2024 Schedules out (but no QE)

buchanan101

Out now... for sale on 7th Dec - sorry 6th Dec for Cunard club members

Prices seem Ok ish compared with next summer

Do Cunard offer any early bird discounts...am looking at a QA fjord cruise so I expect not as people will be wanting to try it out

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/new-voyages?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ECND1637 S24 Embargo Lift&utm_campaign=ECND1637+S24+Embargo+Lift&utm_term=CU-3792605&utm_content=cta_hero

12 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Out now... for sale on 7th Dec - sorry 6th Dec for Cunard club members

Prices seem Ok ish compared with next summer

Do Cunard offer any early bird discounts...am looking at a QA fjord cruise so I expect not as people will be wanting to try it out

https://www.cunard.com/en-gb/new-voyages?utm_medium=email&utm_source=ECND1637 S24 Embargo Lift&utm_campaign=ECND1637+S24+Embargo+Lift&utm_term=CU-3792605&utm_content=cta_hero

Usually 5% for early bookings.

Depending on the cabin you want to book, don't be too surprised if they get booked out quickly. This is a new ship and whatever the lack of interest on this board, who's to say the rest of the interested world will have the same dismissive attitude.

4 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Depending on the cabin you want to book, don't be too surprised if they get booked out quickly. This is a new ship and whatever the lack of interest on this board, who's to say the rest of the interested world will have the same dismissive attitude.

I will be online at 1pm on the 6th

Probably go for a P2 on Deck 4... no reason to go P1, so generally £200pp cheaper. They seem to have sorted that daft island in the PGs - the cabin is still long and thin though so may be tempted by a Q5 or Q6 (though those are only high near the bow, so motion could be an issue)

I want to do fjords, so am limited it seems to QA or QM2, and QM2 is more expensive,  so QA it is for her one cruise there

4 minutes ago, schattenfell71 said:

I have to say that I am a little bit dissapointed about the maiden voyage of Queen Anne.

It seems that there will be no meeting with one of the other Queens on that voyage.

It could cross with the QM2 in the channel on 11th May (one day out from Southampton for QA, one day to go still for QM2)

Very disappointed QV all fly cruises no QE, QA very expensive IMO and QM2 doing her usual TAs. Sorry having just returned from QV in a PG really don't think it is worth £750+ per night for a couple. No mention of QG prices and shudder to think what extortionate prices they are and honestly think there is just as good experience if not better with other cruise companies for similar prices.

• Like 1

Just now, BigMac1953 said:

Overall, very disappointing.

QV only doing fly cruises. Not interested.

QA. Not interested.

Have they sold the QE?

Very few trips from Southampton.

We'll probably give 2014 a miss. It'll be the first time in 16 years.

Guessing QE refit with its crew moved to QA maybe?

5 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Very disappointed QV all fly cruises no QE, QA very expensive IMO and QM2 doing her usual TAs. Sorry having just returned from QV in a PG really don't think it is worth £750+ per night for a couple. No mention of QG prices and shudder to think what extortionate prices they are and honestly think there is just as good experience if not better with other cruise companies for similar prices.

The one trip I was looking at (fjords) was from £2699 PG pp and £3499 QG pp which was cheaper for both than a QM2 trip to what it claims are the fjords. 

Yeah, it's £750 night ... knock 5% off, and $260 OBC, and shareholder $100 and I get it to about £690 per night!

Was looking at SAGA and they seemed no cheaper, though they are all inclusive...

Edited by buchanan101

4 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

The one trip I was looking at (fjords) was from £2699 PG pp and £3499 QG pp which was cheaper for both than a QM2 trip to what it claims are the fjords. 

Yeah, it's £750 night ... knock 5% off, and $260 OBC, and shareholder $100 and I get it to about £690 per night!

Was looking at SAGA and they seemed no cheaper, though they are all inclusive...

Sorry but even at £690 per night do not think it is value for money especially after my recent experience in PG on QV.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

The main complaint about QA that I've seen on here is the Promenade Deck being severely compromised? 

I guess it's a bit ugly and looking at passenger numbers/crew numbers/size it may be a bit more crowded than the others, but it's going to be a bit different and the renderings look cool.... so why not?!

3 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

Sorry but even at £690 per night do not think it is value for money especially after my recent experience in PG on QV.

What was the main problem? The cabin size/layout?

Always the QG option! Or the BC...

Edited by buchanan101
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, buchanan101 said:

The main complaint about QA that I've seen on here is the Promenade Deck being severely compromised? 

I guess it's a bit ugly and looking at passenger numbers/crew numbers/size it may be a bit more crowded than the others, but it's going to be a bit different and the renderings look cool.... so why not?!

Yes, she's ugly and yes, she's VERY different from the other ships but as I dislike Mary and wish to cruise from S'ton, then  Anne it will be for '24. 🙂

5 minutes ago, Victoria2 said:

Yes, she's ugly and yes, she's VERY different from the other ships but as I dislike Mary and wish to cruise from S'ton, then  Anne it will be for '24. 🙂

I've only done QM2 so far, so want to try one of the others, from Southampton to the fjords, so I have one choice of ship and date!

We had the same view as others - very little choice of non-fly voyages. Very disappointing. Perhaps Cunard are hoping that people in Turkey will be more likely to book than Brits! With the current state of airport service, and lack of reliability or certainty with flights, a fly-cruise is not an exciting option, at least for us - maybe others are still keen and excited about fly-cruises!

19 minutes ago, buchanan101 said:

Seems to vary - we were very pleased with QG service last month on QM2, both in the cabin and the restaurant... though it was our first voyage. 

I think the bathrooms on QV PG are a bit bigger than balcony staterooms, so hopefully that reads across to QA, but yes the long thin format isn't the best; from what I can see QM2 PGs are a lot better format

Maybe I have to stretch to the QA QG... 

On the other hand, if we are going to do this fairly regularly, but want the dining, then maybe we have to try PG on QA to see if it works for us. QG every time would be great, but...

ruinous. As we have discovered. Yet worth it. I have only felt lukewarm about two cruises, one in PG, and one when Cunard had been unloved by its owners before Carnival.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, schattenfell71 said:

I have to say that I am a little bit dissapointed about the maiden voyage of Queen Anne.

It seems that there will be no meeting with one of the other Queens on that voyage.

QA maiden cruise is 7 nights 3rd May  Lisbon and Coruna  not the 10th May sailing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, sogne said:

QA maiden cruise is 7 nights 3rd May  Lisbon and Coruna  not the 10th May sailing.

Correct and well done Cunard for honouring those bookings made for the Maiden cruise.

Some folk must be devastated by the Queen Victoria fly cruise programme, especially those QV fans with multiple FCCs in the bank. 

1 hour ago, ballroom-cruisers said:

We had the same view as others - very little choice of non-fly voyages. Very disappointing. Perhaps Cunard are hoping that people in Turkey will be more likely to book than Brits! With the current state of airport service, and lack of reliability or certainty with flights, a fly-cruise is not an exciting option, at least for us - maybe others are still keen and excited about fly-cruises!

QVs '24 itinerary is disappointing for us but  it gives us a great opportunity to try the new ship.

We are now looking forward to giving the newest sister a whirl. The at least we can say, well we tried! 🙂

• Like 1