Forward facing upgrade

jbhermes

Hi. I have an opportunity to upgrade my mini suite on Lido Deck to a forward facing suite which may not be on Lido deck. We like Lido deck, but I’ve also always wanted to try a forward facing cabin. Has anyone been in a forward facing cabin that can give me their opinion on these staterooms? Thanks! 

What ship and what category?  We've been in M107 twice on Royal class ships and loved the giant balcony and the layout of the cabin.  It's a Club Class mini suite.  It's a great cabin but you will feel the wind on the balcony and more importantly you'll definitely feel the movement of the ship more than you would midship.  So if you're sensitive to motion, it's probably not the best place for you.

Last month I sailed in M108 and then B101 on the Royal during a b2b. They were both north/south west coast itineraries (sf-Mexico M108 & sf-PNW B101). 

For these itineraries I did enjoy the cabins a lot.

Going south I found I could use m108 balcony 24/7. Going north it was usually too windy to be out there. This is by far my favorite balcony for incredible sail aways and sail ins. However for an East/West itinerary (like the 15 day Hawaii one I just took this month) I wouldn’t book m108 as I think the wind would be too much most of the time. These are just my impressions and recent experiences and may not be representative of general trends in how the winds go. 

The balcony on B101 is on the side and it is is horribly narrow…. Knees almost touch the balcony. And it has the bridge wing creating a claustrophobic space.  I hated that balcony. But the forward facing window in B101was quite nice. Also it was quite the trek to get to the concierge lounge on riviera aft.  I love that lounge on the Royal class ships. 

As far as motion goes, I could feel the motion and it didn’t bother me at all. However, I would never book either of these cabins when DH sails with me.  He can sail in aft cabins and stay relatively free of seasickness but these forward ones would have made him miserable the entire time. We had normal seas nothing too calm or too rough. 

1 hour ago, jbhermes said:

Hi. I have an opportunity to upgrade my mini suite on Lido Deck to a forward facing suite which may not be on Lido deck. We like Lido deck, but I’ve also always wanted to try a forward facing cabin. Has anyone been in a forward facing cabin that can give me their opinion on these staterooms? Thanks! 

Which forward-facing cabin?

That’s the problem. I don’t know the actual forward facing cabin until I commit to the upgrade. I think I should just stay with my mini suite in Lido deck where I know I’ll be happy. Thank you everyone for your responses!

if you are talking upgrade to a full suite, from a mini, then for me that might be a bigger factor than which deck.    If you would be going from a forward Mini to a Forward facing Suite, then, of course, you would be forward either way.

Which ship will you be on?  Which decks have these forward suites.

And, which suites that in that upgrade category are currently showing as available?

True!!!   Too far forward for me, with all the extra walking.

Did that once, with a last minute booking, ended up forward on Marina  Ohhh Myyy!!!  Wouldn't plan on wearing nice shoes/heels to dinner.

But Jean (if it is Jean posting) seems to interested in a forward facing cabin, which a lot of people like!