Sky L101 Comments

patrickmoran

I’m on the Sky now for an eastern Caribbean cruise. I booked L101 specifically for the huge balcony. I thought I’d make a couple of comments regarding the balcony that I didn’t find prior to the cruise. 
The balcony is 2/3rds covered. There were 2 chairs and a table on the balcony. Neither chair reclined. My wife asked the stewardess for loungers and 2 were brought! The seas have been exceptionally calm so no issues so far with motion and wind today (day at sea) is mild so balcony is usable while sailing.
First time on the Sky and the decor is fantastic. I hadn’t realized how boring and dark the older ships were. 
Food has been good, particularly the buffet. Quality is about back to pre-Covid and the best in the 5 cruises we’ve had since sailing restarted. 

• Like 7

Hi. Thanks for the information. We are on the eastern cruise on the Sky in January. I am trying to book some specialty dinners and was wondering if you don’t mind passing along the weeks MDR choices. Along with which nights the formal nights are? Just trying to plan and making sure I don’t miss out on the lobster night etc while at the specialty dinners. Or more pick the nights the menus don’t interest us. Lol 

any info would be great. 

enjoy your cruise. 

Hi, I have booked L 102 on Sky. I just noticed on my booking it had a note about the Part Obstructed View. Non-Glass Balcony Rail/ Balcony Access When In Port Only. Have  you been able to use the balcony when the ship is in motion?

Thanks!

3 minutes ago, Lilly-Ann said:

Hi, I have booked L 102 on Sky. I just noticed on my booking it had a note about the Part Obstructed View. Non-Glass Balcony Rail/ Balcony Access When In Port Only. Have  you been able to use the balcony when the ship is in motion?

Thanks!

As you can see right in their post, the OP and wife are enjoying their balcony on sea days 

"The seas have been exceptionally calm so no issues so far with motion and wind today (day at sea) is mild so balcony is usable while sailing." (OP)

Edited by reedprincess

12 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

ReedPrincess, no problem using your balcony on sea days as far as P is concerned. Ship’s speed and weather are the practical factors that will determine whether you can enjoy the balcony 

As you can see, I'm not the one who asked about using it at see and in fact, did clarify for Lilly -Ann that it is usable any time... 

Today is a day at sea and we’re heading home. The balcony is shaded and there is a pleasant breeze. I’m sitting out reading and not having to fight the unwashed masses for a pool chair! Nice

i think the number of loungers around the pools is significantly less than what are on the Royal or the Regal. They align the chairs to the MUTS screen rather than facing the pools. 

Last sea day and the waves are a bit bigger. We have been sitting on the balcony this morning. It’s in the shade with a breeze. There’s an issue when you are out on the balcony and there’s a bit of a rock and roll. The sliding door keeps sliding open then closed. It bangs around quite loudly. 

9 hours ago, patrickmoran said:

Last sea day and the waves are a bit bigger. We have been sitting on the balcony this morning. It’s in the shade with a breeze. There’s an issue when you are out on the balcony and there’s a bit of a rock and roll. The sliding door keeps sliding open then closed. It bangs around quite loudly. 

If, while you are on the balcony, you leave the door slightly open ( I know, AC) and push the inside handle down it will lock in place and not slide back and forth. When you are ready to go back in just reach in and pull the handle up.

• Like 1