Are show reservations only done on board

kohanfam

I planned on making show reservations ( burn the floor and six) 125 days out with club balcony.

Was able to do the restaurant reservations 9am pt 126 days prior.  Was not able to make show reservations.

Called my cruise consultant this morning. So now my cruise consultant says they’ve changed the rules and you must make entertainment reservation on board.   Says changed since Covid. Even though write up for club balcony says early entertainment reservations.   And on line and app inicates “to early” and will open 120 days prior.   I assume no one else has been able to book entertainment.

Even in 2018 I couldn't do it online (can't remember before that). So, I don't know that it was strictly a covid-era change. But either way, you are correct, you must do it when you board to get your preferred times. You can do it on the app, or in person.

56 minutes ago, kohanfam said:

I planned on making show reservations ( burn the floor and six) 125 days out with club balcony.

Was able to do the restaurant reservations 9am pt 126 days prior.  Was not able to make show reservations.

Called my cruise consultant this morning. So now my cruise consultant says they’ve changed the rules and you must make entertainment reservation on board.   Says changed since Covid. Even though write up for club balcony says early entertainment reservations.   And on line and app inicates “to early” and will open 120 days prior.   I assume no one else has been able to book entertainment.

Yes. Only booking on board at the moment. Make it a priority as soon as you board. For our cruise this week, all of the shows were not loaded into the app and we ended up in the show reservation line. 

1 minute ago, uneamie said:

So since you have to book once on board I assume trying to book at the pier with the app before boarding won't work either?

it depends on if you mobile device can connect to the ship wifi from the terminal building. you will need to use the ship wifi to unlock all of features in the app 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shof515 said:

it depends on if you mobile device can connect to the ship wifi from the terminal building. you will need to use the ship wifi to unlock all of features in the app 

Hmm...I am betting that they will not let anyone connect to the ship's WIFI unless they are onboard and paid for access. 

4 minutes ago, uneamie said:

Hmm...I am betting that they will not let anyone connect to the ship's WIFI unless they are onboard and paid for access. 

You don't have to pay to access the app but you do have to register, doubtful you can access from the terminal.  Also free to use CC and NCL web site.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kohanfam said:

As others have said, you must book on board. Make this a priority when you embark.  Go straight to the box office.  🙂 

SIX is fabulous.  We weren't fans of Burn the Floor, but I realize that's subjective (like food).

Enjoy your cruise!