The Fleet Report and Daily for Monday November 28th, 2022

richwmn

Today is Cyber Monday, National French Toast Day, and Mauritania Independence Day

The meeting of two personalities is like the contact of two chemical substances; if there is any reaction, both are transformed.--Carl Gustav Jung

Meal Suggestion for today - French-Dip Brisket Reubens
Drink of the Day - Hats Off Julep
Wine of the Day - Roagna 2015 Montefico Vecchie Viti (Barbaresco) Piedmont
Destination of the Day - Port Louis, Mauritius

Eurodam

At Sea Destination Half Moon Cay, Bahamas eta 11/29

Koningsdam

Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Mexico 11:00 - 18:00

Nieuw Amsterdam

Half Moon Cay, Bahamas 08:00 - 16:00

Nieuw Statendam

At Sea Destination Grand Turk Island, Cockburn Town, Turks and Caic eta 11/29

Oosterdam

At Sea Destination Callao-Lima, Peru eta 11/29

Rotterdam

At Sea Destination Fort Lauderdale, Port Everglades, Florida eta 11/30

Volendam

Santarem, Brazil 12:00n 8:00pm

Zaandam

At Sea Destination Luanda, Angola eta 11/30

Zuiderdam

Cartagena Colombia 12:00 - 17:00

Eastern Hemisphere

Noordam

Exmouth WA, Western Australia 08:00 - 17:00

Westerdam

Adelaide, South Australia, Australia Arrive 2:00 PM

1128World.thumb.png.61a554943dadbe97f9dbb9e1657aefe9.png

• Like 26
  • Thanks 13

Good morning.  Happy Monday.  Thanks for the Daily and Fleet Report.

A cool, cloudy day with a chance of showers.  Most of our snow has melted.

I don't think I'll do any shopping today.  French toast sounds good.  Hooray for Mauritania Independence.

Interesting quote.

The meal sounds good, looking forward to seeing the recipe.

I'll pass on the drink but I'm sure I'll like the wine.

I haven't been to today's port.

Prayers for everyone.  Cheers for all the celebrations.

Have a wonderful day.

Stay safe.

• Like 25

Good morning from beautiful Southwest Florida.

Rainy this morning but sunny later in the day with a high of 80.

The quote makes sense.

The French dip Reuben sandwich is something I'd try.

French toast is great.

It's Cyber Monday and I'm going to celebrate it by buying a new I Pad.

I see the hand surgeon tomorrow and hope he gives me the OK to  play golf. The fingertip and nail bed is still a little sore but getting a little bit better every day.

Thanks for The Daily, everyone stay well and have a great day.

Edited by MISTER 67
  • Like 28
  • Thanks 1

Good Morning Everyone, thanks for the daily fleet report.  I’m curious about today’s meal suggestion and look forward to seeing recipes and pictures from @dfish.  Amelia and Mona are going to the vet for their annual check up.

I took advantage of a cyber Monday deal on Temptations. The kids will be pleased.

image.png.a4a2113168980be2fcd16225dcfc47fb.png

• Like 22
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Good morning everyone.  Thanks for the daily report.  Probably won’t be making any Cyber Monday purchases.  French toast sounds so good right now.  Happy Independence Day, Mauritania.  Interesting quote today.  I’ll pass on the meal suggestion as I had a French Dip on Saturday at the Stockyard Restaurant that was awesome. I’ll also pass on the drink as well. Can’t wait to see the photos of today’s port.  Prayers for everyone on our prayer list.  Happy ________ to those of you celebrating today!

• Like 26

Good morning friends!  It's 9 am here in Brazil but we are at our port of Santarem 3 hours early since they made good time last night.  When we tender to shore we will take a port shuttle to Fisherman Square and walk around the city. 

From yesterday, I want to repeat a message or two that were lost somehow.  The Volendam has new TVs now and I was able to find the officers on it.  The CD is Ryan Baird, but his bio was missing from the list.  He mentioned once this week that he lived in Ukraine and when he boarded this ship he met a Ukrainian crew member.  Comparing cities they found that they actually lived in the same area, then street, then apartment building.  Small world isn't it?  I also wanted to send my regards to Vanessa as she and her BFF make the difficult decision about BFF's DF.  Never easy.

Last evening we spent some time with Dixie @summer slopeand her DH before Dennis and I went to dinner.  We had some great discussions and hope to be able to do that again very soon.  I have a photo which is on my phone so will post it next.

Prayers for all on our Care list and cheers 🥂to all on the Celebration list. 

Port for today is Port Louis, Mauritius which was our port on Dec. 14, 2021.  I haven't been there before.  Here is the link to Rich's post from that date.

Have a wonderful day!  Happy anniversary wishes to my twin and her DH.  53 years just like my hubby and I.  They married 13 weeks after we did. 

