation area that has required one for over a year now. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, pcur said:

Comfort Suites in Bakersfield, CA.  Big sign on the front door and in the lobby.  Staff are masked, too.

That surprises me especially since there is nothing on their website that says masks are required.  I feel bad for the employees that have enforce the mask mandate.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, pcur said:

I interpreted it to mean those former policies were still in effect, since the header said specifically the page was updated for December 2022.

You interpreted wrong. They are not still in effect. I don’t now trust your account of the assisted living place or the hotel requirements. You can ignore me but I will reply to any misinformation that is posted. 

Edited by Charles4515

1 hour ago, ldubs said:

I agree. It is just like that here. We were at Dollar Tree and Safeway today, and probably about half the people shopping still wear masks. It is no big deal. We've gotten used to it, and wear one when we want too, or it is required. Cuts down on colds. 

When we were at Kaiser getting our flu shots, patients and medical providers were wearing masks, as required. Except for the Security Guard, who is apparently exempt/immune. LOL 😃And Kaiser even gave me a nice cloth mask, after I had my shot. ☺️

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

You interpreted wrong. They are not still in effect. I don’t now trust your account of the assisted living place or the hotel requirements. You can ignore me but I will reply to any misinformation that is posted. 

Most all med facilities around here require masks. That includes skilled nursing and senior care facilities.  There are not general mask requirements for hotels.  An individual business, including a hotel, may, and sometimes must, require masks.  All  per public health mandates.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Coralc said:

I agree. It is just like that here. We were at Dollar Tree and Safeway today, and probably about half the people shopping still wear masks. It is no big deal. We've gotten used to it, and wear one when we want too, or it is required. Cuts down on colds. 

When we were at Kaiser getting our flu shots, patients and medical providers were wearing masks, as required. Except for the Security Guard, who is apparently exempt/immune. LOL 😃

Cutting down on flu and colds is a pretty darn good reason for wearing a mask.  I've said before I hope to see a cultural shift in our country for people to voluntarily wear masks in public when they are sick.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, pcur said:

I agree with the other poster that the policies outlined in the link look outdated.  I think you made a reasonable assumption seeing "updated Dec 2022".   I likely would have done the same.  Sorry, but I just can't see any sinister conspiracy to mislead the cruising public here.  😀

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I know people think some CA people are sheep. And we are. I don't disagree with that. We are for the most part, intelligent and highly vaccinated people that make our own decisions about other aspects of disease spread. I don't understand why mask wearing or bringing your vaccination card is such a divisive issue. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, detroitautocruisers said:

Well you do live in California!

LOL!  No, I live in Florida.  By the way, I still mask whenever I'm around a lot of people - no mandate from anyone required.  

Edited by Longford
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

Why get chips on the shoulders about someone else wearing a mask.  

Why?  My personal view:  some people (not all) have politicized the issue.  For me and so many others, it's a health safety matter.  I'm 73.  There was a published report earlier this week stating 9 of 10 persons who die after contracting COVID are 65+. What draws all of us to these discussions is our enjoyment of cruising.  Cruise ships are sometimes referred to as a petri dish of possible health risks.   I value my life and chose to safeguard it best I can.  Onboard, and off.

Edited by Longford
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Longford said:

Masks are required in various environments, including the office where I work.  When we walk around or in group meetings/settings ... masks are required.

Some people seem to object to the behavior of those of us who still mask, when we feel it's appropriate.  it's THEY who need to get over it and move on.  😇

Back in February of 2021, as soon as I had my second shot I sent the director of the place I work the letter from the Florida Surgeon General stating that fully vaccinated people no longer should have to wear masks.  I told her I was considered fully vaccinated and would no longer wear a mask.  My coworkers noticed and then they too stopped wearing masks.  We have never gone back.  

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Coralc said:

I know people think some CA people are sheep. And we are. I don't disagree with that. We are for the most part, intelligent and highly vaccinated people that make our own decisions about other aspects of disease spread. I don't understand why mask wearing or bringing your vaccination card is such a divisive issue. 

That's why California had (and to a degree still has, at least in LA) some of the strictest covid rules in the country, despite having the same rates of covid cases and deaths as anywhere else.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

That's why California had (and to a degree still has, at least in LA) some of the strictest covid rules in the country, despite having the same rates of covid cases and deaths as anywhere else.

HUH?  How is a death rate of 247/100,000 the same as the state where I live which is 387/100,000?  Is there some new math I am unaware of?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

We only have them digitally on our phones in the EU, sure we can print them if needed but for now there doesn't seem to be any need for that.

I have them digitally on my phone too but some are insistent they have to carry the paper cards. Perhaps they have not figured out how to get their digital records or put them on their phone? I have never though been asked to show a digital or paper record to prove vaccination status. So I consider the digital record a nice to have not a need to have.