What ship are you hoping will come to NJ?

What ship are you hoping will take on Port Liberty Bayonne 2024?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. As many of us eagerly await RCCL's announcement on Dec. 12th for deployment of Cape Liberty itineraries for summer 2024, here is what we do know! Carnival Cruise will have itineraries from NY aboard Carnival Venezia, and MSC will have itineraries aboard Meraviglia. These are 2 heavy hitters! RCCL must answer to that with 1 or 2 great ships to compete. The ships in the poll are ships that are not yet accounted for for summer 2024.e!

• Allure of the Seas
    • Mariner of the Seas
    • Freedom of the Seas
    • Harmony of the Seas
    • Symphany of the Seas
    • Liberty of the Seas
    • Serenade of the Seas
    • Independence of the Seas

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 12/13/2022 at 12:30 AM

1 hour ago, boscobeans said:

Almost any ship with a 12 - 14-day Caribbean Itinerary that AVOIDS Cape Canaveral and Nassau.

At least ONE in the Jan-Feb-Mar timeslot.

yup has my vote.  no need to stop at PC unless it comes in at 7am leaves at 11pm then one could have a full day at one of the parks.

My first cruise on Anthem was for 11 days and enjoyed the southern ports and labadee.

would be nice if one of the ships went up to NE and over to Labador and Greenland r/t.

Iceland would make it too long.  oh and newfoundland as well

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Oceansaway17 said:

yup has my vote.  no need to stop at PC unless it comes in at 7am leaves at 11pm then one could have a full day at one of the parks.

My first cruise on Anthem was for 11 days and enjoyed the southern ports and labadee.

would be nice if one of the ships went up to NE and over to Labador and Greenland r/t.

Iceland would make it too long.  oh and newfoundland as well

The Jewel is doing a 14 night to Canada and Greenland next fall from Cape Liberty.

5 hours ago, toad455 said:

Still waiting to hear if the Odyssey will replace the Anthem in winter 2024-25.

Odyssey doesn't have the pool roof, so I don't think that makes sense. Anthem is the perfect ship for winter sailing out of NY (although I'm getting a bit bored of her). I've also sailed on Odyssey by the way, which is definitely improved over Anthem but the lack of a pool roof is a deal breaker.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, exm said:

Odyssey doesn't have the pool roof, so I don't think that makes sense. Anthem is the perfect ship for winter sailing out of NY (although I'm getting a bit bored of her). I've also sailed on Odyssey by the way, which is definitely improved over Anthem but the lack of a pool roof is a deal breaker.

Exactly. As much as I am ready for a new ship after 8 on Anthem, Odyssey won't work families.

Anthem "stealth" business from NCL ships during winters this way. 😍

7 minutes ago, exm said:

So... Symphony it is, which is great. Unfortunately they're still sailing the same itineraries.

One small change that I noticed on the February '24 Anthem 8 night sail is that it takes 2+ full days at sea and arriving on the 4th day at PC from 7AM and departing 6PM.  Miami stop dropped from my similar itinerary in February '23.

On 12/13/2022 at 4:18 PM, Tatka said:

Exactly. As much as I am ready for a new ship after 8 on Anthem, Odyssey won't work families.

Anthem "stealth" business from NCL ships during winters this way. 😍

Explorer was in Nj for how long.No indoor pool. Yes it would suck for families with kids. But besides a couple of weeks (Jersey week, Thanksgiving, Christmas). there really isn't that many kids onboard  during the winter. I for one .hopes Odyssey homeports here. Love Anthem but think it's time for a change.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, nelblu said:

One small change that I noticed on the February '24 Anthem 8 night sail is that it takes 2+ full days at sea and arriving on the 4th day at PC from 7AM and departing 6PM.  Miami stop dropped from my similar itinerary in February '23.

This what Anthem used to do on Thanksgivings. We loved it as it gave us whole day at NASA.

1 hour ago, jptoz said:

Explorer was in Nj for how long.No indoor pool. Yes it would suck for families with kids. But besides a couple of weeks (Jersey week, Thanksgiving, Christmas). there really isn't that many kids onboard  during the winter. I for one .hopes Odyssey homeports here. Love Anthem but think it's time for a change.

Why create inconvenience if it can be avoided?

I am OK with any other ship of this class except for Odyssey.

There are still QuantumOvation, Spectrum.

Any of them would fit.

And yes, we sailed on Explorer during cold times. It was inconvenient.

3 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Thanks for that. Wow, exactly one occurrence each of more interesting itineraries. Otherwise Nassau, Coco-Cay, Cape Canaveral.  Spit rinse repeat.  Boring. Oh well

Dan

Unless we build new islands/ports in Atlantic Ocean there is no choice.

We do Southern Caribbean cruises on Anthem during Januaries and Enchantment (whatever) from Baltimore.

Also there are 9 dayers to Bermuda/Caribbean on other ships from NJ during summers. Just not Oasis class. Last summer it was Adventure.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, jptoz said:

I'd take the Explorer back if the Anthem isn't going anywhere. Explorer was perfect and Anthem is just bigger. Anthem has been cruising out of Bayonne since 2016. Time for a change.

32 minutes ago, toad455 said:

I'd take the Explorer back if the Anthem isn't going anywhere. Explorer was perfect and Anthem is just bigger. Anthem has been cruising out of Bayonne since 2016. Time for a change.

There will be another Voyager or Freedom class ship for summers. Just like Adventure is doing now.

We were talking about cold season.

During cold season Explorer won't work like Anthem does at all. Solarium is a destination itself.

Who wants to wait several days till it is comfortable to swim? I cannot wait till our January cruise to Southern Caribbeans even though we just sailed on her for Thanksgiving

solarium-quantum-large1.jpg

solarium2.jpg

AntDec-23889-1574270138_3.png

Edited by Tatka
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, nelblu said:

What would it take to skip Nassau and add either St Thomas or St Marteen as a change.

Would need to be a longer cruise. Unless they only did St. Thomas/St. Maartern & CocoCay.

Day 1 & 2: Sea days

Day 3: St. Thomas

Day 4: Sea day

Day 5: CocoCay

Day 6 & 7: Sea days

12 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Would need to be a longer cruise. Unless they only did St. Thomas/St. Maartern & CocoCay.

Day 1 & 2: Sea days

Day 3: St. Thomas

Day 4: Sea day

Day 5: CocoCay

Day 6 & 7: Sea days

An 8 niter they can even add St Marteen in addition.

3 hours ago, toad455 said:

Explorer used to sail the Winters out of Bayonne before the Quantum-class was established. Very successful & popular.

I sailed on her from NJ.

It was popular because there was no choice.

Still not sure why not continue to sail nicer, better equipped  ship?

What is an advantage of Odyssey.

6 minutes ago, toad455 said:

Anthem has been sailing out of Bayonne in the Winter for almost 8 years now. Her regulars wouldn't mind a change, even if it comes without an indoor pool.

At least get another Quantum Class in NY so we get new shows, like Ovation.