Upgrades available onboard?

SKCruiser007

On the Regal recently, they gave us a sheet at the front desk outlining the prices to purchase an onboard upgrade.  We were in an obstructed deluxe balcony, and it would have been $40/day (total, not pp) to upgrade to a mini.  IMG_6859.thumb.jpg.4c286464e163e9827b24d8363ddb93e5.jpg

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 3

58 minutes ago, pompeii said:

On the Regal recently, they gave us a sheet at the front desk outlining the prices to purchase an onboard upgrade.  We were in an obstructed deluxe balcony, and it would have been $40/day (total, not pp) to upgrade to a mini.  IMG_6859.thumb.jpg.4c286464e163e9827b24d8363ddb93e5.jpg

Nice data point thanks!

Cheers

• Like 1

On the Diamond, even at less than 50% full,  I wonder if most standard balconies were taken?  Our cruise is not full at all, but balconies are def. the most booked category.  Why wouldn't they let people pay for an upgrade?

That chart is interesting!  I would hope that they are doing something like this on our cruise!  But, I notice that the upgrade price mentioned might not be right, if the cabin they are in is an obstructed cabin, it would have been an 'outside' category.   It looks like the cost to upgrade from a regular not obstructed deluxe balcony to a mini would have been $40.

3 hours ago, PRINCESS Sweet Pea said:

That chart is interesting!  I would hope that they are doing something like this on our cruise!  But, I notice that the upgrade price mentioned might not be right, if the cabin they are in is an obstructed cabin, it would have been an 'outside' category.   It looks like the cost to upgrade from a regular not obstructed deluxe balcony to a mini would have been $40.

The Regal doesn't have "outsides" so the obstructed category is listed under interiors on the Princess site.  But if you've priced an obstructed deluxe balcony, you know that its price is much higher than an interior. Since the sheet doesn't have a row separating out obstructed cabins, I believe the $40 is correct and they just use a regular deluxe balcony as the basis.    Anyway, the front desk clerk is the one who circled the number so I take their word for it.

43 minutes ago, pompeii said:

The Regal doesn't have "outsides" so the obstructed category is listed under interiors on the Princess site.  But if you've priced an obstructed deluxe balcony, you know that its price is much higher than an interior. Since the sheet doesn't have a row separating out obstructed cabins, I believe the $40 is correct and they just use a regular deluxe balcony as the basis.    Anyway, the front desk clerk is the one who circled the number so I take their word for it.

I wonder if those prices only applied in 2021 since many voyages were less than full whereas now more ships are selling out or close to it?

14 hours ago, Steelers36 said:

I wonder if those prices only applied in 2021 since many voyages were less than full whereas now more ships are selling out or close to it?

We received this sheet on the Regal TA we returned from a week ago, so those are very current upgrade prices.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Thanks so much Pompeii !  We have an obstructed balcony booked on the Regal.  I hope they have a chart like that!   The bid to a mini was offered was $37.50 per person per day.  So, If a cabin we like is still available, because the ship is not booked up at all,  I would love to pay the tiny upgrade for a Deluxe Balcony Obstructed, that doesn't really have obstruction.   But those will probably all be taken.

On 12/6/2022 at 1:20 PM, pompeii said:

Thanks for sharing this. We board Caribbean Princess on the 18th and will be hoping for a similar offer (we’re in the UK so we can’t bid for upgrades unfortunately)

On 12/6/2022 at 5:20 AM, pompeii said:

We are currently booked on Discovery for Jan 7th out of L.A.  Based on the info above, for us to upgrade from Balcony to Mini-Suite it would cost us $280.

I had put a bid in last month to go to a Premium Deluxe Balcony and today it shows that that bid expired.  *$150

This morning I put in a bid for a Deluxe Balcony and that shows expired $100

also put in a bid for $300 for a mini-suite and it is showing pending

If they send me an email that the mini-suite is expired in the next couple of days, I will wait until we get on board and see if we can upgrade then.

Looking at the cabins available, there are lots of mini-suites available.