Jim_Iain - Solstice LIVE Mexico Riveria B2B - December 3 and 11

Jim_Iain

2 hours ago, 6986 said:

Enjoyed following your review! We enjoy learning about the various ports that we haven’t visited. Since you are exploring different cruise lines, will share our perspective. We’ve sailed Celebrity, Princess and Azamara but have decided that our favorites are the sailing ships on Windstar. We enjoy the unique stops, being able to visit the bridge most anytime while sailing, the relaxed atmosphere and the personal service among many other things. We don’t miss shows or crowds. Once when looking at the evening menu posted in the morning the head chef stopped by. He asked my husband what he would like for dinner and he replied “lamb chops”. He said he would have them for him for dinner and he did! 
Cynde

Thanks -   I'm sure we will still sail with Celebrity but looking to other carriers for sites we want to visit.

Thanks for such a great virtual trip! After reading your report on Greenland, I put that one on my list, but I have been looking at Ponant too (Canary Islands or Sicily) and I will look forward to your comparison! So many wonderful places to travel; it helps to have virtual travel like this to fill in the between times.

On 1/2/2023 at 9:50 PM, irvington said:

Thanks for such a great virtual trip! After reading your report on Greenland, I put that one on my list, but I have been looking at Ponant too (Canary Islands or Sicily) and I will look forward to your comparison! So many wonderful places to travel; it helps to have virtual travel like this to fill in the between times.

Thanks... I have to say that Greenland did not disappoint with the exception of Reykjavik  where due to lack of infrastructure we didn't even leave the ship on turn around day. 

• Like 1

On 1/2/2023 at 8:37 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Thanks -   I'm sure we will still sail with Celebrity but looking to other carriers for sites we want to visit.

We just booked our first cruise with Oceania on the new ship, Vista. Not sailing until 1/2025, but I’m ready to try something new. We booked a Panama Canal cruise, LA-Miami, 16 nights. That said, we have not canceled our next Celebrity cruise, the repo on Eclipse in December. Sailing Azamara in February and two scheduled on Regent. So fortunate to have these opportunities!!

3 hours ago, Chase101 said:

Jim_lain,

I think I read that you booked one of the Alcoves. I’m sailing on January 28th & was wondering what was included & do they overlook the ocean. Thanks!

Barbara

They do not face the Ocean -  They face inward toward the lawn club.

Message Number #796 I have pictures as well as the additional room service menu.  Which is available.

I'll see if I can find the Cabana Flyer but basiclly you select a bottle of either Premium Champagne or a Liter Bottle of Premium Booze (they list Kettle One but will get you what you wish) and some items like fruit and cheese plates.   You can also order anything from the room service menu posted in #796

Below is from the Beyond but same for all Cabanas and Alcoves -

Credit to @GenerationX Carla's great picture below.

https://content.invisioncic.com/j283755/monthly_2022_11/DC5CC356-D28F-4A42-8A81-B3822E2819CC.jpeg.1b3bf576cb710f7ad9efbd0b25dfcd1c.jpeg

Edited by Jim_Iain

On 1/2/2023 at 9:37 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Hi Jim

I love your cruise blogs and all of the info you impart.

This is probably a simplistic question but it's been 3 years since we've cruised and my mind is foggy. So I'm coming to the cruise expert.

We have B2B2B2Bs this winter. The cruises are linked (to get the discount) I just got a "please check in" email from Celebrity for the second cruise. We've checked in for the first cruise - do I have to do the online check in for the next three?

THANKS!!!

On 12/25/2022 at 5:41 PM, Jim_Iain said:

@TrulyBlonde  Thanks for pointing my to your well written review.   You have me second guessing whether we should try Silverseas first rather than Ponant.     The cruise we are considering is on the Explorer Class ship.    I'm expecting a total different experience than Celebrity but  very intrigued by the particular Great Lakes Cruise.   At least it will be close to home and hopefully we won't experience the heavy seas you went through. 

Your comparison to a River Cruise will be interesting as Iain has been wanting to do one while I'm kinda against it. 

Jim, Viking has several Great Lakes cruises to choose from.

Of course, Iain and yourself could always do a paddlewheel cruise up the mighty Mississippi River!

11 hours ago, chamima said:

Hi Jim

I love your cruise blogs and all of the info you impart.

This is probably a simplistic question but it's been 3 years since we've cruised and my mind is foggy. So I'm coming to the cruise expert.

We have B2B2B2Bs this winter. The cruises are linked (to get the discount) I just got a "please check in" email from Celebrity for the second cruise. We've checked in for the first cruise - do I have to do the online check in for the next three?

THANKS!!!

If on consecutive cruises you do not have to fill in registrations except for the first.    If you do it may save you 15 seconds by not having your picture taken by security.   Also your credit card will already be on file.  If you don't per-register you can add your credit card  via the app. 

To be honest I generally fill them out since it is so simple.    It did come in handy once when we too a ships B2B tour and when getting back we had left our Transit Passes in our room.   I just flashed my Express Pass and it got us through the door. 

7 hours ago, Chase101 said:

Jim_lain,

Thanks for the information! I’m trying to decide which port I may book it for!

Barbara

To be honest I don' think you need to rush.   I've never seen more than 2 of them booked at the same time.   Good thing is after booked you can always cancel or change the date once on board.

3 hours ago, boxkite said:

Jim, Viking has several Great Lakes cruises to choose from.

Of course, Iain and yourself could always do a paddlewheel cruise up the mighty Mississippi River!

I've actually thought the Paddle Wheel could be a fun trip.