Room Upgrades Day of Embarkation

New2cruise2022

58 minutes ago, SomewhereGirl said:

Doesn't hurt to ask at Guest Services (even if there's the ever present sign) if you are willing to pay.  I asked and paid on my last NCL sailing Sept 2021.

I’ve heard a couple of cases during Covid and lower capacity cruises, was the sign still up stating there were no available cabins?

One of the nieces sailing NCL - Alaska out of Seattle, with her friend mid summer and was able to upgrade on the spot, asked at Guest Services on embarkation day, and paid a fairly low amount for a paid upgrade to a nice Balcony on Deck 15 & issued new Guest Key Cards.  They asked & were shown the exact cabin before agreeing to it ... and steward even came around to help them quickly re-pack & move their luggage.  Ship wasn't at full capacity - typically, pre-Covid, not possible & SOP is for them to post a sign at Guest Services that they are full, sold out and no upgrades available.  

Didn't see that sign when we last cruise in mid-September and from most recent reports, averaging 80% occupancies when the ship sailed (upcoming holidays might be the exceptions) ... 

But, Haven ... typically full nowadays, sold out from upgrades & bids, elbows to elbows.   OP, if you are interested, check and ask onboard - no free upgrades, however.  Happy cruising & stay healthy !