Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

When it was almost done, he said "cheese sir?"... I said no, and then he put it on there anyway... I guess sometimes these guys are just on autopilot... Anyhoo, no big deal. I also paid a visit to the bacon police...

PXL_20221209_130657409.thumb.jpg.a295abe413c0608ad6dddca4c169d927.jpg

PXL_20221209_130702415.jpg

• Like 13

Good morning Sid, follower 285 here! Long time listener, first time caller. Thank you for sharing your vacation with me. Loving all the photos and posts, and especially your wit. I’m on CC all the time reading everyone’s reviews and looking for little tips here and there. I’m not on the other social sites so this is my only resource and I’m so grateful for all of you who spend time posting.  I say “spend time” because that’s exactly what it is. You’re spending your time, valuable time, to spread a little cheer, make someone smile and laugh. It’s something you can’t get back and something you can’t buy more of. Our time is truly the most valuable thing we have IMHO.  So again I’ll say thank you, and have a wonderful, fun filled day!

• Like 29
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, RoperDK said:

Lol, she is your "person" of the cruise.  You will now see (and hear) her everywhere.  It seems to always happen.  We give our "person" a nickname.  It seems like "Miss Alabama" is it for you.  Our nicknames are many times not politically correct.  It's so funny that we might not remember which cruise it was, but everyone will remember that special "person".

We do the same thing! One of my favorites was "Crocs w/ Socks". I would giggle every time I said it! Then we had another guy we just called "New Yawk"...cause every time we saw him he was always telling someone he from there....loudly! 

• Like 4
  • Haha 4

10 hours ago, CallistaSkye said:

It was seriously wild. They were EVERYWHERE we went. Like I do not get how it's possible to run into the same people at the most random times on a HUGE ship like that. I went to use the bathroom near the Serenity spa thing and somehow the mom and youngest daughter were in there and the little girl was telling the mom that another lady looked like a man. and the mom got SO embarrassed and was asking her why she said that. and I was trying to ignore them. We saw them in the buffet. I can't even remember where else. I feel bad for those kids for sure.

This happened on our Alaskan cruise, too. When we were sightseeing in Seattle the day before we embarked, there was a family in line in front of us waiting to get into Starbucks. That family had a couple of teenage girls, and the girls went into another shop to get snacks/food while waiting in line. When they returned to their parents in line with the food, the dad yelled "TAX!!!", took one of the girls' food, and took a HUGE bite of it. We were shocked and thought that was kind of rude. I mean, just ask nicely for a bite and then don't eat half of it in that one bite. I would never do that to my kid.

Anyway, they ended up being on our ship, and we ran into them all week and in the ports. Whenever we saw them, one of us would loudly whisper "TAX!!" and then we'd all crack up. So weird.

Edited by TravelGirlinDallas
  • Like 1
  • Haha 9

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

It's a little hard to find, but I remembered from looking at Google maps that the alley was close to Diamonds International... Great little bar, serving five dollar drinks, and the owner (Juggies) is an extremely nice guy...

Ten minute walk from port?  

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, MistyRo76 said:

Then we had another guy we just called "New Yawk"...cause every time we saw him he was always telling someone he from there....loudly! 

There was a guy like this on one of our cruises, super-obnoxious, and always wearing Hawaiian shirts. He was in our group for a bridge tour and wanted to do most of the talking when we were trying to listen to the crew. We called him "Cruise-Weah" in reference to George's dad on Seinfeld. We still laugh about that guy.

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

My hot tub quest turned out to be a bust, so I just laid out in the sun for awhile. It ten am, and both Serenity hot tubs don't even have water in them yet. I went up to Loft 19 and tried to get in one of those but I got yelled at and run off. There's a couple more available on other parts of the ship, but each one has at ten or more people in it already. When I asked if there was an estimated opening time, they said that they're doing maintenance on them. Definitely not true, cause I've been sitting there for an hour and a half and not a single crew member ever went near them... 

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

Well, to add insult to injury, I just read that the Jubilee is now delayed, and the first several sailings are cancelled, including Saint Gregs' and mine the following week...

Yeah that kind of screws up my plans for 2023 and 2024.

• Like 9

I went ahead and just started packing to try and take my mind off the cancelled vacation. Hopefully customs doesn't want to check my box with the Hennessy in it. If they do, well then they're going to have to dig through all my dirty clothes from the entire week that I used as cushion...

PXL_20221209_152522763.jpg

• Like 9
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

This fancy machine dispenses soda for the low low price of only 21¢ per ounce... :0

A cup could easily end up running you a few dollars. I'm glad that I don't touch the stuff.

PXL_20221209_131917762.thumb.jpg.0468ac29bac67a884f8d287cda50f6c9.jpg

PXL_20221209_131923115.jpg

I bought the bottomless bubbles for my hubby (he is a pop drinker not beer drinker so its cheaper!) do you bring your own cups now?  We havent been on Carnival since pandemic and this summer we were on RCL and they gave us a cup to use through the whole cruise.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LindyWebb said:

I bought the bottomless bubbles for my hubby (he is a pop drinker not beer drinker so its cheaper!) do you bring your own cups now?  We havent been on Carnival since pandemic and this summer we were on RCL and they gave us a cup to use through the whole cruise.

We always bring our own cups to use

• Like 1