• Like 30

Good morning,.  As Sandi, @StLouisCruiserssaid, we had a wonderful visit with her and her DH.  Will definitely do it again.  Will also take the shuttle in to see the city.

Hats Off Julep:

Ingredients
2 parts Cruzan® Estate Diamond® Dark Rum
1/2 part Turbinado Syrup
Pinch Fresh Mint Leaves
3 Blackberries
Ice, Crushed

Instructions
Muddle mint and berries in a julep cup. Add Cruzan® Estate Diamond® Dark Rum and Turbinado Syrup and fill with crushed ice. Take a bouquet of mint and rinse with water, then sprinkle mint with powdered sugar and garnish with 3 speared Blackberries.
*Turbinado Syrup Ingredients: Water and Turbinado Sugar.
Combine 8 parts Hot Water and 8 parts Turbinado sugar. Stir until sugar is dissolved. Refrigerate. Will last for 30 days.

Screenshot 2022-11-28 at 7.07.29 AM.png

• Like 19
  • Thanks 9

Thanks for the Fleet Update and general info.

Getting excited about our upcoming cruise this Saturday. Have read several reviews of the N. Statendam and discovered something interesting. HAL has gone back to last century; they now require signatures on all receipts from any bar for a drink. I guess I will bring a new pen to sign the receipts. Well, maybe I should bring a second new pen just in case the first pen runs out of ink 😀

• Like 15
  • Haha 8

Thank you for today’s Report & Daily, Rich! It is a cool 58 here this morning. It felt amazing out there!  I will be trying a new recipe for French toast Christmas morning, when I am up North with my family. My niece found a recipe that replaces the egg, milk/cream and spices batter with melted vanilla ice cream. I can not wait to try it. And her two girls are very excited to test it for me. I hope it is not too sweet for me. I bet I won’t need syrup. Maybe just some berries. 

Thank you for keeping our lists, Roy! Off to a class at the gym. Then some chores, Bindi walks and wrapping up the day at the local Beachfront Winery to say farewell to my friend’s daughter. 

ABF371F9-EFD8-4600-BE6F-683A30185FB2.jpeg.bbcec0c201dcd49de5c8177add87c62d.jpeg

Prayers for all who need our support. Cheers to all who are celebrating! @Quartzsite CruiserLenda, Steve’s progress is definitely cheer-worthy!

Stay well everyone!

Roagna 2015 Montefico Vecchie Viti (Barbaresco)

This amazing red has consumer and critic fans. A bit elusive, but you can find it online. The real question is can you afford it? It can be yours for a mere $199.99 - and that is the lowest online price I found. 

99 Wine Enthusiast 

Showing more strength and intensity than you normally find in Barbaresco, this stunning red opens with heady scents of wild berry, new leather, underbrush and menthol. The compelling palate features mature black raspberry, juicy cherry and licorice before finishing on a note of tobacco. It's still youthfully nervous and austere, so give it time to fully develop. Drink 2027–2040. 

Edited by cat shepard
  • Like 24
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 5

Thank you for the Monday report, Rich.  I like the days, and especially French Toast which I don't make at home but enjoyed recently on the Eurodam.  I visited Port Louis in 2014 on the Crystal Serenity and was due to return in April 2020 on QM2, just a few ports after the World Cruise ended in Perth.  The Jung quote strikes a chord of truth with me.  I think I''ll pass on the Reubens.  I think in 2013 Thanksgiving must have been on the latest possible date since my alternative is Ambrosia Fruit Cup, Traditional Thanksgiving Turkey, and Apple and Walnut Tart a la mode as served on MS Prinsendam November 28, 2013.

Today’s care list:

Mamaofami grandson with Covid and Carol possibly exposed
Jazzyv BFF Dad’s final days
Safe travels for those returning home
Kplady dishwasher
From the rotation:
Marshhawk’s friend Jesse with throat cancer and poor attitude
Luvteaching DH recovering from fall
Status of St. Louis Sal (7/1) and JAM37 (7/7)
HAL Sailer Sister in Law with aggressive cancer therapy

Celebrations and Shoutouts:

New opportunities for Ren
Improvements for Quartzite Cruiser DH
6 days for Mister67 (Nieuw Amsterdam 12/4 to 12/11)
5 days for Dobiemom (Discovery Princess 12/3 to 12/10)
3 days for Lady Hudson (Enchantment OTS, 12/1 to 12/9)
Bon Voyage SusiekIslandGirl (Island Princess 11/28 to 12/12)
Cruise Suzy, Lazey1, and HAL Lover (Rotterdam  to 11/30),  Ichiban Nekko and Himself (Nieuw Statendam 11/26 to 12/3)  StLouisCruiser  and Summer Slope (Volendam  to 12/17) at sea
Cunnorl (Noordam to 1/2/23),  Damcruiser (Nieuw Statendam  to 1/14/23), and  Horizon Chaser1957 (Zaandam to 12/20; Zuiderdam 12/22 to 5/12/23) at sea

