Military discount

LadyBerard

We booked a cruise in June 2021 for an August 2023 sailing.  Recently, NCL states that you can get a military discount.  Does anybody know if this discount can be applied to what we paid, or would we have to refare it to the current rate in order to have the discount applied?

Edited by LadyBerard
Added year we initially booked

19 minutes ago, LadyBerard said:

We booked a cruise in June 2021 for an August 2023 sailing.  Recently, NCL states that you can get a military discount.  Does anybody know if this discount can be applied to what we paid, or would we have to refare it to the current rate in order to have the discount applied?

If  you want the real answer, call NCL and ask.

They might say Yes, but the worst they can do is say No.

I can't find the T&C but I did find this:

Regardless of what they say, you need to enroll.

How to Enroll

Step 1 Log in or register for a My NCL account.

Step 2 Verify your status as a military service member, veteran, or spouse through ID.me.

Step 3 Once verified, begin searching for your dream cruise vacation on NCL.com. When you are logged in to My NCL, the prices displayed at check out will reflect your 10% discount. You won't ever need to verify again.

1 hour ago, LadyBerard said:

Hi Neighbor!  I recently booked a cruise, and was given the military discount.  When I received my confirmation it wasn't listed as a line item discount, the price per person was listed with the discount already included.  Not sure how it works with an existing reservation, but hopefully they should be able to apply it without rebooking.  

Discounts with NCL can be "funny"...I applied and received my military discount on both future cruises we've booked...Since it is not listed as a "line item" as Workingmom 200 states I have no idea from where they take the discount from...???I do know that when I requested it from my PCC the final price was different from what it was originally...I have no clue from what "fare" they do the discounts from...NCLs discounts remain a mystery to me...

1 hour ago, RocketMan275 said:

Regardless of what they say, you need to enroll.

How to Enroll

Step 1 Log in or register for a My NCL account.

Step 2 Verify your status as a military service member, veteran, or spouse through ID.me.

Step 3 Once verified, begin searching for your dream cruise vacation on NCL.com. When you are logged in to My NCL, the prices displayed at check out will reflect your 10% discount. You won't ever need to verify again.

100% correct. Once logged in NCL account, it will display that a 10% military discount will be applied at check out. Also if a shareholder, you'll get that benefit as well.

My wife is a veteran.  I am not.  Our TA had the military discount applied to a previously booked but long away cruise.  The TA said it had to be re-priced at the current prices, but when I reviewed the guest copy I saw that was not the case.  Everything was the same except price for my wife (guest # 2) was less than mine.  So, it appears the discount only applies to the veteran, and not to the entire booking.

Military Appreciation Program

We salute your dedication and honor your service. NCL is proud to extend an exclusive discount to members of the military, veterans and their spouses. Thank you for your service — get started today!

28 minutes ago, Travelicious said:

My wife is a veteran.  I am not.  Our TA had the military discount applied to a previously booked but long away cruise.  The TA said it had to be re-priced at the current prices, but when I reviewed the guest copy I saw that was not the case.  Everything was the same except price for my wife (guest # 2) was less than mine.  So, it appears the discount only applies to the veteran, and not to the entire booking.

I agree with @destarthat the discount applies to the cabin passengers 1 & 2.  We've done mock bookings both logged in and as a guest to confirm.  On your confirmation, look for code MAP10OFF.

3 hours ago, HuliHuli said:

I agree with @destarthat the discount applies to the cabin passengers 1 & 2.  We've done mock bookings both logged in and as a guest to confirm.  On your confirmation, look for code MAP10OFF.

Hmm.  My confirmation does not show that code.  It just shows that her price is reduced.  

My husband is a veteran and I am not.  We were both able to validate through ID Me and now the status is tied to both of our NCL accounts.  We had two cruises on the books, both booked through CAS - one a comp and one simply a discount - both before final payment.  I called CAS.  They were not able to apply the discount to what we paid to upgrade the comp cabin, bit he did apply the discount to the April sailing against the discounted cruise fare that we paid.  He didn’t have to rebook, just applied the discount.  It shows as “DISC50” on the invoice.  (As opposed to DISC40 for the normal promotion.)

So, two points.  First, if they tell you it can’t be applied to an existing booking, keep trying. Second, the discount applies to both the veteran and the spouse,  the ID Me system is very easy and fast.  If your spouse is already verified, it takes about three minutes to confirm your status as a military spouse.  My husband isn’t going on the trip we got the discount on, but the discount still applied because I’m verified as a military spouse and qualify in my own right.

7 hours ago, LadyBerard said:

Yes NCL knows, simply call them and ask.

52 minutes ago, Russiamomm said:

My husband is a veteran and I am not.  We were both able to validate through ID Me and now the status is tied to both of our NCL accounts.  We had two cruises on the books, both booked through CAS - one a comp and one simply a discount - both before final payment.  I called CAS.  They were not able to apply the discount to what we paid to upgrade the comp cabin, bit he did apply the discount to the April sailing against the discounted cruise fare that we paid.  He didn’t have to rebook, just applied the discount.  It shows as “DISC50” on the invoice.  (As opposed to DISC40 for the normal promotion.)

So, two points.  First, if they tell you it can’t be applied to an existing booking, keep trying. Second, the discount applies to both the veteran and the spouse,  the ID Me system is very easy and fast.  If your spouse is already verified, it takes about three minutes to confirm your status as a military spouse.  My husband isn’t going on the trip we got the discount on, but the discount still applied because I’m verified as a military spouse and qualify in my own right.

Was CAS able to give you the military discount for the Admin Fee portion of your comped cruise?  

(The $20 per person/per day)