Is everyone still bringing their vaccination cards?

8esther8

10 hours ago, ldubs said:

Most all med facilities around here require masks...

Yes, all the doctor's offices around here are still quite strict about masking.  I've been to three in the last 3-4 months, and they all enforced masking /gave out masks at the door. 

2 hours ago, Longford said:

... There was a published report earlier this week stating 9 of 10 persons who die after contracting COVID are 65+ ... 

To be argumentative, I'd point out that it might not be JUST the age.  Older people are more likely to have a co-morbidity issue:  Diabetes, heart disease, kidney disease, etc.  I mean, the older you are, the more years you've had to develop these problems.  

2 hours ago, Ravensfan1973 said:

We all see how well those work.

A story about whether boosters work:  My whole family went to a child's birthday party in August.  My grandson had picked up Covid at daycare but wasn't showing symptoms yet.  Every person at that party who "was boosted" escaped the virus, while every person who wasn't boosted fell sick -- some with minor cases, some with moderate cases.  

Personally, I'll take the booster every time it's offered.  

I understand they're working on a combo flu-Covid booster shot.  That'll be a positive in getting people to comply.  

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

0.25% of people vs. 0.39% of people is pretty much the same.

40 people would disagree.  

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Longford said:

Why?  My personal view:  some people (not all) have politicized the issue.  For me and so many others, it's a health safety matter.  I'm 73.  There was a published report earlier this week stating 9 of 10 persons who die after contracting COVID are 65+. What draws all of us to these discussions is our enjoyment of cruising.  Cruise ships are sometimes referred to as a petri dish of possible health risks.   I value my life and chose to safeguard it best I can.  Onboard, and off.

Statistics are often manipulated to make a political point. What percentage of people who die are 65+? What percentage of people 65+ who get Covid don’t die? 

If cruise ships are floating Petri dishes you are not safeguarding your health if you cruise.

I think getting vaccinated is safeguarding my health and I have had the latest booster but how is carrying my vaccination card safeguarding my health? I leave it up to each person though to decide whether to get vaccinated or not. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Charles4515 said:

Statistics are often manipulated to make a political point. What percentage of people who die are 65+? What percentage of people 65+ who get Covid don’t die? 

That's true.  Here's an example:  

"They" want to demonize cigarettes -- and I hate cigarettes, even without the health negatives, so I feel bad and don't mean to defend cigarettes, but here goes. 

My grandmother was 99 years/5 months old, and she developed a blood clot in her leg -- what do they call them?  DVT?  Deep Vein Thrombosis?  Anyway, in the process of treating this thing, they discovered that she had a small, small bit of lung cancer -- the very beginnings of lung cancer.  (She herself was not a smoker, but she lived with two smoking husbands most of her life.)  What really killed her:  she had a small procedure to put a "mesh screen" in her leg to prevent the clot from moving to her heart -- it exhausted her.  She could not bounce back, and she developed pneumonia.  Pneumonia killed her. 

But her death certificate says she died of lung cancer.  It's a lie:  She only knew about the lung cancer for about two weeks, and she didn't even have time to discuss treatment.  So why did the docs say it was lung cancer?  Because anyone who has lung cancer dies of lung cancer, even if -- like my grandmother -- it's not the thing that kills them.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

We only have them digitally on our phones in the EU, sure we can print them if needed but for now there doesn't seem to be any need for that.

Same here.  In the digital wallet.  I stopped getting the paper copy a couple boosters ago.  

• Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Mum2Mercury said:

Yes, all the doctor's offices around here are still quite strict about masking.  I've been to three in the last 3-4 months, and they all enforced masking /gave out masks at the door. 

From reading this thread there appears to be a lot of regional variation. Around here I have not been asked to wear a mask anywhere since May. Last winter I did have a mask in my pocket. In the summer I did not need encounter mask requirements so I stopped having one in my pocket.  I visted an assisted living facility and I did not have to wear a mask and they did not ask about vaccination. The staff were wearing masks. Some of the residents,  If I lived in say for example parts of California I suppose I might have a mask in my pocket. 

3 hours ago, Longford said:

Why?  My personal view:  some people (not all) have politicized the issue.  For me and so many others, it's a health safety matter.  I'm 73.  There was a published report earlier this week stating 9 of 10 persons who die after contracting COVID are 65+. What draws all of us to these discussions is our enjoyment of cruising.  Cruise ships are sometimes referred to as a petri dish of possible health risks.   I value my life and chose to safeguard it best I can.  Onboard, and off.

You say it well.  Clearly COVID hits us older folk harder.  That has been pretty clear since the start of the pandemic.  

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, ldubs said:

Same here.  In the digital wallet.  I stopped getting the paper copy a couple boosters ago.  

I  made sure to get my 2 boosters at pharmacies where I could get a digital record. My original vaccinations were not at pharmacies so it was not until last spring that I was able to get those in my digital wallet when the state I was living in when I got them created verifies digital records. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Charles4515 said:

I  made sure to get my 2 boosters at pharmacies where I could get a digital record. My original vaccinations were not at pharmacies so it was not until last spring that I was able to get those in my digital wallet when the state I was living in when I got them created verifies digital records. 

We were lucky in that respect.  Both the state and our healthcare provider provide digital copies with QR codes.   I've had them scanned earlier this year, but not for any travel since mid-year.  

43 minutes ago, BLiles1961 said:

I carry ours in my wallet. It's truly not a big deal; they're in there like the coupons that expired in 2018.

It isn't carrying them that is the big deal.  It is being asked for them that is!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, habitatnal said:

That surprises me especially since there is nothing on their website that says masks are required.  I feel bad for the employees that have enforce the mask mandate.

I could be a county mandate.  We have them by county in No CA.  

16 hours ago, habitatnal said:

That surprises me especially since there is nothing on their website that says masks are required.  I feel bad for the employees that have enforce the mask mandate.

As I said, I think it's a local County mandate.  Or, it could have been the management of that particular hotel.  Most of us in CA know that if we don't comply, we are refused service or goods and are asked to leave.  But, most of us have been doing this for over 2 years, and are accustomed to the requests to wear them inside businesses.

I wear one anytime I go into a crowded place, especially now during flu season.  After having COVID with pneumonia from 1/2020 to 5/2020, I started wearing masks away from home,  and I haven't been sick, or had a cold/flu in almost 3 years.

Edited by pcur

On 11/25/2022 at 8:19 PM, Ravensfan1973 said:

The jab isn't required so why would you need it?  

I have a digital record of all vaccines & medications.   I was asked for that kind of info once at a medical facility while traveling outside the country.   As far as I know it currently is not required to have it and hopefully never needed for anything serious, but it is there just in case.  

• Like 1

On 12/2/2022 at 5:19 AM, Longford said:

There was a published report earlier this week stating 9 of 10 persons who die after contracting COVID are 65+. What draws all of us to these discussions is our enjoyment of cruising. 

Did this published report state the percentage of those 65+ had comorbidites? 

• Haha 1