Cyber Sale in Cruise Planner: Booked Behind the Scenes Tour for 35% Off

thebutlerdidit

26 minutes ago, LIMPIT said:

You have to call…….crazy but no options on web site to upgrade 

31 minutes ago, landlocked12 said:

This came up on another thread. The answers were to call the number for the Captains Club or wait until you get on the ship.  Buy it from a bartender you like.  They seem to get some benefit from selling upgrades. 

Thanks. I was hoping that since they put the option to upgrade to premium wifi online that the option for drinks might pop up. There’s always hope 

In theory I am doing a B2B in May on the Beyond (12 days, 9 days). I had not yet purchased any internet plan (so pricey!). Think this promo lets me book the discounted basic internet plan AND purchase that $9.99 premium upgrade at the same time? Does Celebrity charge me immediately, or does it get added to my reservation as something I have to pay for by final payment date? Also, what would happen if I canceled one of my sailings?  Not even sure who I’d call with these questions, but people on here seem to know all. Thanks!

1 hour ago, davidtx said:

Can you please share it?

Sorry, the link I found was to get into my Cruise Planner since it wasn't working before.  That's what my post was about.  I just had the sale in my planner, didn't have to do anything special.  Though the excursion "sales" are still more expensive than I paid for them.

I have the 2 device Basic internet plan (I don't have AI), so when I upgrade to Premium does it do both devices?  I went ahead and got the $9.99 "package" and printed the screen.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, def0715 said:

In theory I am doing a B2B in May on the Beyond (12 days, 9 days). I had not yet purchased any internet plan (so pricey!). Think this promo lets me book the discounted basic internet plan AND purchase that $9.99 premium upgrade at the same time? Does Celebrity charge me immediately, or does it get added to my reservation as something I have to pay for by final payment date? Also, what would happen if I canceled one of my sailings?  Not even sure who I’d call with these questions, but people on here seem to know all. Thanks!

In theory, yes. You pay immediately (but can use OBC if it is loaded early to your account...if this is the case you'll see the amount when you manage the booking).

Cancellation is refundable to original form of payment.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jenf22 said:

Sorry, the link I found was to get into my Cruise Planner since it wasn't working before.  That's what my post was about.  I just had the sale in my planner, didn't have to do anything special.  Though the excursion "sales" are still more expensive than I paid for them.

I have the 2 device Basic internet plan (I don't have AI), so when I upgrade to Premium does it do both devices?  I went ahead and got the $9.99 "package" and printed the screen.

I assume there will be the normal barrage of complaints after this. Click the package. It's $9.99 per day per person. 

IMG_0307 2.jpg

Edited by Jeremiah1212

5 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

I assume there will be the normal barrage of complaints after this. Click the package. It's $9.99 per day per person. 

IMG_0307 2.jpg

Complaints from who? We all saw this, but we are only being charged $9,99 total and it says (on the receipt) good for X days where X=number of days sailing.

We all believe it to be a mistake - either in the wording below (pppd) since the text above says *package*, or a problem above where it says *package* and it should say per day.

Regardless, we all took screenshots of our receipts.

29 minutes ago, Jeremiah1212 said:

IMG_0307 2.jpg

No complaints, just a debate.  Yes we all saw that--it is hard to miss.  However as was pointed out by the previous poster, when you select the package and then checkout, you are only charged $9.99.  So either the upgrade package is mis-priced in the cart or you are buying the upgrade for one day.  I think the former is more likely.

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

No complaints, just a debate.  Yes we all saw that--it is hard to miss.  However as was pointed out by the previous poster, when you select the package and then checkout, you are only charged $9.99.  So either the upgrade package is mis-priced in the cart or you are buying the upgrade for one day.  I think the former is more likely.

We may find out soon as the cruise planner is down...perhaps they are "fixing" something 🙂

Where on the receipt does it show number of days for upgrade? I know I saw it before I clicked to buy it, but the invoice I received from Celebrity simply shows basic wi-fi and an upgrade voucher. Apologies for so many questions. I’m pretty new to Celebrity. Thank you.

Edited by def0715

20 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

We may find out soon as the cruise planner is down...perhaps they are "fixing" something 🙂

Yep, as I mentioned in my previous post...I'm glad I called in to make the change to a excursion. I want to change a couple others but I can't now. Hope the 'sale' is still in force when it returns...lol.

We all know how reliable IT can be for this sort of thing...

ETA: Oh, and the planner (as far as excursions go...) is still not available...

Edited by dlh015

58 minutes ago, def0715 said:

Where on the receipt does it show number of days for upgrade? I know I saw it before I clicked to buy it, but the invoice I received from Celebrity simply shows basic wi-fi and an upgrade voucher. Apologies for so many questions. I’m pretty new to Celebrity. Thank you.

Once the planner is back up, you need to go and click on orders, then click on what you bought. That is where it will say that.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

Y'all wifi upgrade vultures locked down my cruise planner 😤

Can't a guy just browse some discounted excursions.

LOL, you and me both...checking like every 1/2 hour or so...😡

9 hours ago, ehall said:

I've seen this discount happen on this tour when I have had it booked too.  Rather than cancel and re-book - just call then or go in to the chat.  They can discount it for you, and then you don't risk it being sold out when you try to re-book.

Are they actually updating the price you paid and refunding the difference back to your credit card? Or just canceling and rebooking for you (which is what Royal does)?

5 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Are they actually updating the price you paid and refunding the difference back to your credit card? Or just canceling and rebooking for you (which is what Royal does)?

I called to have this done today on an excursion that was sold out. They canceled and rebooked.

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

I called to have this done today on an excursion that was sold out. They canceled and rebooked.

Did it show sold out on the cruise planner or just reserved? Trying to understand how Celebrity shows sold out excursions when you are already booked for that excursion.

9 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

Did it show sold out on the cruise planner or just reserved? Trying to understand how Celebrity shows sold out excursions when you are already booked for that excursion.

Sold out. And we have friends who tried to book a week ago and couldn't because it was sold out.

image.thumb.png.27c1178437959a54860323973b3c957e.png

21 minutes ago, Ronaldo807 said:

When you have it reserved, the Sold Out banner is overlaid with the Reserved banner on the port's Excursions page. When you click on details for your reserved excursion, it will show Sold Out.

32 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

When you have it reserved, the Sold Out banner is overlaid with the Reserved banner on the port's Excursions page. When you click on details for your reserved excursion, it will show Sold Out.

No, I have reserved in a different spot. Also, like I said, friends tried to book it last week but couldn't.

image.thumb.png.cd922ab27a28312b36907368dc5f0197.png

So that is the excursion...shows reserved in upper left and sold out on the right.

Here is another excursion I have reserved, but *not* sold out. As you can see, instead of "sold out" it has "reserve" on the right...

image.thumb.png.1f56e6e517b981d6337df70e7a87d15f.png