Cyber Sale in Cruise Planner: Booked Behind the Scenes Tour for 35% Off

thebutlerdidit

Of the 8 excursions I cancelled/rebooked, all but 1 has gone back to the original price.

I also booked 2 that I was on the fence about...they are also back to their original price...

Whew...just made it...couldn't get in all last night, got in at 7:15 am today!

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Of the 8 excursions I cancelled/rebooked, all but 1 has gone back to the original price.

I also booked 2 that I was on the fence about...they are also back to their original price...

Congrats! I did the same, was tapping the keyboard hard last night. It was like a rush once I saw it all go through. I am sure my Am Ex Card will wonder WTH I am doing?  🤪

Patty

• Haha 1

Thanks to the OP for the heads up! Earlier today I re-booked 3 shore excursions and saved $80.

Just received an email from Celebrity a few minutes ago advertising this sale for my upcoming cruise.

15 minutes ago, bebe08 said:

Just received an email from Celebrity a few minutes ago advertising this sale for my upcoming cruise.

Yes, I also got my not-so-timely email from Celebrity announcing the Cyber Savings Boost less than an hour ago!

1 hour ago, dlh015 said:

That is strange, the sale is supposed to be on until the 16th.  Checked a couple of ours and they are still at the lower price. 

4 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

That is strange, the sale is supposed to be on until the 16th.  Checked a couple of ours and they are still at the lower price. 

I know...I find it strange also...who knows what the story is...I wouldn't be too surprised to see them go back to the sale price...lol...

Biggest changed one one was the Behind-The-Scenes tour...was 124, then 89, now 124 again...🤪

Just checked again...my results are still the same...most have returned to the old charges.

And I now notice (but it was probably there earlier), the red lettering on some excursions is 'pre-cruise savings'  and others is 'cyber savings boost'...

10 minutes ago, dlh015 said:

Just checked again...my results are still the same...most have returned to the old charges.

And I now notice (but it was probably there earlier), the red lettering on some excursions is 'pre-cruise savings'  and others is 'cyber savings boost'...

Interestingly enough the wifi deal still seems to be active...

1 hour ago, alyssamma said:

Interestingly enough the wifi deal still seems to be active...

Perhaps it has come to their attention that folks haven't been thrilled with the wifi on board and are not happy with the price they pay? Even with the advent of StarLink? (which hasn't reached it's potential as yet...)

Just speculation of course...who can guess what the marketing folks are thinking 😆

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jean87510 said:

thx everyone.  Was able to get that internet voucher.  I cancelled my premium upgrade from basic and then purchased this voucher. 

Edited to add, I used my tablet instead of my phone this am.  Can't get into cruise planner on my phone.  😁

I used my kindle to gain access to my booking.   Try that or a tablet 

I was able to get the premium wifi upgrade last night for the $9.99 per package. I sail in January, so we'll see how that goes...

I looked at the shore excursions and compared to what I paid for them in August/September. One was listed at a regular price of $232, on sale for $197. I had paid $168. Only one of the three shore excursions I booked was a lower price than what I paid - $9 less. So, don't assume the listed discount will save you money. 

4 minutes ago, boulders said:

I was able to get the premium wifi upgrade last night for the $9.99 per package. I sail in January, so we'll see how that goes...

I looked at the shore excursions and compared to what I paid for them in August/September. One was listed at a regular price of $232, on sale for $197. I had paid $168. Only one of the three shore excursions I booked was a lower price than what I paid - $9 less. So, don't assume the listed discount will save you money. 

In my cruise planner for my cruises, I only had the 35% off of the already reduced prices for about 24 hours then I started noticing the prices all jumping up. I think many of us got super lucky with timing but it took some serious manipulating of Celebrities site to make it happen. 

I have 5 cruises booked and was able to cancel and rebook many tours for some serious savings.

Ex I was able to grab White Pass Rail and Laughton Glacier hike for $221 per person, today it is sale priced at $288 per person from $339 

I suspect the sale wasn't ever intended to be discounted off of the already sale prices for excursions. 

Patty 

• Like 2

Can someone please explain the Premium WiFi upgrade Voucher offer until December 16th? One place says $9.99 per package. The overview says $9.99 per person/per day. What the real deal here? Is it worth it? Can just one person in a room get it or do all people in the room have to get it?

12 minutes ago, ShiptoShore56 said:

Can someone please explain the Premium WiFi upgrade Voucher offer until December 16th? One place says $9.99 per package. The overview says $9.99 per person/per day. What the real deal here? Is it worth it? Can just one person in a room get it or do all people in the room have to get it?

