Cunard pre-boarding medical form/questionnaire

lahore

Hi all

Does anyone have a copy of the Cunard health declaration form that must be completed within the three days prior (at least in Australia) to boarding please?   If not, even a good description of what it asks and what, if any, supporting documentation is required.

TIA

Edited by lahore

Oops, sorry, after further digging on CC I have located a copy.

Now the next question is; what happens if someone ticks ‘yes’.  Do you need to show proof of a positive test, or your status of having been a close contact?  If so, how?

2 hours ago, lahore said:

Oops, sorry, after further digging on CC I have located a copy.

Now the next question is; what happens if someone ticks ‘yes’.  Do you need to show proof of a positive test, or your status of having been a close contact?  If so, how?

Don't know for certain about Cunard, but if it was with P&O and you tick yes you will be denied boarding, even if you've ticked in error.  I suspect it will be the same for Cunard.  The problem question seems to be the one referring to a cough.  Many people have a non-Covid related cough but if you tick yes that's the end!  There really should be a further drop down box where you can state that it is non-Covid.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, babs135 said:

Don't know for certain about Cunard, but if it was with P&O and you tick yes you will be denied boarding, even if you've ticked in error.  I suspect it will be the same for Cunard.  The problem question seems to be the one referring to a cough.  Many people have a non-Covid related cough but if you tick yes that's the end!  There really should be a further drop down box where you can state that it is non-Covid.

I’m not sure it is quite as bad as that. I remember reading on here somewhere, goodness knows where, of someone who did this by accident., or actually, the checkin person did it, as it was at the terminal. It was sorted by the intervention of a more senior person. Can anyone else remember reading this?

There have been several reports on the P&O board that passengers have had their cruise cancelled with no refunds. They have been told to contact their travel insurance company.

There may be different rules for Australian cruising.

• Like 1

And reading the P&O threads be aware that if it just a cough hanging over from a recent cold etc that no insurance cover is likely to pay - since they would require medical evidence you are unwell - which you wouldn’t be able to get.
Beware ! 

• Like 1

Thanks all. 
How to put this…. Please someone tell me if I am wrong, but from those Cunard rules posted (and which I had read) it seems that if you are travelling before February on Cunard and you are denied boarding you get a FCC. For some, that could be a good thing (particularly given the current situation aboard QE). I just wonder if all you have to do is to tick “yes” and they take you at your word and you are denied boarding but get a FCC, or do you require doctor certified proof. Anyone know?

Edited by lahore

In UK if you put yes it will be denied boarding and no FCC I think. Not sure if you are US or Aussie booking site as will have different terms and conditions- you would be best to check with Cunard or TA for relevant booking site.

Edited by watsonbeau

Not sure about rules about health questionnaire and covid proof embarking other than UK but on our recent cruise from Southampton UK on QV you have to fill in a basic health declaration 3 days prior to boarding which is wise for you to answer NO to all questions. Cunard ask you to take a self-administered covid test within 3 days of boarding. On our arrival they stamp your boarding pass "fir to board" and they never asked whether we had taken a covid test or what the result was.

Edited by majortom10

4 hours ago, watsonbeau said:

In UK if you put yes it will be denied boarding and no FCC I think. Not sure if you are US or Aussie booking site as will have different terms and conditions- you would be best to check with Cunard or TA for relevant booking site.

This is what I am seeing on the Cunard website from Australia

4ED01931-CC53-4128-9D83-5F59EFB23F8A.png

4 hours ago, Windsurfboy said:

What do they mean by show appropriate proof you have tested negative. 

What they mean is possibly the most silly thing I have ever read (see below). The potential for falsifying is obvious. 

938AA162-9BCA-422F-8EEF-D384DC867D77.png

3 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Not sure about rules about health questionnaire and covid proof embarking other than UK but on our recent cruise from Southampton UK on QV you have to fill in a basic health declaration 3 days prior to boarding which is wise for you to answer NO to all questions. Cunard ask you to take a self-administered covid test within 3 days of boarding. On our arrival they stamp your boarding pass "fir to board" and they never asked whether we had taken a covid test or what the result was.

Yes, it’s a farce.  No wonder they are in the situation they are currently in, and thus we are too.

• 3 weeks later...

For Australian and New Zealand cruises, the reference to completing the Health Declaration form in the 2-day window prior to boarding seems to have disappeared from the portal.  I did find, by searching the Cunard general site, a brief note that a Health Declaration will be required to be completed at the terminal before boarding.  Can anyone kindly confirm that this is now the situation?   I’m really concerned that we’ll be denied boarding (again, after Covid fiasco in October) if we miss submitting the form prior to embarkation day.  Thanks in anticipation 🙏🏻

On 12/18/2022 at 4:25 PM, Mareblu said:

For Australian and New Zealand cruises, the reference to completing the Health Declaration form in the 2-day window prior to boarding seems to have disappeared from the portal.  I did find, by searching the Cunard general site, a brief note that a Health Declaration will be required to be completed at the terminal before boarding.  Can anyone kindly confirm that this is now the situation?   I’m really concerned that we’ll be denied boarding (again, after Covid fiasco in October) if we miss submitting the form prior to embarkation day.  Thanks in anticipation 🙏🏻

No form was required to be completed prior to boarding on 15 December 2022 in Melbourne Australia. Evidence was required  (as above) of negative Covid test and of vaccination history, and a second test was completed in cabin on day 2 of the cruise.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

No form was required to be completed prior to boarding on 15 December 2022 in Melbourne Australia. Evidence was required  (as above) of negative Covid test and of vaccination history, and a second test was completed in cabin on day 2 of the cruise.

Thanks so much, WBL.  I suspected such, but just had that lingering concern.  Now I’m totally relaxed and ready for embarkation.  QE here we come, at last🙏🏻

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

I have just returned from a wonderful cruise on the QE, and have posted a review.

That’s wonderful, thank you.  I’ll read it later this afternoon when I’ve finished most of the cooking for tomorrow.  Have a peaceful and happy Christmas, everyone 🎄🌟

• Like 1

10 hours ago, WoorimBeachLady said:

I have just returned from a wonderful cruise on the QE, and have posted a review.

Just read your excellent review.  Thank you so much.  It's always so helpful to read a thorough review, particularly for cruisers like us, who will be new to Cunard and QE.  I'm really looking forward to our new adventure now.  Thanks again WBL.