Inside Stateroom vs. Prime Inside Stateroom

horseymike

Prime indicates a better location--for M and S class it usually means a higher deck.  I do not believe there are Prime Inside cabin categories on E class.

image.png.300efd123a78a2bbf026e762a9c0de4e.png

Edited by mahdnc

5 hours ago, mahdnc said:

Prime indicates a better location--for M and S class it usually means a higher deck.  I do not believe there are Prime Inside cabin categories on E class.

image.png.300efd123a78a2bbf026e762a9c0de4e.png

I don't believe so either. I booked an inside deluxe stateroom on the Apex TA for April 2023 and all categories the same price regardless of which deck you are on.  

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
On 12/8/2022 at 6:20 PM, horseymike said:

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what the difference is between an inside stateroom and a prime inside stateroom 

on Celebrity ?

I just booked prime inside on Celebrity Silhouette Deck 10. I really hope it is not only the location but also expect it to be slightly bigger. But anyway Celebrity's inside cabin are really spacious I think. Really looking forward to the cruise. As per the cabin review videos the bathrooms looks nice size as well.

Would be good to hear some recent experience though. 🙂 

34 minutes ago, Mona-Lisa said:

I just booked prime inside on Celebrity Silhouette Deck 10. I really hope it is not only the location but also expect it to be slightly bigger. But anyway Celebrity's inside cabin are really spacious I think. Really looking forward to the cruise. As per the cabin review videos the bathrooms looks nice size as well.

Would be good to hear some recent experience though. 🙂 

I don't think Prime is going to be bigger although I agree that it should be spacious in its own right. Celebrity's own explanation of that category doesn't say that (although it does for Edge class Deluxe Inside cabins). Did you see something that leads you to believe otherwise?

image.png.300efd123a78a2bbf026e762a9c0de

Edited by mahdnc

4 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

Deluxe Interior on Apex was a fair bit larger than other interior and a lovely room.

I've booked a deluxe inside on Apex next month. What colour is the decor as I understand it changes with the ships. 

1 hour ago, mahdnc said:

I don't think Prime is going to be bigger although I agree that it should be spacious in its own right. Celebrity's own explanation of that category doesn't say that (although it does for Edge class Deluxe Inside cabins). Did you see something that leads you to believe otherwise?

Maybe it is just the layout, as the bed being set perpendicular and there is still space to walk past to it. On Summit the inside cabin had a different layout, it was more narrow I think, but that is a different class I know.. we will see.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mona-Lisa said:

Maybe it is just the layout, as the bed being set perpendicular and there is still space to walk past to it. On Summit the inside cabin had a different layout, it was more narrow I think, but that is a different class I know.. we will see.

It seemed bigger as the area past the bed was nice as was the small chaise/sofa on that side of the cabin.  There was a desk area as well as bureau with drawers there.  It is a narrow walk past the end of the bed but was not an issue for us.  We are so looking forward to our first trip to Budapest in May this year.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, SbbquilterUT said:

It seemed bigger as the area past the bed was nice as was the small chaise/sofa on that side of the cabin.  There was a desk area as well as bureau with drawers there.  It is a narrow walk past the end of the bed but was not an issue for us.  We are so looking forward to our first trip to Budapest in May this year.

The obvious question is discussing a cabin and looking forward to Budapest.  While Pest is an absolutely wonderful city, what is the connection to Celebrity?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Arizona Wildcat said:

The obvious question is discussing a cabin and looking forward to Budapest.  While Pest is an absolutely wonderful city, what is the connection to Celebrity?

Sorry to be off topic - I noted the home city of the person I was answering, that was all.  

We were on the Silhouette earlier this month in an inside room on Deck 10. It was larger than insides on other cruise lines. The bed was comfortable. We only had a chair not a sofa.  The bathroom was a good size. We felt the storage was lacking. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, sunandsnow said:

We were on the Silhouette earlier this month in an inside room on Deck 10. It was larger than insides on other cruise lines. The bed was comfortable. We only had a chair not a sofa.  The bathroom was a good size. We felt the storage was lacking. 

Try the E class insides. The regular is 181 Sq feet and deluxe is 202 large king bed with good size sofa  and plenty of storage. I've booked twice at the same price as the smaller inside.

• Like 1

How do you work out which inside rooms have sofas and not chairs? We usually travel with Disney where every room on every ship seems to have a review but on Celebrity it's hard to find a listing of rooms with sofas. This is for Silhouette and Millennium if anyone knows of such a list. 

• Like 1

On 4/4/2023 at 11:28 AM, Obobru said:

How do you work out which inside rooms have sofas and not chairs? We usually travel with Disney where every room on every ship seems to have a review but on Celebrity it's hard to find a listing of rooms with sofas. This is for Silhouette and Millennium if anyone knows of such a list. 

I like the question. I was trying to find it out by myself as well.

Please note this is just my theory. Not speaking from experience.

I think in this ship class the front inside cabins are more narrow, but a bit longer, therefore there is space for the sofa. Less space to pass by the bed.

Aft inside cabins are wider, so there is only a chair to sit at the corner, no sofa. But little bit more space to walk around the bed.

Any comments are welcome!

• Like 1

Did anyone happen to have been in cabin 1032 on the Silhouette?  Can’t decide if it’s worth it to spend the money to move to a higher category if we mostly just sleep, shower and catch the news while we have our morning coffee.  It will be quite a difference from our most awesome aft room 1676!!