Roy

• Like 24
  • Thanks 11

Good Monday Evening from the Noordam

Won’t be buying anything for Cyber Monday. Love Reuben’s but never had a French dip Reuben. Interesting.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersand Dixie @summer slope  you Two look great! 
enjoy your cruise. 
     We will arrive in Exmouth tomorrow. I will be going ashore alone . It is a tender port and only one tender is allowed in the channel at once so it will be  a long process. It is also expected to be our warmest day yet. I want to see the Emu’s. Our CD told us the funniest story today about Emu’s . The whole showroom was in stitches. He really is a good one. 
     @RedneckBobwe don’t sign for anything on the Noordam. Wonder why they would on your ship? 

Be safe and enjoy today. 
     Charlene 

• Like 24
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, cunnorl said:

Good Monday Evening from the Noordam

Won’t be buying anything for Cyber Monday. Love Reuben’s but never had a French dip Reuben. Interesting.

Sandi @StLouisCruisersand Dixie @summer slope  you Two look great! 
enjoy your cruise. 
     We will arrive in Exmouth tomorrow. I will be going ashore alone . It is a tender port and only one tender is allowed in the channel at once so it will be  a long process. It is also expected to be our warmest day yet. I want to see the Emu’s. Our CD told us the funniest story today about Emu’s . The whole showroom was in stitches. He really is a good one. 
     @RedneckBobwe don’t sign for anything on the Noordam. Wonder why they would on your ship? 

Be safe and enjoy today. 
     Charlene 

I guess we are just special. Or no more expensive drinks being charged to wrong cabin number. Just guessing, no personal experience.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone. It’s 53 degrees here but going to rain. I’m still testing negative but today is only day 4. I had plans to meet a long time friend who is up from Florida but had to cancel that. I’ve ordered in everything I might need if I get sick and now there is a waiting game.

Prayers for all on our care list.

Stay well everyone,

Carol

• Like 25

Good morning, everyone!

What a great picture of @summer slope Dixie and @StLouisCruisers Sandi.  You make us all wish we were onboard with you!  

It is supposed to be a mild day today, so I'll do my walk around the neighborhood.  I see my new doctor today.  This was really poor timing.  Who wants to see the doctor the Monday after a major holiday that revolves around food?  No wonder there was an opening in his schedule.  

Today's meal sounds really tasty.  I like reuben sandwiches and I like French dips.  Meld the two together and it should be a hit.  Well, maybe.  This first one is really close to the description.  All you need to do is add in the sauerkraut.  I usually saute the sauerkraut until it is getting brown.  https://neighborfoodblog.com/slow-cooker-beef-brisket-french-dip-sandwiches-sundaysupper/

522937901_Frenchdipreuben1.thumb.jpg.88928b6ca290b310f28232b01b7b796f.jpg

The directions for this recipe are on the Good Housekeeping site that insists I pay them money.  I decline to do so.  But, most of us can figure it out.  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/frenchdip-brisket-reubens--57702438956038734/

1979353718_Frenchdipreuben2.jpg.79527cc6400ef03d424d79de90ac0a79.jpg

And here is the whole recipe courtesy of the Billings Gazette.   https://billingsgazette.com/win-super-bowl-with-french-dip-reubens/article_ac216531-f225-52ec-8997-1303d02a117d.html

337667432_frenchdipreuben4.thumb.jpg.64b17dbc7b062093c9fb655c827533f6.jpg

I'd give it a try, Super Bowl or not.  Actually, I am back to my fish and veggies routine.  Wishing you all a fantastic day! 

• Like 22
  • Thanks 9

Good morning from a very cool, wind still central Texas. It is supposed to be 68F and sunny today, and 70 and mostly cloudy tomorrow.  Wednesday and Thursday we'll head back to the low 50sF.

We both like French toast and get it often on BHBs.  I also make it occasionally, but haven't in several months.

I like the Carl Jung quote, and believe in the chemistry between people.

Today's meal sounds like a combination of three good sandwiches, and I'll check out the recipes.  However, I'm leaning to having them separately.  We'll pass on the drink and the wine which is pricey.

We have not been to Port Louis, Mauritius, and are looking forward to seeing pictures.l

@StLouisCruisers  Sandi, that is a great picture off you and Dixie @summer slope  It's nice to have another face to go with a name.  HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to your twin and her DH.

@seagarsmoker  That's good news you are feeling so much better.  Just don't over do things for awhile.

@mamaofami  Carol, I'm happy you are still testing negative.

@JazzyV  Vanessa, you, BFF and his DF are in my thoughts.  (((((((HUGS))))))) to all of you.

Lenda

• Like 21
  • Thanks 2