Priscilla Queen of the Desert

vacation44

4 hours ago, cruisingrandy said:

Priscilla is back on Epic Dec 16-23.  That have it 2 shows on 2 different nights Sunday & Tuesday. We booked Sunday night as that is sea day. Taking our 14 yr old son too.

Ship is completely full over 4500 & lots of kids. 😮

thank god i didnt do a b2b and instead got off in nyc where my relative lives. (my cruise = 1800 pax)

i am shocked so many people want to do a repositioning cruise to puerto rico.

PR is still struggling with basic needs after recent hurricanes.

On a related issue, I have looked at the entertainment page for both the Escape and the Encore and see no major musicals listed. Choir of Man seems to be the headliner. On the Escape the other show is Argentian folk dancing. With no offense to the land of Messi, that is a showstopper for me.(pardon the pun). Is this just an omission or is it the beginning of a cost-cutting pattern?  (The musicals are mentioned on other NCL pages)

2 hours ago, Maplemoose said:

On the Escape the other show is Argentian folk dancing. With no offense to the land of Messi, that is a showstopper for me.(pardon the pun). 

Not sure about NCL's production, but there was an Argentine dance troupe on America's Got Talent several years ago that almost won the entire season. Drums, lasers, sweat... it was absolutely insane. 

We are on Encore in February, Kinky Boots will not be playing. It's disappointing. We booked thinking we'd have a big Broadway style show, and now it looks like we will get a theater that will be dark most of the week.

This is our 3rd and likely last NCL cruise. To not have some sort of a replacement  entertainment shows me that they have my money and don't care. We were on 2 RCL cruises this year, never had to look for entertainment-matter of fact it was hard to fit it all in.

• Like 1

Update all 4 shows for Priscilla and Burn the floor are sold out on this cruise.  glad we saw burn the floor last night and see Priscilla tonight.  4600 is now number of passengers they say are on board, Garden Cafe is a Zoo. Top countries were China, India & USA, and lots of middle easterners.  Alaska last May with 1200 sure was a lot nicer

2 hours ago, cruisingrandy said:

4600 is now number of passengers they say are on board, Garden Cafe is a Zoo. Top countries were China, India & USA, and lots of middle easterners.  Alaska last May with 1200 sure was a lot nicer

how well are people behaved?