$50 Voyager Credit

alyssamma

16 hours ago, Bgwest said:

MSC provides each of us with a 10% discount (she, teachar - me LEO) off the base fare. 

Wondering if the $50 OBC is in addition to the discount we are given. 

Anyone else in a similar situation? 

Yes, you would get the OBC if you booked far enough in advance.

• Thanks 1

On 1/16/2023 at 1:22 PM, Bgwest said:

MSC provides each of us with a 10% discount (she, teachar - me LEO) off the base fare. 

Wondering if the $50 OBC is in addition to the discount we are given. 

Anyone else in a similar situation? 

OBC is in addition to the 10% discount. 

If I'm not mistaken, only one of you needs to be eligible for a discount (teacher or LEO) for the cabin's fare (i.e. total for 2 cruisers) to be discounted.  At least that's how it worked for me with a military discount (my wife didn't qualify for a discount), but both of our fares were discounted.  Not sure how it works if you have more than 2 people in the cabin...

Edited by Av8tor
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

My recent (10 minutes ago!) experience with the Voyagers' credit for early booking:

I booked an early December 2023 Seascape cruise in late December 2022.  It took about a month to even be able to log into my booking on-line but I was finally able to do so yesterday.  No where could I find the OBC for booking early so I sent an email this afternoon to MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com. 

Exactly 35 minutes I received an answer:  "we will have that credit applied 30-60 days prior to your sailing, but we have in {your} account that you will receive it due to your diamond membership status plus booking more than 6 months in advance."

2 hours ago, capriccio said:

My recent (10 minutes ago!) experience with the Voyagers' credit for early booking:

I booked an early December 2023 Seascape cruise in late December 2022.  It took about a month to even be able to log into my booking on-line but I was finally able to do so yesterday.  No where could I find the OBC for booking early so I sent an email this afternoon to MSCExistingReservations@msccruisesusa.com. 

Exactly 35 minutes I received an answer:  "we will have that credit applied 30-60 days prior to your sailing, but we have in {your} account that you will receive it due to your diamond membership status plus booking more than 6 months in advance."

Thanks for this...something has definitely changed. I believe they are even more a**backwards than usual on this.

On 1/25/2023 at 4:34 PM, Shipof6Fools said:

On the subject of getting the loyalty $50 OBC.  I did a loyalty match and they granted me and my wife Diamond status. Is the $50 OBC per cabin or per guest? Thank you in advance.

The Diamond Voyagers $50 OBC is one for each of you. It is applied if booking is made 9 months or longer before cruise.

from MSC

-- Book 12+ months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount + Double Points.**
   (Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person)

-- Book 9 to12 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.
   (Silver, Gold and Diamond members will also receive a $50 Onboard Credit per person)

-- Book 6 to 9 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book less than 6 months before departure and receive a 5% Discount.

Edited by phissy

55 minutes ago, phissy said:

The Diamond Voyagers $50 OBC is one for each of you. It is applied if booking is made 9 months or longer before cruise.

from MSC

-- Book 12+ months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount + Double Points.**

-- Book 9 to12 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book 6 to 9 months before departure and receive a 5% + 5% Discount.

-- Book less than 6 months before departure and receive a 5% Discount.

Hi phissy, If I book online the 5% comes off automatic? Thank you!

Edited by twopizz

On 1/26/2023 at 5:30 AM, capriccio said:

Thanks for the email address. Emailed them and had a response in under 10 minutes. Excellent

• Like 1

• hi I did our status match to Gold status, I have asked about the $50 obc credit for our cruise in September but every time I say this to MSC they say you have obc which I have but his was a perk when we booked last year nothing to do with gold status I am getting no were emailed and called then numerous times any advise.
  • Like 1

Well, as the OP I just wanted to update on my experience. After 2mo of emails and being told everything to "soon", "once final payment is made", "onboard", "a few weeks before the sailing", and some weird thing about the contract they had with my TA, I finally got them to add it.

As always, persistence is the key with MSC and the struggle and hoops they make you jump through to get the basic stuff that is owed to you is why I love sailing them 🙂

• Like 2