Black Friday 20% Discount onnShore Excursion

roberts2005

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

Does anyone have experience with this type of sale?  Can you cancel already booked excursions and then rebook.?

Last, how do you know you are getting the discount?

Appreciate any and all comments

We have cancelled excursions and rebooked with an offer before but I can’t see any offer of a Black Friday excursions discount on our booking?

1 hour ago, roberts2005 said:

Does anyone have experience with this type of sale?  Can you cancel already booked excursions and then rebook.?

Thanks for the notification!  I went through our list of booked excursions, cancelled and then immediately rebooked three of them because of reduced pricing, and saved $91 when I was done.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Where are you seeing this?  I can not see this on the web site and when I log into the voyage planner, I can not see any excursions for the 3 upcoming reservations I have on sale?

Hi! I just posted on the Azamara Newbie site. Yes, I saw the sale and contacted our travel agent. She maintained the same booking and cabin assignment. But…. got us an extra $500 OBC and a very substantial monetary amount off our cruise price. Gives new meaning to Thanksgiving! Good luck!

They run sales on shore excursions from time to time.  We had two different sales leading up to the Oct. 6 Journey cruise, each time some excursions were on sale and others weren't and it was never clear why excursions were selected.

I got the emails announcing the sales, but they didn't specify which excursions were on sale – the only way was to go through my booking online and see which prices had changed.  I cancelled and rebooked whatever was on sale, and between the two sales we saved quite a bit of money.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

They run sales on shore excursions from time to time.  We had two different sales leading up to the Oct. 6 Journey cruise, each time some excursions were on sale and others weren't and it was never clear why excursions were selected.

I suspect that they are trying to fill excursions that aren’t selling well.  

Thanks for the info on the sale.  We didn't get the email but I found that several of the excursions we had already booked for a December cruise were discounted. 

BUT - I checked the "discounted" price against what we had already paid and there was only 1 out of 3 excursions where the "discounted" price was lower.  

So, if you've already booked excursion, I'd recommend checking your original price before rebooking.  

Also, the discounts were only available on our December cruise, not the one we have booked in March. 

Edited by azjoy
correction
  • Like 1

Be very careful. This offer may not be what it seems.

Four of the excursions we have booked for our cruise next month are listed as being offered at 10% or 20% discount. But in two cases the discounted price is more than we originally paid!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

4 minutes ago, ECCruise said:

7 sailings to 5 continents in the next year and a half and not a single discounted excursion, but the first sailing isn't until April so maybe this is a December/January mainly deal.

Nearer the time of embarkation for each cruise there are usually discounts, but note my post #19, because the 'discounts' may not be real.

Edited by blag
Elaboration

On 11/25/2022 at 9:52 AM, roberts2005 said:

Yes, thank you for posting.  I checked our excursions and saved $80 by rebooking.  Much appreciated!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, blag said:

Nearer the time of embarkation for each cruise there are usually discounts, but note my post #19, because the 'discounts' may not be real.

The discounts are real - for those who haven't booked yet or who booked recently at the high price.  You got an even better deal by booking early, but that's not something you can replicate for others.

• Like 3