Well your first set of questions is the great debate that has unfolded on this thread and a couple others.

Some of us are hoping that we are beneficiaries of a very favorable mispricing where the $9.99 is the upgrade for the entire sailing. While others feel that there is no mispricing and that all we purchased was an upgrade for one day.

However we all agree that Celebrity intended to sell the upgrade to Premium WiFi at the discounted rate of $9.99/day. We are debating on whether Celebrity screwed it up or not. 

As far as your last question goes, the upgrade does NOT have to be purchased by all occupants in the cabin. One person can buy the upgrade while the rest of the cabin's occupants can choose not to. 

Edited by mahdnc
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, jagoffee said:

A lot of people are  ignoring the clear from $9.99 part of the pricing.  It does not say $9.99.

See @mahdnc response. Who do you think is ignoring it?

it also clearly states 9.99 for the duration of the sailing...and that's the point. Either that statement is wrong, or the per day statement below it is wrong. But X sold this to a lot of people and it clearly states that what they bought is for the DURATION of the cruise. Whatever the price SHOULD have been is irrelevant at this point. The product purchased is for all 7/9/14/whatever number of days you are sailing according to the receipt.

Now, whether or not they will HONOR that is a different story. And I haven't seen anyone post that they're going to complain and never sail X again if that is the case. I think we will all just take a refund and move on.

2 hours ago, jagoffee said:

A lot of people are  ignoring the clear from $9.99 part of the pricing.  It does not say $9.99.

So I didn't want to be the first to call in case it was an IT mistake, but now that someone else has, I went ahead.

The rep assured me my internet had been upgraded to premium and there was nothing I needed to do once onboard (eg, go to the iLounge). She saw the voilucher and said it automatically did the upgrade.

I booked through a TA so I couldn't get a copy of my invoice from her, but she said my invoice will also reflect this. I will contact my TA and get an updated invoice.

If someone else can call and get the same answer it would make me feel better.

I just received this in my email for next year's Solstice Christmas/NYE cruise:

image.thumb.png.718404ec4899f5cc2439856124019d04.png

However, when I click on the links it takes me to my Cruise Planner for that sailing but there are no dining packages offered (screenshot below).  Also the last sentence in the above photo makes me laugh since you cannot select reservation times until you actually get on board. 

I purchased this exact same trio package for our last cruise before the pandemic--it was also on Solstice during Christmas/NYE 2019.  The price back then was $99.

image.png.7b84245c0305a8035cdeaad6de3adef4.png

Edited by mahdnc

8 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I just received this in my email for next year's Solstice Christmas/NYE cruise:

image.thumb.png.718404ec4899f5cc2439856124019d04.png

However, when I click on the links it takes me to my Cruise Planner for that sailing but there are no dining packages offered (screenshot below).  Also the last sentence in the above photo makes me laugh since you cannot select reservation times until you actually get on board. 

I purchased this exact same trio package for our last cruise before the pandemic--it was also on Solstice during Christmas/NYE 2019.  The price back then was $99.

image.png.7b84245c0305a8035cdeaad6de3adef4.png

Strangely enough, this showed up a few days ago in my cruise planner for a Jan cruise on the Equinox. I hadn't seen it before...and I received no email....

Can't check now because I get the 'We can't complete your request right now..." message...

Celebrity clarified that the $9.99 WiFi upgrade is "per device per day" not "per package." Good luck to all those purchasing it before the wording change, will be interesting to see if Celebrity honors the original  ambiguous description. I decided not to try taking advantage of the deal  because I don't care enough about WiFi access to bother.

10 minutes ago, JUST TRIPPIN' said:

Can you book these excursions online and use your obc or do you have to call Celebrity?

This sale is encouraging you to book online and you can use any OBC that is shown as being credited to your account.

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, dreamer321 said:

Celebrity clarified that the $9.99 WiFi upgrade is "per device per day" not "per package." Good luck to all those purchasing it before the wording change, will be interesting to see if Celebrity honors the original  ambiguous description. I decided not to try taking advantage of the deal  because I don't care enough about WiFi access to bother.

Yes, you are right--Celebrity has now fixed the problem.  When you select the package, the total in the cart is $9.99 multiplied by the number of sailing nights for each person.  Here it is for my 12 night sailing:

image.png.f4e3f9f33e63a575aaaa81cfbb953250.png

This change does seem to confirm that the wifi upgrade packages were mis-priced in the cart last week.

• Like 3