❓cabin reserving Sanctuary for another cabin using their booking #? ❓ friend disembark ship same day we embark reserve 4 us?

irisheileen

Everybody loves the sanctuary apparently and I would love to get a cabana or at least loungers. If one of our parties make it up to the sanctuary in line first can they reserve using our cabins booking number for that cruise?

Also, friends of ours are coincidentally going on the same cruise but the sailing before! Before they disembark would they be able to reserve a cabana or loungers for us like back to back cruisers do? That would be using our booking number.

Thanks in advance

43 minutes ago, irisheileen said:

Everybody loves the sanctuary apparently and I would love to get a cabana or at least loungers. If one of our parties make it up to the sanctuary in line first can they reserve using our cabins booking number for that cruise?

Also, friends of ours are coincidentally going on the same cruise but the sailing before! Before they disembark would they be able to reserve a cabana or loungers for us like back to back cruisers do? That would be using our booking number.

Thanks in advance

Seriously...can your friends on the previous cruise reserve a cabin for you on the next cruise? I certainly hope NOT!  Its hard enough (near impossible) to get a spot with the real back-to -backers getting first dibs,  let alone something like that. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

I know there are frequent post warning that you must rush to the Sanctuary immediately upon boarding to reserve the Sanctuary.  I don't have any experience booking the Sanctuary on shorter Caribbean cruises, but I have booked it twice on longer tropical itineraries for all sea days and the Sanctuary was never close to fully booked.  The Cabanas were always available.  imho if you go to the Sanctuary once you board, you will have no problem making your reservations.  

• Thanks 2

18 minutes ago, Buckeye10640 said:

Seriously...can your friends on the previous cruise reserve a cabin for you on the next cruise? I certainly hope NOT!  Its hard enough (near impossible) to get a spot with the real back-to -backers getting first dibs,  let alone something like that. 

Exactly!

• Like 1

Irish,  To answer the first question, can one person in your party book for all of you.

Again, it has always been first come, first served, and at least one person for that cabin must actually be there.  So, if you have family or friends in another cabin, I believe that one from each cabin  do have to go to the Sanctuary in person.   Especially with the medallion and everything being automatic and electronic, I don't see how anyone could be able to book for somebody else.

As you can see, booking of the coveted best loungers in the Sanctuary, and being able to find availability, is kind of a hot topic.  I think you can see why, now.

It might not be as tight on longer cruises.  We have not booked on a longer cruise.  Since there are more days during the cruise, and not everyone wants to book the Sanctuary for every day.   So, more days, more opportunities, to book.

On one week itineraries, especially when they are more often booked as back-to-back cruises.  Then I think the odds for a person who is not elite/platinum or on the next sailing(s) of a back to back(s) , go down a lot.

We have boarded immediately as early as possible, as Platinum, gone right up to the Sanctuary, and while we have always found some loungers, the best ones seemed to already be booked up.  Especially on sea days.   There have always been a few in line before us.   Those who could not, or did not, board as early as we did, might not find availability.

Irish, you will probably not have any problem booking a Sanctuary Cabana.

I am assuming you know about these, and have seen photos and video.

Most people are not as willing to pay that cost.

So, YES, one person who is traveling on the cruise (but not your booking) can book a cabana, which would have a max occupancy of at least four, I think.  So, if they are able to board early, and would want to share and split the cost, that might work.

@irisheileen  In the past, preCovid, we booked the Sanctuary with two ways.

One, once we had priority boarding due to loyalty status, we had early  boarding of the ship. We went directly to the Sanctuary and we’re able to book two loungers for DH and me.

Before we had priority boarding, we would get up very early to get to the Sanctuary in time to book loungers for that day.

Please!

Do not think friends on the cruise previous to yours would be able to book the Sanctuary!!!!!

I am certain that the staff there would not accommodate such a request if there was a way to check on the departure day of your friends’ cruise.

I am not certain what info is stored on the medallion.

How unfair to even think of doing such a thing!😱

Enjoy your cruise! 

MJ

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 12:00 PM, mnocket said:

I know there are frequent post warning that you must rush to the Sanctuary immediately upon boarding to reserve the Sanctuary.  I don't have any experience booking the Sanctuary on shorter Caribbean cruises, but I have booked it twice on longer tropical itineraries for all sea days and the Sanctuary was never close to fully booked.  The Cabanas were always available.  imho if you go to the Sanctuary once you board, you will have no problem making your reservations.  

