WC Blogs

ToxM

if any-one is interested Im joining the Queen Victoria on 7 February and will be blogging from 

http://butarewethereyet.blogspot.com

There are a number of cruises over the years behind the 2023 trip if you scroll back to the ill fated 2020 South American cruise and back to cruises in  2017

my full 2016 world cruise is at 

http://exitviathegiftshop.blogspot.com

althougha. few years ago, Ive been told it is quite helpful for people wanting to read about a full world cruise experience.

thanks Roscoe

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are on Day 29 of the MSC Poesia World Cruise (currently sailing from San Diego to San Francisco).

We are not doing a traditional blog, but are posting a YouTube Short each day (we are running about 3 days behind IRT).  Here is our playlist of what we have posted so far starting with our Pre-Cruise in Barcelona and we add to it each day (internet willing).

PS.  I apologize if posting this violates the rules on Cruise Critic.  I've seen other links posted and could not find clear guidance.  

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/4/2023 at 10:54 AM, JanR said:

My wife and I are on Day 29 of the MSC Poesia World Cruise (currently sailing from San Diego to San Francisco).

We are not doing a traditional blog, but are posting a YouTube Short each day (we are running about 3 days behind IRT).  Here is our playlist of what we have posted so far starting with our Pre-Cruise in Barcelona and we add to it each day (internet willing).

PS.  I apologize if posting this violates the rules on Cruise Critic.  I've seen other links posted and could not find clear guidance.  

Jan, I just binge watched your videos up through Valentines Day. What fun! and what terrific attitudes you two have. So what if things aren't perfection? What is? Itinerary changes? Who cares? You just travel on with grace and good humor. I with the DH and I were on the Poesia with you! 

Just FYI, YouTube says a couple of your uploaded videos aren't yet available. I get that you have wifi issues, but just thought you might want to know there doesn't seem to be access to any more days after 2/14. 

Thanks for sharing!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

Jan, I just binge watched your videos up through Valentines Day. What fun! and what terrific attitudes you two have. So what if things aren't perfection? What is? Itinerary changes? Who cares? You just travel on with grace and good humor. I with the DH and I were on the Poesia with you! 

Just FYI, YouTube says a couple of your uploaded videos aren't yet available. I get that you have wifi issues, but just thought you might want to know there doesn't seem to be access to any more days after 2/14. 

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for the exceptionally kind words.  We think that for something like a world cruise, you really have to keep a good attitude.  No, not everything is perfect--it never is.  But I have the attitude that there are "First World Problems" and then there are "World Cruise Problems."  We are traveling around the world, what do we really have to complain about?

I didn't realize that YouTube was showing that there are unreleased videos.  But, yes that is correct.  When we first started in Barcelona, we would shoot video during the day and then in the evening, I would edit the Short--that way it was released the same day (nearly) we were experiencing it.   THAT became unmanageable as we got onto the ship.  So, now we still shoot each day, but I will edit (usually on sea days) several days' worth of videos and pre-upload them to YouTube.  I think we are running about 3 days between IRL (in real life) and YL (YouTube Life).  For example, our video on the day after Valentines--February 16--just released (a bit of a hint of where we were).

Anyway, thanks for the kind words.  We are doing the best we can to 1) capture all of these experiences so that we can relive them ourselves when we are too old to travel and 2) bring you all along with us.

Jan

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's a live review yet.  For now it's information sharing and research.  Once we sail on December 18th 2023 for the cruises in question (if the travel gods and goddesses smile) it will go live.

1 minute ago, mysty said:

It's a live review yet.  For now it's information sharing and research.  Once we sail on December 18th 2023 for the cruises in question (if the travel gods and goddesses smile) it will go live.

CC considers it Live now😉

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

My DH and I have pulled the trigger and booked the 2025 Maiden World Voyage of Cunard's Queen Anne. If anyone's interested in following our plans, preparation and ultimately the cruise itself, let me invite you to hop over to RoundTheWorldWriter  and sign up to receive new posts by email. I'll be dropping a new topic once a week until we sail and as often as the wifi on the Queen Anne will allow thereafter!   

We feel so blessed, excited and impatient (embarkation is almost 600 days away after all!) about this new adventure. It's a full circumnavigation and we're so ready to have Phileas Fogg-style journey! (Minus the inconveniences he suffered, of course. We are traveling via Cunard, after all!)

Anyway, just FYI in case you want to get in on the ground floor of preparation for leaving land life for 105 days. Thanks!The DH and me with Caspar on the Viking Star

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/9/2023 at 8:13 AM, Aquadesiac said:

My DH and I have pulled the trigger and booked the 2025 Maiden World Voyage of Cunard's Queen Anne. If anyone's interested in following our plans, preparation and ultimately the cruise itself, let me invite you to hop over to RoundTheWorldWriter  and sign up to receive new posts by email. I'll be dropping a new topic once a week until we sail and as often as the wifi on the Queen Anne will allow thereafter!   

We feel so blessed, excited and impatient (embarkation is almost 600 days away after all!) about this new adventure. It's a full circumnavigation and we're so ready to have Phileas Fogg-style journey! (Minus the inconveniences he suffered, of course. We are traveling via Cunard, after all!)

Anyway, just FYI in case you want to get in on the ground floor of preparation for leaving land life for 105 days. Thanks!The DH and me with Caspar on the Viking Star

great ! Followed....will see you on board at some stage.....regardas Roscoe

Thanks, Roscoe! You have a very engaging style of writing and I've avidly followed your blogs as well. I especially enjoyed hearing about your shoe shopping exploits in SF before you joined the QV! Hope to meet you on one of the Queens sometime!

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Aquadesiac said:

Thanks, Roscoe! You have a very engaging style of writing and I've avidly followed your blogs as well. I especially enjoyed hearing about your shoe shopping exploits in SF before you joined the QV! Hope to meet you on one of the Queens sometime!

Hi, I'm new here and so far I'm looking at blogs too. I like it more and more every day. Thank you!!!

13 hours ago, MichaelPowell said:

Hi, I'm new here and so far I'm looking at blogs too. I like it more and more every day. Thank you!!!

Hi Michael, like Aquadesiac if you take the plunge for a world cruise it will be the experience of a life time

but I warn you its addictive. 

On 6/25/2023 at 6:03 AM, Aquadesiac said:

ahhhhh.....shoes.....aaahhhh sigh...my one big weakness..... 

On 6/26/2023 at 12:45 AM, roscoe39 said:

ahhhhh.....shoes.....aaahhhh sigh...my one big weakness..... 

Roscoe - you certainly are the original SEX IN THE CITY / SEX at SEA Carrie / Roscoe - 

Shoes & all the rest of it!!!!

Just stay away from the Pelaton Bikes....

• 5 months later...
On 12/18/2023 at 9:59 PM, Penspack said:

I have started a blog for our 2023-24 World Cruise on the Viking Sky which embarks on Dec 20, 2023 from Ft Lauderdale and is scheduled to disembark May 6, 2024 in London. You can find the blog at:

https://drsla-wc.blogspot.com/

I will be reading along, but won’t be able to comment since I have problems doing that in Blogger on my iPad for whatever reason that I have not been able to resolve.  As we are also traveling at the moment, it’s the only device I have with me.  Just wanted to say thanks and let you know that there will be at least one person reading along.  Having published blogs for our world cruises I know how much work goes into it, and I wanted to acknowledge your efforts.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1