Parking help in Galveston

mlanders

On Allure of the Seas Feb 19th have used other off site parking services closer to other ports and walked. New RCI port is further away. Is it best to pay the extra cost and part in the lots by the pier? Latest review was talking about only one parking shuttle in the drop off area at a time and took a long time to get back to port. The cost of the lots by the ship is significantly higher than other off site lots. Has anyone stayed at hotels in Galveston and left car at the hotel and used Uber to get to ship? What was the approximate cost of the uber

Yes, we drive in the day before and stay at hotels that have included cruise parking. Some have shuttle service while others don't. A cost is difficult to estimate not knowing the distance from the lodging to the port. Once you have that info, both Uber and Lyft has estimators for cost.

Another thumbs up for Falstaff Parking.  We have used them for several years and are very happy with the service.  In addition to being covered, it is in a huge enclosed parking garage that is elevated about 5 feet above street level.  They also have 24x7 security on site.  Drivers are always friendly and helpful.  Very satisfied.

• Like 3

On 12/10/2022 at 10:25 AM, ssb said:

Falstaff and Discount are next door to one another on 33rd street. 

Both are reasonably priced. 

Both provide shuttles .

Just booked Discount for our May cruise.  $77 for 6-night cruise.  We usually park at EZ-Cruise but they didn't have the Voyager of the Seas listed for May 9.  They had it for May15.  I sent an email asking why and never got an answer.

• Like 1

We cruised Royal over Thanksgiving. I highly recommend parking at the cruise terminal. Nothing like parking your car and walking to the cruise terminal to check in. We will always park at Royals new terminal going forward. It is so convenient now to park at the terminal. A no Brainer for us. 

20221124_105401.jpg

20221124_105419.jpg

20221124_105813.jpg

20221124_105954.jpg

20221124_110019.jpg

• Thanks 1

Falstaff's website references a gated parking lot in their options, which is a few dollars less than the enclosed garage parking.  Where is that in relation to their garage parking?  Couldn't see anything that looks like a gated parking lot looking at a map of their location. I e-mailed them to ask about the gated parking, but I have not received a response. Also, anyone have a promo code for them? Thanks in advance.

On 12/20/2022 at 9:39 PM, cynt said:

We cruised Royal over Thanksgiving. I highly recommend parking at the cruise terminal. Nothing like parking your car and walking to the cruise terminal to check in. We will always park at Royals new terminal going forward. It is so convenient now to park at the terminal. A no Brainer for us. 

20221124_105401.jpg

20221124_105419.jpg

20221124_105813.jpg

20221124_105954.jpg

20221124_110019.jpg

Is it a ramp garage or just a large lot?  Plenty of parking?  We are thinking about booking our first cruise out of Galveston next summer and are interested in parking at pier.  When we lived in FL, we would drive and park at pier a lot, but now that we are in Austin, thinking about trying a cruise from TX.  😉

On 12/24/2022 at 10:54 AM, RSLeesburg said:

Is it a ramp garage or just a large lot?  Plenty of parking?  We are thinking about booking our first cruise out of Galveston next summer and are interested in parking at pier.  When we lived in FL, we would drive and park at pier a lot, but now that we are in Austin, thinking about trying a cruise from TX.  😉

It's a very large lot (covered and north). South is across the street. It looks like plenty of parking considering all three lots - covered,  North and South lots. 

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 9:36 AM, margeecruiser said:

We are also on your cruise.  We are using Falstaff Parking.  It is cheaper than the parking at the pier, has shuttle service and is covered parking .  We have used them before and were very happy.  

Used Falstaff for our FEB cruise and were very pleased.  Their website mentions a promo code but can't find one - anyone know where it is?  Didn't see anythign on their FB page.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 12/31/2022 at 10:33 AM, TxShipShape said:

For a birds eye view of RCCL Terminal parking lots try:

North SkyCam Webcam in Galveston, TX | Visit Galveston

Oh my goodness, I use Galveston web cams every Sunday to take a look at MY ship.  Never used the awesome SkyCam before.  Thanks for your post! I am so glad that I dug through older threads for information.

Edited by luv2sailAgain
  • Like 2