Pinnacle Grill Lunch

HALcruiser2001

7 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

People keep mentioning how yummy the burger is. The description sounds delicious but it also sounds HUGE. Is it? It’s not like I can take the rest home in a doggy bag, since I won’t have a fridge. 

There is a top shelf in our honor bar fridge with enough room for a couple of sodas and a sandwich size ziploc. (You could ask your steward to empty it giving you all the space if you want.) Burger was best I've ever had, with good fries and a little slaw. It would be foolish to order 2 appetizers. 😁 I ate the whole thing. 😋

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, robotpony said:

We always take doggy bags from the Pinnacle grill, and store them in the minibar fridge! Haven't tried the burger yet, but last trip we had a bowl of steak leftovers and lobster Mac that made a great late. night snack.

Sorry have to ask now... how do you reheat your doggy bags?

8 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

People keep mentioning how yummy the burger is. The description sounds delicious but it also sounds HUGE. Is it? It’s not like I can take the rest home in a doggy bag, since I won’t have a fridge. 

Yes you do, we all do.....in our cabin!

8 hours ago, Navybikermom said:

It’s not like I can take the rest home in a doggy bag, since I won’t have a fridge. 

If you are in a room without a balcony on Zaandam or Volendam, that doesn't have a fridge, you can rent one for very little. At least you could before COVID...

• Like 2

On the Zaandam, in “steerage”, I haven’t seen any fridges. Maybe in the higher class of cabins? That’s my next cruise, so I guess I’ll have to wait until I’m on a different ship or can afford the steep prices that Zaandam charges for the cabins with fridges. I don’t want to rent one just for the leftovers - lol. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, crystalspin said:

Maybe in the lounge? DNK, never booked so lofty!

Well...  it is my wife's 60th birthday and she has had a pretty horrible disease for five years.

Live everyday as it were your last and live in the now.  Now is not the time for her to be in a small room as we will have rollator and wheelchair.

I have NO PROBLEM spending the money and all other luxury accommodations really did not have all the services of a ship.  So... ship and suite it was! 

This is our third trip on HAL (all we have cruised on).  We did an aft suite with Neptune Lounge 20 years ago and bought my parents the inside cabin across the hall.  HAL ended up giving them neptune suite access, doubt that happens much anymore, but it did not surprise me one bit.  My dad was a real character.

73 days to go!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

I am in a neptune suite and never saw mention of a micowave

Pinnacle suites have a microwave, I didn't realize the Neptune suites did not. We haven't stayed in any of the suites, but travelling with friends we were able to tour their Pinnacle suite.

2 minutes ago, bdd123 said:

Well...  it is my wife's 60th birthday and she has had a pretty horrible disease for five years.
Live everyday as it were your last and live in the now.  Now is not the time for her to be in a small room as we will have rollator and wheelchair.
I have NO PROBLEM spending the money and all other luxury accommodations really did not have all the services of a ship.  So... ship and suite it was! 

BDD: Sorry! it may have seemed like I was shaming you for excess luxury!  I wasn't, just putting a condition on my advice.

I am so glad you can afford the Neptune for your wife especially. I can't imagine living with a medical condition that just goes on and on, although my sister has had one and then another diagnosis since she was 16.

We're in a Vista Suite for the first time (I was burning up some COVID dollars) at the end of this month, and I just moved us from an upper deck Verandah to the same Vista for 2024. So I am not Suite-adverse!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, robotpony said:

Pinnacle suites have a microwave, I didn't realize the Neptune suites did not. We haven't stayed in any of the suites, but travelling with friends we were able to tour their Pinnacle suite.

I was ready to drop the $$, I REALLY wanted a Pinnacle Suite, but they were taken on Feb 18.  ARG!!! Neptune will have to do... <sobbing>...  poor me. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, crystalspin said:

BDD: Sorry! it may have seemed like I was shaming you for excess luxury!  I wasn't, just putting a condition on my advice.

I am so glad you can afford the Neptune for your wife especially. I can't imagine living with a medical condition that just goes on and on, although my sister has had one and then another diagnosis since she was 16.

We're in a Vista Suite for the first time (I was burning up some COVID dollars) at the end of this month, and I just moved us from an upper deck Verandah to the same Vista for 2024. So I am not Suite-adverse!

No problem and no, I did not take it that way. 

We are just doing everything we can while she can still get around relatively well.  She wants something, she gets it.

Thanks for the kind words...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, WannaSea said:

There is a top shelf in our honor bar fridge with enough room for a couple of sodas and a sandwich size ziploc. (You could ask your steward to empty it giving you all the space if you want.) Burger was best I've ever had, with good fries and a little slaw. It would be foolish to order 2 appetizers. 😁 I ate the whole thing. 😋

I will give you credit if you ate the whole thing! I have tried twice but never could finish that last bit. Maybe if I only had the burger and only half the fries. Enjoyed both!! Best burger I have ever had.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, bdd123 said:

This is our third trip on HAL (all we have cruised on).  We did an aft suite with Neptune Lounge 20 years ago and bought my parents the inside cabin across the hall.  HAL ended up giving them neptune suite access, doubt that happens much anymore, but it did not surprise me one bit.  My dad was a real character.

73 days to go!

Good for both of you! I hope your cruise is an extraordinary experience. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Trapper44 said:

I will give you credit if you ate the whole thing! I have tried twice but never could finish that last bit. Maybe if I only had the burger and only half the fries. Enjoyed both!! Best burger I have ever had.

I usually eat half of it. Then remove the top bun and eat the rest with fork and knife. It is a big sandwich.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, oldbluff said:

I usually eat half of it. Then remove the top bun and eat the rest with fork and knife. It is a big sandwich.

That's exactly what my wife does!  Me, I'm a bit more of a glutton, so I finish it all.

The Pinnacle Burger is pretty much the same size as any other burger on the ship, but the difference is that it's part of that multi-course experience which really stretches the stomach.  And, as delicious as it is, I've never taken a doggy bag from any shipboard location because it's not like there's any shortage of complimentary food for the next snack or meal.

But to get back to the main point of this thread, I wholeheartedly concur that lunch at the PG (on ships where the PG is well-run) is a truly delightful experience and an absolute bargain especially for 4* and 5* mariners.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I enjoy the lemongrass soup but it is my experience that the floating chili oil, will numb your ability to taste for the duration of your meal.  The chili oil could probably relieve toothaches, sinus congestion, bad breath, arthritis, and muscle cramps, as well remove paint.

As for me, I order the soup without the chili oil.

• Haha 4