Life from Bliss LA to Mia Dec2

MarkusToe

17 minutes ago, MarkusToe said:

Today ship is ill...coughing soot in an extent iv'e never seen. These 2 pics are the result of about 30 sec.

We escaped from H2O sundeck.

20221216_124451.jpg

20221216_124434.jpg

Wow.  We get a lot of reports of this but rarely pictures that show how bad it can really be.  We had an aft balcony on our last cruise (Joy) and never saw a hint of this.  I guess it can vary quite a bit.

2 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Today ship is ill...coughing soot in an extent iv'e never seen. These 2 pics are the result of about 30 sec.

We escaped from H2O sundeck.

20221216_124451.jpg

20221216_124434.jpg

This can't be healthy for passengers or the environment.

Last day...to sum up the cruise:

PRO

Food overall excellent,  exept Local  Bar and Grill on Deck 7.

Service overall over the top, allways a smile, all thoghter are going the extra mile for you.

Restaurant ranking

1. La Cucina

2. Cagney's

3. Teppanyaki

4. Los Lobos

Ship cleaningness inside very good.

Ship cleaningness outside soso.

Al windows are blind from salt or soot.

Never seen a person cleaning the windows. Assume they wait for rain 😀

CON

Smoking area, way too small for 4500 Pax.

About 15 to 20 seat close to H2O bar.

Place always ugly dirty. Therefore floor on H2O dirty as well. On some days inside H2O smokers are found...always the same. They don't care about bar men speech nor security. Stoppt the time they attend, smoked further afterwards.

Soot

From my point of view a big issue on this cruise. Sometimes like dark brown rain, today oily flakes. 

Loudness

Way too loud on pooldeck.

Talking if the band or DJ. plays is not possible. Extra speaker on Deck 17....

Sound from ????  until 11pm inside stateroom. May be Covern Club. 

The only quite place on ship is H2O bar, as long as the "special smokers" havn't  drunk so much...

Other example is guest service: as an safety guy from germany i would say they have to use earplugs as protection, way too loud there, on all events.

Overall a good cruise, more time at port would be fine.

Do we have a problem with this cruise, definitely

GAINED TOO MUCH WEIGHT 😀😃🙂🙃

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

They have no big Show, like X.

There is Six,  and a Sinatra talk..

I say talk not musical, because more ralk than music.

We left on both early

Additionally a Beatles Tribute,  these guys can't sing....clothing like indian basar in pink colour....all in all disappointed 

4 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Today disembarkation.....,in theory

Plan to be off ship 8 AM.

Now its 1010 AM .

3 other groups to call upfront ours.

Total process stopped by customs, due to the big zoo in arrival hall. 

The last couple cruises I was on, including one based in Miami,  were a lot more laid back in terms of Customs.  They didn't check everyone individually (not sure about non-US nationals.)  I wonder what's happening...

12 hours ago, MarkusToe said:

Today disembarkation.....,in theory

Plan to be off ship 8 AM.

Now its 1010 AM .

3 other groups to call upfront ours.

Total process stopped by customs, due to the big zoo in arrival hall. 

Wow! I was on your cruise and did self disembarkation. I got to the curb at 7:20 a.m. waiting for my ride. I was surprised that so few were leaving at that time. Your pic is what I am accustom to on many cruises, especially NYC.

I will be doing this cruise Miami to LA January 7, for dinner planning purposes what time are the shows in the evening? Also were  there any nights that the MDR menu had prime rib, lobster offerings, occasionally on other lines on their “formal night” they offer these items in the MDR, since NCL does not have a formal night I was wondering if they do have any of this.

3 minutes ago, Bayleebear said:

I will be doing this cruise Miami to LA January 7, for dinner planning purposes what time are the shows in the evening? Also were  there any nights that the MDR menu had prime rib, lobster offerings, occasionally on other lines on their “formal night” they offer these items in the MDR, since NCL does not have a formal night I was wondering if they do have any of this.

Shows are at 7:00 (sometimes 7:30) and 9:00.

The Local and the Buffet have Prime Rib nights.  Lobster is served in La Bistro and Cagney's.

Enjoy your cruise

On 12/17/2022 at 5:27 PM, MarkusToe said:

Not seen....Immigration itself was a thing of seconds....no idea why this big delay

Volume. Plain and simple. Don't mean to resurrect an old thread, but I was also on this sailing. There were at least three other cruise ships that I could see that were in port that morning, which meant that Customs and Border Patrol (CBP) was tasked with processing all of those passengers. 

The NCL terminal had four CBP officers (at the time I was going through) to process approx. 3,200 (?) passengers. Any time there was an issue, or someone had to be taken to secondary inspection (which I saw happen twice just in the time I could see what was happening from the line), that's one CBP officer down. So, even though the average traveler takes about 2-3 minutes to get through screening, the time adds up. Also, they were being very strict with not crowding the gangway/arrivals hall, so a new wave of passengers couldn't be released until the first had sufficiently cleared the line. Getting people up, out, luggage picked up, and then onto customs, also takes time.

I expect that this will continue to be a disembarkation issue out of Miami for a while until CBP sorts out its staffing levels and NCL figures out its procedures a bit better.

On 12/16/2022 at 11:54 PM, Maplemoose said:

What about the major productions in the theater? It starting to look like NC L  is removing the broadway style musicals from their ships.

They had performances of both Six (three performances) and the Jersey Boys (for which they added an extra performance, four total). Both have been on Broadway and the West End. I thought overall the shows were pretty well done, myself. The rest of the evenings in the Bliss Theatre were various comedy, magician, and mentalist type acts.

48 minutes ago, Travelling2Some said:

Has anyone noticed if the Port of Miami has Global Entry enabled?

We have Global Entry and I did not see any obvious signs (nor any Global Entry kiosks) when we disembarked in Miami last week. That said, I also did not ask so they may have some hidden away in a separate section.

• Thanks 1