Do excursion prices fluctuate?

beluga_baby

Does anyone know if Princess excursions booked through the company fluctuate, and hopefully ever go down? There is one I've been keeping an eye on and today I just noticed it went up by $20/pp. As of now it says there are 20 tickets remaining, but that seems almost like their default ticket number and I don't think I've seen it go up or down. I almost want to book it before it goes up again or sells out, but of course I would love it if it went down. If I was to book it and noticed the price went down, would I be able to cancel and rebook, or call Princess and get money or onboard credit back (especially if I book using some OBC to pay for part of it)? Do the excursion prices typically just go up and down? We're still several months away from our sailing so I do have the time to monitor it.

In my many years of booking Princess shorex's I have never seen the price go down. They definitely do go up, based on demand usually. For example, I waited on a certain shorex once and when they added another busload (that 20 tickets remaining thing) the price went up $5pp. So if you know you want a shorex I would book it. You can always cancel it later if you change your mind. 

• Like 4

I agree with rocklinmom. I've never seen prices drop (I used to track them) and the closer to departure the higher the price for some. I've seen increases up to $50 per person. Not all excursions increase but many do. For myself, if I have the cash or OBC to book early, I do it. Not only do you insure yourself against a potential price increase, you're now protected from an excursion selling out.

Edited by beg3yrs
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, beg3yrs said:

I agree with rocklinmom. I've never seen prices drop (I used to track them) and the closer to departure the higher the price for some. I've seen increases up to $50 per person. Not all excursions increase but many do. For myself, if I have the cash or OBC to book early, I do it. Not only do you insure yourself against a potential price increase, you're now protected from an excursion selling out.

How early can you book excursions? I just booked my first Princess cruise for December 2023 and have a ton of OBC and Shore Excursion Credit to use, but it doesn't seem like they are bookable yet.

3 minutes ago, Rubyfisch said:

How early can you book excursions? I just booked my first Princess cruise for December 2023 and have a ton of OBC and Shore Excursion Credit to use, but it doesn't seem like they are bookable yet.

I'm doing Emerald Princess through Panama Canal next December and can book excursions now through the Princess website.... Manage My Booking.

Princess can offer 3 tours, morning, noon, and afternoon and the earlier can be cheaper than the later tours.   I have never seen the tour prices go down.   But they certainly will go up as the cruise date gets closer.   They do sell out so I would book if you find something you like.  I also think once on board the prices for any tours still available are also higher. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rubyfisch said:

As d9704011 said, you can book them through the Princess web-site. It's not always consistent when they're available to book but generally they're available pretty much as the itineraries come available for booking. That said, sometime they don't show up for a couple of months and ... sometimes excursions get added as time goes on. Conversely, there have been reports (and I've experienced this first-hand) that it's rare but sometimes excursions get cancelled because the tour operator drops out.