Any current or recent Pride cruisers?

jxtgreek

Not super recent but July 2022.  Food was outstanding as was the service and the high level of cleanlinesses.  No issues whatsoever.  Great layout and big public spaces. Butterfly lounge is a great for comedy (good size compared to modern LL. And Punchliner lounges).  I would sail on a Spirit Class anytime.    

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bulldogsoc said:

Not super recent but July 2022.  Food was outstanding as was the service and the high level of cleanlinesses.  No issues whatsoever.  Great layout and big public spaces. Butterfly lounge is a great for comedy (good size compared to modern LL. And Punchliner lounges).  I would sail on a Spirit Class anytime.    

Glad you had no issues. Our 32 nights in May/June the MDR was horrible. 

Just got off her Nov. 12th after being on her for 32 days. Loved the ship and most everything about it. dining room for dinner was hit and miss. sometimes very good, some nights not so much. when I cant find an entree that appeals, i just order 3 or 4 appetizers. Friendly crew, great bartenders in the atrium.

We did B2B on Pride recently, the last Med cruise followed by the Transatlantic. Although it's an older ship we had a good time. The MDR was much better than the Mardi Gras which we sailed on after the Transatlantic cruise. The Lido was also a better layout on Pride compared to Mardi Gras.

The one area that let's Pride down is the entertainment. The onboard Playlist team were terrible. Eight people on stage but only one could sing, young lady called Crystal, good voice and personality. The rest of the entertainers ranged from barely acceptable to the downright worst I've ever heard on any cruise ship. 

We also had the worst cruise director we've ever experienced. He was only seen at night time and only in the theatre. He was always dressed in black and had as much fun factor as a funeral director. As for the Fun squad, that's an oxymoron. All they did was read quiz questions all day, every day, with all the enthusiasm of a sloth. 

The fly on entertainers and comedians were good. The theatre is a good size as is the Butterflies lounge used for the comedy club so no need to get there 30-40 minutes before a show. Something that you can't say for the newer Carnival ships.

• Like 1

I cruised on her this past July and overall it was one of the worst experiences that I have had with Carnival in terms of some of the staff.  Some of them were just not consistent with what I have experienced on pretty much every other cruise I have been on with CCL.  However, I suspect she has a different staff by now. Some of the ship looks good, but other areas were in need of repair.  Our suite was in decent condition (other than our shower never worked despite 3 repair attempts by staff) but my the adjoining balcony looked very well used. She is scheduled for dry dock next May. Most of the common areas were in decent shape for her age.   

14 hours ago, Eli_6 said:

I cruised on her this past July and overall it was one of the worst experiences that I have had with Carnival in terms of some of the staff.  Some of them were just not consistent with what I have experienced on pretty much every other cruise I have been on with CCL.  However, I suspect she has a different staff by now. Some of the ship looks good, but other areas were in need of repair.  Our suite was in decent condition (other than our shower never worked despite 3 repair attempts by staff) but my the adjoining balcony looked very well used. She is scheduled for dry dock next May. Most of the common areas were in decent shape for her age.   

They brought on a ton of new crew when they got to Tampa after the TL, you could tell some were new, but never experienced an issue with any of them.

We will also be on your cruise.  I have not been on a cruise for thirty years (New England Cruise).  so I guess I would be considered a semi first timer.  We have only one tour scheduled and was wondering about information about local tours not thru the cruise.  Anything you could recommend would be appreciated.  If I am on the wrong thread, I am sorry....new to this.