Celebration! / Live! / Solo! Dec-4-11-2022...

sid_9169

11 hours ago, sid_9169 said:

It's not like Chik fil A, but does have a unique quality and crunch. The biscuits could be better, but it's a pretty satisfying sandwich... The lunch sandwiches are great too, and I regret not getting another one... Too many options on the Celebration.

When I went to Las Vegas last April, my BFF and I walked to Big Chicken from the MGM.  Took way too long (we ubered back) but totally worth it to eat my Big Chicken sandwich again!🐔

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

When I went to Las Vegas last April, my BFF and I walked to Big Chicken from the MGM.  Took way too long (we ubered back) but totally worth it to eat my Big Chicken sandwich again!🐔

Big Chicken in Vegas? Woo-Hoo I will get to try it before stepping foot on a ship, spending Xmas in Vegas.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I went to dinner tonight with my friend who's a certified "Cuban cigar expert"... He says that they're definitely real, and that I got a pretty decent deal on them, so that's good news... Truth is, that I've only smoked about twenty cigars in my whole life, but I wanted to have "that experience", so what the heck... I'll give a few of them to a buddy of mine that's also a cigar smoker, and of course I gave one to my friend tonight, thus the missing cigar in the picture...

PXL_20221214_004411284.jpg

• Like 14

3 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I went to dinner tonight with my friend who's a certified "Cuban cigar expert"... He says that they're definitely real, and that I got a pretty decent deal on them, so that's good news... Truth is, that I've only smoked about twenty cigars in my whole life, but I wanted to have "that experience", so what the heck... I'll give a few of them to a buddy of mine that's also a cigar smoker, and of course I gave one to my friend tonight, thus the missing cigar in the picture...

PXL_20221214_004411284.jpg

The first Cuban I had was that brand.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

The first Cuban I had was that brand.

I asked the lady at the shop for the "most mild" Cuban, and she steered me towards this one. My friend says that these are good "starter Cubans", which is fine with me... I can't stand tobacco altogether, and I'll probably give most of these away...

• Like 8

Sid - I dropped out for a few days and came to PVR to leave the snow - just finished your LIVE now.  Thanks for the honesty and openess sharing this adventure - keep telling it like it is and stay real - gawd, I love to travel!  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, amyjoy202697 said:

First time commenter here! I just wanted to say THANK YOU for taking the time to put this whole thing together on your vacation. I really enjoyed it, and you did an amazing job.

Thanks, amyjoy202697... You just made the traditional thank you list!...

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Jenzoe888 said:

What time did the Celebration get into port and what time could you leave if doing express disembarkation by carrying own bags?

It varies from sailing to sailing and because of possible complications you can never be 100% guaranteed as to when carry offs would start, but 730 would be a guesstimate.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Jenzoe888 said:

What time did the Celebration get into port and what time could you leave if doing express disembarkation by carrying own bags?

I believe priority walk off began around 7:30... Zones that used luggage service didn't start until about an hour later.

God, I really miss following Sid's postings - the humor, the food and drink pictures, all the pictures around the ship, pictures from the ports, etc., etc.  It gave me so much info for my future cruise on the Celebration in such a well written and amusing way!  The one I am following now is so boring and negative.  Sid, please don't stop posting  about your future cruises!! 

• Like 5

14 hours ago, DeanDeeDee said:

God, I really miss following Sid's postings - the humor, the food and drink pictures, all the pictures around the ship, pictures from the ports, etc., etc.  It gave me so much info for my future cruise on the Celebration in such a well written and amusing way!  The one I am following now is so boring and negative.  Sid, please don't stop posting  about your future cruises!! 

Come follow Sid here

• Like 4

I ended up selling both bottles of Pure White Hennessy for $60 more than I paid for both of them... The box of ten cigars was $100, so take $60 off of that, and I ended up with an entire box for forty bucks... Four dollars a stick for a Cuban ain't bad!...

• Like 16

This was the greatest "Live" cruise thread I have ever read.  I just sat here the last two days going over this thread and wow, Sid, you knocked it out of the park.  Loved reading every bit of this and THANK YOU!  My family and I are going on the Celebration in June and we can't wait.  I wish you the very best and look forward to seeing more of your threads down the road - or sea.  

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, BrotherCraig said:

This was the greatest "Live" cruise thread I have ever read.  I just sat here the last two days going over this thread and wow, Sid, you knocked it out of the park.  Loved reading every bit of this and THANK YOU!  My family and I are going on the Celebration in June and we can't wait.  I wish you the very best and look forward to seeing more of your threads down the road - or sea.  

The "best ever" is exactly what I was aiming for!... Thanks:)

• Like 13
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

I ended up selling both bottles of Pure White Hennessy for $60 more than I paid for both of them... The box of ten cigars was $100, so take $60 off of that, and I ended up with an entire box for forty bucks... Four dollars a stick for a Cuban ain't bad!...

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, BrotherCraig said:

@sid_9169....EXACTLY what the TRIBE has been telling you for several years now.....you would make an awesome food/travel correspondent.  There has got to be some contact out there to get you in the door!

• Like 6

10 minutes ago, Hogladyrider said:

@sid_9169....EXACTLY what the TRIBE has been telling you for several years now.....you would make an awesome food/travel correspondent.  There has got to be some contact out there to get you in the door!

I willing to entertain any contacts that are out there... Anyone?...

• Like 5