How to book M-Class FV/Family Veranda

Maligator

With 2024 schedules trickling out whenever they feel like releasing them, my wife and I are looking at those that managed to be released and found a Japan itinerary that looks good. After being spoiled in one of the six FV aft corners on Summit a few years back, we'd really like to book one of those again, but there seems to be no way to do it on the website. 

If I recall, we had to book a different room and wait until a few weeks before the sailing to inquire about moving to a FV. Is this still the only way to do it?

The cabins will be released to be booked by parties of less than 5 anywhere from a month before sailing to 6 months or more out. Really depends on itinerary and anticipated numbers of families/larger group. We got ours for an Antarctic cruise 9 months out. I just kept checking back and lucked into the day they opened them up. 

Edited by amcco
  • Thanks 1

Amcco above is correct.  It's usually several months out (not weeks) that suddenly the FVs are available if they are not booked by larger groups. Just keep checking.

Also suggest a call to X to ask if they might keep a waiting list for that availability.  But I would still keep checking yourself.

I bid and won my Move up  bid to a Family Veranda Dec. 2 for a Jan 13th cruise.

I had bid $410 pp on a 10 day Constellation cruise, moving up from an inside cabin.

They might look at moveup bids before releasing Family Veranda but just a guess on my part

1 hour ago, Kiran said:

I bid and won my Move up  bid to a Family Veranda Dec. 2 for a Jan 13th cruise.

I had bid $410 pp on a 10 day Constellation cruise, moving up from an inside cabin.

They might look at moveup bids before releasing Family Veranda but just a guess on my part

I would think they would make more money if they released the FV and sold it--at least compared to what you paid to move up. 

10 hours ago, mahdnc said:

@Maligator,  wait list is a very good suggestion. Also if the FVs (to be renamed as UVs next year) become available for less than five passengers, you will also see them online (as opposed to needing to "inquire"). 

What in the world is a UV?  Why do they keep changing the nomenclature???

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Happy Cruiser 6143 said:

What in the world is a UV?  Why do they keep changing the nomenclature???

In 2023 the fleetwide cabin re-categorization will begin phasing in: link.  The Family Veranda (FV) becomes the Ultra Deluxe Veranda (UV): 

image.thumb.jpeg.30801129675e0d7cf8532c2a3c59bc15.jpeg

We have a UV booked for our 2024 Panama Canal cruise aboard Summit:

image.jpeg.5560683cd9ebc713cc3590f390b3b14c.jpeg

I remember when the Celebrity's first family cabins were introduced into the fleet on Century.  There were 18 oversized outside cabins located at the stern.  They were called Category 3 cabins back then.

Edited by mahdnc

On 12/11/2022 at 1:53 AM, mahdnc said:

In 2023 the fleetwide cabin re-categorization will begin phasing in: link.  The Family Veranda (FV) becomes the Ultra Deluxe Veranda (UV): 

image.thumb.jpeg.30801129675e0d7cf8532c2a3c59bc15.jpeg

We have a UV booked for our 2024 Panama Canal cruise aboard Summit:

image.jpeg.5560683cd9ebc713cc3590f390b3b14c.jpeg

I remember when the Celebrity's first family cabins were introduced into the fleet on Century.  There were 18 oversized outside cabins located at the stern.  They were called Category 3 cabins back then.

Love, love those cabins 😍. Are you travelling with your adult children as they have allowed you to book the UV already for 2024?

3 minutes ago, villauk said:

Love, love those cabins 😍. Are you travelling with your adult children as they have allowed you to book the UV already for 2024?

That is the plan, but they have reached the age where they are not guaranteed to be on the cruise.  We will see.

• Like 1