That's wonderful to hear. Thanks so much. I have vestibular migraine issues with sensitivities of large crowds etc so that's why sanctuary is so important to me.

23 hours ago, MJSailors said:

@irisheileen  In the past, preCovid, we booked the Sanctuary with two ways.

One, once we had priority boarding due to loyalty status, we had early  boarding of the ship. We went directly to the Sanctuary and we’re able to book two loungers for DH and me.

Before we had priority boarding, we would get up very early to get to the Sanctuary in time to book loungers for that day.

Please!

Do not think friends on the cruise previous to yours would be able to book the Sanctuary!!!!!

I am certain that the staff there would not accommodate such a request if there was a way to check on the departure day of your friends’ cruise.

I am not certain what info is stored on the medallion.

How unfair to even think of doing such a thing!😱

Enjoy your cruise! 

MJ

I agree with you. In retrospect, it was unfair of me to even consider. I stand corrected. I mentioned in another response I have nervous system sensitivities due to vestibular migraines and finding a quiet spot wherever I go is so very important to me.

• Like 1

On 12/10/2022 at 4:15 PM, Wishing on a star said:

Irish,  To answer the first question, can one person in your party book for all of you.

Again, it has always been first come, first served, and at least one person for that cabin must actually be there.  So, if you have family or friends in another cabin, I believe that one from each cabin  do have to go to the Sanctuary in person.   Especially with the medallion and everything being automatic and electronic, I don't see how anyone could be able to book for somebody else.

As you can see, booking of the coveted best loungers in the Sanctuary, and being able to find availability, is kind of a hot topic.  I think you can see why, now.

It might not be as tight on longer cruises.  We have not booked on a longer cruise.  Since there are more days during the cruise, and not everyone wants to book the Sanctuary for every day.   So, more days, more opportunities, to book.

On one week itineraries, especially when they are more often booked as back-to-back cruises.  Then I think the odds for a person who is not elite/platinum or on the next sailing(s) of a back to back(s) , go down a lot.

We have boarded immediately as early as possible, as Platinum, gone right up to the Sanctuary, and while we have always found some loungers, the best ones seemed to already be booked up.  Especially on sea days.   There have always been a few in line before us.   Those who could not, or did not, board as early as we did, might not find availability.

Irish, you will probably not have any problem booking a Sanctuary Cabana.

I am assuming you know about these, and have seen photos and video.

Most people are not as willing to pay that cost.

So, YES, one person who is traveling on the cruise (but not your booking) can book a cabana, which would have a max occupancy of at least four, I think.  So, if they are able to board early, and would want to share and split the cost, that might work.

Thank you for your reply. I have $880 shipboard credit for our cabin so booking a cabana as many days as possible would be my first choice of how to use that credit. I can't be out in the sun directly and I have central nervous system issues where I need quiet if at all possible.

We understand, and know that a Princess or Sanctuary newbie wants to know all the tips possible.

I think you should have good luck getting the cabana for days where you might not be able to get available loungers. 

Know that full shade in the Sanctuary on most ships can be hard to find.  And, the shade moves with the direction of the ship, and the morning and afternoon sun.   Some of the shade could be these huge tarps, which are not a real SPF.   So, a cabana might be a good bet for that too.  If people want those front row seats, up at the bow, they might be the ones that get the most sun!

Your itininerary might give you a good idea which parts of the Sanctuary might have some shade at peak times.

Edited by Wishing on a star
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wishing on a star said:

We understand, and know that a Princess or Sanctuary newbie wants to know all the tips possible.

I think you should have good luck getting the cabana for days where you might not be able to get available loungers. 

Know that full shade in the Sanctuary on most ships can be hard to find.  And, the shade moves with the direction of the ship, and the morning and afternoon sun.   Some of the shade could be these huge tarps, which are not a real SPF.   So, a cabana might be a good bet for that too.  If people want those front row seats, up at the bow, they might be the ones that get the most sun!

Your itininerary might give you a good idea which parts of the Sanctuary might have some shade at peak times.

Thank you. I am all about figuring out and where shade is going to be in my life! First of all I have melanoma, and also a genetic skin condition that wildly flares up in ugly red lesions all over my arms and legs if I'm out in the sun. So I'm all about the shade and figuring out where it's going to be ahead of time. 😎