Basic WIFI

LCS54

6 hours ago, WestLakeGirl said:

We have not found that basic Wi-Fi is strong enough for the “calling over Wi-Fi” to work. The upgraded Wi-Fi was needed for that

Ditto.  I can confirm in July 2021 on the edge you could NOT call on basic.  With that being said, the ship now has Starlink, no idea if that changes things 

12 hours ago, whirlybird3 said:

We were able to call via basic wifi on the Edge in October and on the Millennium during a transpacific crossing & in Asia pre-COVID. 

To be clear, you could use you phones regular phone app and not Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, etc.?  Also, confirming you were not in port while making these calls?

9 minutes ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

To be clear, you could use you phones regular phone app and not Facebook messenger, WhatsApp, etc.?  Also, confirming you were not in port while making these calls?

What is the cost for basic wifi for the day with Elite discount? On a 15 night TA on Apex next April and my 90 minutes Elite benefit won't be enough. Need to keep in touch with some tour operators. 

1 minute ago, drakes2 said:

What is the cost for basic wifi for the day with Elite discount? On a 15 night TA on Apex next April and my 90 minutes Elite benefit won't be enough. Need to keep in touch with some tour operators. 

Honestly can’t remember; we get two devices on one account as it’s saves a little bit

2 minutes ago, alyssamma said:

To clarify my earlier comment, wifi calling is the protocol that is blocked on basic wifi. So things like WhatsApp will not work for call.

This was my experience on the Beyond in Oct.

Thanks.  Issue (for some) is when you are expecting incoming calls

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

Check the cruise planner and then figure out out the price by applying h your E discount to the price.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1