Cruise Planner Refunds

Gigi1068

48 minutes ago, bluecruise456 said:

is it mbayley#rccl,com or mbayley@rccl.com?   I used the later so I want to make sure.

It's the latter - all email addresses have an @ (between the company name and username) in them (and no commas).

Edited by Biker19

I received a response from the executive office “ there is an error in the way that it was processed that is preventing it from being disbursed.  Your refund should be disbursed back to the card in the next 2 weeks, if not sooner.“

Hopefully this is true?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CFLRetired said:

I received a response from the executive office “ there is an error in the way that it was processed that is preventing it from being disbursed.  Your refund should be disbursed back to the card in the next 2 weeks, if not sooner.“

Hopefully this is true?

I actually received a phone call from the executive office. Same story. They reached out to accounting, refund was "stuck" in the system. It has now been properly processed and should post within a week. Emailing mbailey seems to do the trick.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, saltbeetle said:

I actually received a phone call from the executive office. Same story. They reached out to accounting, refund was "stuck" in the system. It has now been properly processed and should post within a week. Emailing mbailey seems to do the trick.

I'll believe it when i see it.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, saltbeetle said:

Sure hope so.

• Like 1

I got an email and a phone call just now about the 11/18 refunds. They contacted the accounting department and said I should receive the refunds within 7 business days now. I would definitely email that mbayley address. Very impressed that they personally called me. 

On 12/4/2022 at 9:05 AM, KelJ said:

Still waiting for a refund from November 21. 

Actually, my above statement is incorrect. My cancellation WAS November 18th.  When I booked the excursion, I thought I put a checkmark in the box to use OBC to pay for the excursion. When I received the confirmation email, I saw that I was billed for the full price, so I immediately canceled and rebooked using OBC. The cancellation confirmation email says I should see the refund within 14 business days, which I haven’t. 

I just called Royal and was on hold for less than a minute before someone answered. The representative asked me to hold while he looked into it because the refund was showing in their system as requested but not completed. He then came back after about five minutes and apologized and gave me the same excuse Royal is giving all of you that, due to the large number of cancellations on that date, the refunds are all waiting “in one stack” and taking up to 14 days longer than usual. Then he asked if he could interest me in purchasing a beverage package. I was like, no, not at all. 

Edited by KelJ
  • Haha 1

This is the response I got from Michael bayleys email lol. Makes zero sense 

Thank you for sharing your most recent experience and we regret to have learn about your delay in refund. I can confirm that your refunds are underway. The system has automatically created an overpayment on the booking, that will then automatically process and funds that are not in use.

As this is a active booking, intervening could cause further errors on the booking. Please note, I have requested funds to be expedited, we must still allow 7-10 business days from today for this request to completed. 

I called two days ago. About 30 minutes on hold and 1 hour on phone.  I was at least relieved they "see" my 3 refunds in their records, but it is frightening as to how long and antiquated their processes/systems seem. 

They were throwing around the 14 - 30 business day number which as we all know makes no sense given many of us have received refunds in the past in under a week. 

@CFLRetired glad you got your refunds. I guess if I don't see them by Monday, I will have to start emailing. 

Edited by mets07

7 minutes ago, mets07 said:

They were throwing around the 14 - 30 business day number which as we all know makes no sense given many of us have received refunds in the past in under a week. 

The disparity was even bigger during the COVID cancellation waves - don't try to figure out the "why" just wait a bit and call if delayed more than a couple of weeks.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, clochette said:

still waiting also, but have to admit I have not called or emailed, I was hoping I would get the refund as always did in the past.

It’s beyond ridiculous and frustrating.  I’ve called and emailed.  Per the last email response from the executive office, I will receive my refunds next week.  I’m not calling again or sending another email.  If this isn’t resolved by Friday, I am going the dispute route because 4 weeks is more than enough time to wait without a resolution.

1 hour ago, clochette said:

still waiting also, but have to admit I have not called or emailed, I was hoping I would get the refund as always did in the past.

I did not call or email either and they just showed up, which makes me think they must simply be plowing their way through them.