Water bottles in your luggage?

SandyR5

8 minutes ago, SandyR5 said:

Can you pack bottled water in your luggage?  Allowed?  Hate to buy water and like a bottle bedside. 

Pack it in your carry-on; otherwise, your checked luggage most likely will be sent to the naughty room to be claimed.

Edited by Another_Critic
  • Like 3

8 hours ago, SandyR5 said:

Can you pack bottled water in your luggage?  Allowed?  Hate to buy water and like a bottle bedside. 

Yes, you can bring aboard a certain number of bottles of maximum specified size.  However, you can pre-order water that will be in your room when you get there.  Several days before my 11/5 departure on Serenade, I received a solicitation from RCL offering 12 bottles of water for $11 ... a decrease from the earlier advertised $33.  I bought that water.  Buying the water from RCL meant I didn't have to schlep the water from where I parked to the ship, and I could then bring appropriately sized bottles of Diet Pepsi in addition to the 2 bottles of wine.

I know water bottles are included in the drink package, but do you guys know if I can request to send a small case to my room? I don't find paying the $8 to bring to my room but do you know if they will charge me for the water as well if I have the drink package?

Edited by nolegirl01

1 hour ago, nolegirl01 said:

I know water bottles are included in the drink package, but do you guys know if I can request to send a small case to my room?

If you want bottles included in your drink package in your cabin, you need to pick them up at venues which have them. 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

If you want bottles included in your drink package in your cabin, you need to pick them up at venues which have them. 

yeah we did this last time and it was no problem but just thought if it was doable to just have it delivered to our room so it's there when we board, just for conveniece... but no biggie, we usually go down to the nearest bar and pick up a few.

11 minutes ago, nolegirl01 said:

yeah we did this last time and it was no problem but just thought if it was doable to just have it delivered to our room so it's there when we board, just for conveniece... but no biggie, we usually go down to the nearest bar and pick up a few.

You can pre-purchase the water package and have it waiting for you in your room.  That's what we usually do as we consume a lot of hot tea in our room.  I also drink a lot of water anway. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nolegirl01 said:

I know water bottles are included in the drink package, but do you guys know if I can request to send a small case to my room? I don't find paying the $8 to bring to my room but do you know if they will charge me for the water as well if I have the drink package?

I usually go through 3-4 half-liter bottles every day. I've had drink packages that included water -- no charge if it clearly says water is included, unless it's "premium" water which might not be included.

My two cents: I found it's a measurable annoyance to keep having to go to a bar or wherever to get a couple bottles of water (or a few) for me and my lady, and then carrying the big handful back to my cabin. Same with refilling. For me the inconvenience is just not worth it. From here out I'm paying a little extra for a couple of 12-packs delivered to my room.

Edited by Moonarino
  • Like 1

On 12/4/2022 at 1:01 PM, loman said:

I drink the ship water on the promenade at Cafe Promenade . 

I wouldnt shlep a case of water around. 

Last week on Explorer had to chuckle at all the folks shlepping water, Sprite, iced tea, and such. It's amazing folks can't be satisfied with what the ship offers for a week.

We carry a tiny Eddie Bauer folding bag (fits in pocket) to dinner then get any free drinks we have left as bottles of water for next day. Last week we left 26 drinks + a bottle of wine for our cabin steward.)

Edited by fredmdcruisers
Typo

45 minutes ago, fredmdcruisers said:

Last week on Explorer had to chuckle at all the folks shlepping water, Sprite, iced tea, and such. It's amazing folks can't be satisfied with what the ship offers for a week.

We carry a tiny Eddie Bauer folding bag (fits in pocket) to dinner then get any free drinks we have left as bottles of water for next day. Last week we left 26 drinks + a bottle of wine for our cabin steward.)

So, did you know that if the crew was to carry water that is sold on the ship, than it is very possible, that they could be questioned of where they got it from?  Now, the crew are not little kids and they really don't want bottles of water that you give them, since such things such as water is readily available for them in the crew areas.  Wine most likely turned over also, and/or discarded. 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Joseph2017China said:

So, did you know that if the crew was to carry water that is sold on the ship, than it is very possible, that they could be questioned of where they got it from?  Now, the crew are not little kids and they really don't want bottles of water that you give them, since such things such as water is readily available for them in the crew areas.  Wine most likely turned over also, and/or discarded. 

Not according to cabin attendants we asked. We give

them the choice of what leave. Some want Coke only, others ask for a mixture. They tell us wine/beer can be taken to the crew bar to share.

• Like 1