Jubilee: Delivery Delayed, Sailings Cancelled

talkorpi

https://cruiseindustrynews.com/cruise-news/2022/12/new-carnival-jubilee-delivery-delayed/

Well this stinks.

Delivery delayed to Dec. 2023.  First six cruises cancelled (TA + first 5 Western Caribbean), will now sail directly from Germany to Galveston w/o PAX, maiden voyage will be a regular 7-day Caribbean from Galveston departing Dec. 23.

Edited by talkorpi

Just now, bar1068 said:

Does indeed, just received the cancellation notice from Carnival..big disappointment.

Same thing happened to us with the Mardi Gras. Did they offer you any FCC? They gave us 25%. 😎

• Like 2

Just now, Jamman54 said:

Same thing happened to us with the Mardi Gras. Did they offer you any FCC? They gave us 25%. 😎

Yes, they offered that as well as something like $100 per person OBC. Also sounds like Carnival won't be rescheduling the TA, which is of course very disappointing.

2 minutes ago, sid_9169 said:

What?!!!... I'm booked on the second cruise out of Galveston... Well, according to this, I'm not booked at all anymore. Total "you know what"...

According to the article, they sent out notices this morning.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news 😞

• Like 1

We were booked on the inaugural... Had my PVP on the phone within moments of the dates being announced, specifically to be on that sailing. I get that things happen and stuff gets delayed, but the ship is sold out for months -- and now we can't get on the inaugural, which is apparently going to be December 23rd. That is so wrong... They should be bumping people in order of who booked last, to reschedule people who booked to be on that first sailing. 🙁

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

48 minutes ago, crazy4themouse said:

We were booked on the inaugural... Had my PVP on the phone within moments of the dates being announced, specifically to be on that sailing. I get that things happen and stuff gets delayed, but the ship is sold out for months -- and now we can't get on the inaugural, which is apparently going to be December 23rd. That is so wrong... They should be bumping people in order of who booked last, to reschedule people who booked to be on that first sailing. 🙁

There are always cancellations, just keep watching and you will probably get a cabin. Especially when people see its the first sailing now and wont want to sail when they will still be fixing some items and have a few issues as they always do on initial sailings. 

1 hour ago, crazy4themouse said:

I feel your pain,  but there is no way that they would do what you suggest. Booking inaugural sailings is always risky as delays are fairly common. Enjoy your FCC and OBC and rebook a later date. 😎

• Like 6

1 hour ago, sid_9169 said:

What?!!!... I'm booked on the second cruise out of Galveston... Well, according to this, I'm not booked at all anymore. Total "you know what"...

Yea, that does stink but "ship" happens. Take the FCC and OBC and rebook! 😎

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Presumably the 25% fcc is only on the monies already paid ie 25% of the deposit, or is it 25% of the whole cruise fare, minus port fees and tax?

Should be of the entire cruise fare. That's usually how these things work.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

Presumably the 25% fcc is only on the monies already paid ie 25% of the deposit, or is it 25% of the whole cruise fare, minus port fees and tax?

Lol- that's what I've been thinking. They "generously" offered 25% FCC on the "paid" fare and since it's so far out nearly everyone has just paid the deposit. That means a great FCC of $75-100 dollars, lol. And the 100 per person OBC I already had with the Jubilee booking so you know, it is what it is. Supply problems were the case back when they opened up bookings for this ship. They most likely knew then that it would never make those dates but sold the rooms anyway for the temporary infusion of cash. Now try getting the ship, not to mention some of the rooms anywhere close to the original booking. 

11 minutes ago, Tracyjj0 said:

When this happened to us with the Mardi Gras,  it was 25% of the base cruise fare,  not 25% of what you had already paid. 😎

• Like 5

For anyone with past experience in a similar rebooking offer of the 25% FCC, I am assuming the stateroom passenger total has to match to receive that?  Does anyone have any experience from the Mardi Gras delay of rebooking from say 3 passengers to 2, do they prorate the FCC amount perhaps, or force your to rebook the same amount?  Thanks in advance!