Cave tubing question - climbing?

Rika1

Hello,

I booked with cavetubing.bz based on recommendations here and am looking forward to the trip; however, I saw a Youtube video today showing a cave tubing expedition that ended with the people having to climb up over rocks, with some fairly large upward steps, that makes me very nervous. Not sure what company they were with so I don't know if it was something special, but I'm trying to find out. That kind of climbing scares me and if it's necessary I would probably not go on the trip. Here is the video. Can anyone advise me?

We've done the longer tour twice now but they've never let us out of the tubes to climb the rocks or jump and especially in the dark caves. I wonder when they started doing? It says they booked with Belize Family Adventures.

OP, there are plenty of cave tubing vendors that offer the floating down the water into the caves that don't require you to get out or climb like in that video. Check out cavetubing . bz  We've went with them twice now. Here and here are my reviews. 

Edited by mitsugirly
  • Like 2

It depends which tour and at what point you are put in water, as well as which cave.  We just did the Crystal Cave tube adventure with dry cave exploration.... totally different place than where we went on our first cave tubing experience.  The first one we did was a hike in jungle, put in tube and float downstream, get out of water.  This time we hiked UP a hill, then down wooden staircase  into a cave, tube went in cave then we drifted back to same entry point, climbed back up wooden stairs and up hill, down the other side.  It was a workout!  Lots of walking on uneven surfaces this time as well as stairs.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

I did cave tubing with cavetubing.bz last week. There is a "hike" to the point in the river where you start tubing, but no rock climbing. Just walking, some slightly hilly terrain, and some steps. I am not in the greatest shape and was fine.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/20/2022 at 4:53 PM, Rika1 said:

Thanks to all! We're booked with cavetubing.bz and it sounds like we should be fine.

Does this also involve a 90 minute drive from the ship and back to the ship?

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2023 at 12:23 PM, RCmommy said:

Does this also involve a 90 minute drive from the ship and back to the ship?

ALL the cave tubing tours go to the same area of Belize, they have slightly different put in points on the same river thru the same caves.  So yes.... they all require a 90+ minute bus ride.