Just off the Oasis of the Seas 12/4-12/-11..

pjack61

Some observations after a week on Oasis of the Seas:

Ship is in good shape. Embarkation out of Terminal A in Miami was confusing, lacking simple signage, and the acoustics made it almost impossible to hear instructions from the RCI reps. Sea pass cards are now left in an envelope outside your cabin. Muster is done as you board ( very efficient and quick).

disembarkation literally took us 7 minutes to get from our cabin to ground transportation. Facial recognition used at customs with no declaration forms!

All crew and service was great! 
MDR food was very good. No corkage fee for bringing our own wine. Lobster night, as many as you could eat. 
150 specialty restaurant the scallop appetizer was almost inedible, the Caesar salad was not as good as the MDR version,but the filet and the desserts were very good. Just not worth the $150 for two!

Windjammer breakfast was average, scrambled eggs(or whatever that was) were inedible for me but plenty of fried eggs, etc. 

Windjammer lunch offerings above average. 
Locofresh (complimentary) was very good with fresh made flour tortillas and salsa all of the meats and other were great. 
BBQ joint, I got the 3 meat and 2 sides platter and it was almost enough food for 4. All smoked meats and the brisket was some of the best I’ve had ( I was shocked by how good it was).

Music venues all below average. Ventriloquist headliner was very good. Aqua show a must see amazing. Ice show worn out. Comedy shows booked up. 
We were on this ship 11 years ago and it’s still doing ok. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

were you able to pre-book any shows or did they only open up once on-board?  Is the musical still "Cats" (my least favorite Broadway show, 😆).  I'd like to see the comedians this time, we had young children last time we were on Oasis and couldn't go.  Do you have to pre-book them as well?

Yes, we were able to prebook Aqua, Ice and Cats. The rest of the shows ( mainly comedy club) had to be booked on the ship.  Cats was on the ship 11 years ago when we sailed. We walked out back then. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, pjack61 said:

Yes, we were able to prebook Aqua, Ice and Cats. The rest of the shows ( mainly comedy club) had to be booked on the ship.  Cats was on the ship 11 years ago when we sailed. We walked out back then. 

thanks, how soon were you able to prebook, a few weeks out?  Our cruise this spring still isn't open for pre booking in cruise planner

We were on Oasis last week also and my few observations

1.  Staff is amazing, so nice and will do whatever you want

2. My Time Dining - husband was totally happy with the food

3. Windjammer, typical breakfast buffet, but everything was hot and good.  fruit was so good

4. shows were awesome - we went to the Ice Show 2 times, loved the Aqua Show, Ventriloquist was awesome, the Aerosmith show was fantastic.  Only show we could not stand was the late night comedy.  We went to the 8 pm show and he was disgusting.  I know you are going to hear the F word, but he could not get one sentence out with F or MotherF.  If you cannot do comedy with that, then you are not funny.  We got up and walked out

5.  Music around the ship was great.  Pool band was wonderful, bands playing in the the Promenade were great.

6. Portside - we went the last night.  Yes, portions are good.  Husband said he gets better Burned Ends at Mission BBQ. While very good, everything was luke warm or cold.  We ate it, and would probably try it again, but was disappointed that the food was not hot.

7.  El Loco Fresh was great, but we get it on Freedom so we know how good it is.

8.  Husband love the Dog House, had stuff from there on both sea days.

It was an amazing cruise and we loved every minute of it. Met a lot of people and totally enjoyed ourselves.  

• Like 5

44 minutes ago, karena1 said:

6. Portside - we went the last night.  Yes, portions are good.  Husband said he gets better Burned Ends at Mission BBQ. While very good, everything was luke warm or cold.  We ate it, and would probably try it again, but was disappointed that the food was not hot.

8.  Husband love the Dog House, had stuff from there on both sea days.

Are these complimentary or an extra charge? Thanks. 

2 hours ago, karena1 said:

Portside you pay for, but it is very reasonable.  A 3 meat platter was like $15.  Sides are about $4-$6.  Dog House is included, no charge.

Thank you. We only cruise Royal every couple of years and our first time on a big ship. We're looking forward to it. 

20 hours ago, pjack61 said:

Some observations after a week on Oasis of the Seas:

Ship is in good shape. Embarkation out of Terminal A in Miami was confusing, lacking simple signage, and the acoustics made it almost impossible to hear instructions from the RCI reps. Sea pass cards are now left in an envelope outside your cabin. Muster is done as you board ( very efficient and quick).

disembarkation literally took us 7 minutes to get from our cabin to ground transportation. Facial recognition used at customs with no declaration forms!

All crew and service was great! 
MDR food was very good. No corkage fee for bringing our own wine. Lobster night, as many as you could eat. 
150 specialty restaurant the scallop appetizer was almost inedible, the Caesar salad was not as good as the MDR version,but the filet and the desserts were very good. Just not worth the $150 for two!

Windjammer breakfast was average, scrambled eggs(or whatever that was) were inedible for me but plenty of fried eggs, etc. 

Windjammer lunch offerings above average. 
Locofresh (complimentary) was very good with fresh made flour tortillas and salsa all of the meats and other were great. 
BBQ joint, I got the 3 meat and 2 sides platter and it was almost enough food for 4. All smoked meats and the brisket was some of the best I’ve had ( I was shocked by how good it was).

Music venues all below average. Ventriloquist headliner was very good. Aqua show a must see amazing. Ice show worn out. Comedy shows booked up. 
We were on this ship 11 years ago and it’s still doing ok. 

We are on the same itinerary in March. Just wondering if you could help me with your arrival time in Roatan. I’ve noticed that there can be a one or two hour time difference between ship time and local time and that all depends on the captain and what they do. Can you provide some information regarding to your arrival into Roatan. I believe you were supposed to be in from 8 AM till 5 PM. Is that local time or ship time. If it is shipped time you would’ve arrived at 6 AM and left at 3 PM local time if there was a two hour time difference or 7 AM till 4 PM if there was one or one hour time difference. Just trying to figure this out for making plans for the day.

Thank you.  We board on Sunday but its only a 4 day.  I know its not going to be long enough but I was going to South Florida to see family for Christmas and have been wanting to get on an Oasis class so couldn't pass it up.  

2 hours ago, Russ Lomas said:

We are on the same itinerary in March. Just wondering if you could help me with your arrival time in Roatan. I’ve noticed that there can be a one or two hour time difference between ship time and local time and that all depends on the captain and what they do. Can you provide some information regarding to your arrival into Roatan. I believe you were supposed to be in from 8 AM till 5 PM. Is that local time or ship time. If it is shipped time you would’ve arrived at 6 AM and left at 3 PM local time if there was a two hour time difference or 7 AM till 4 PM if there was one or one hour time difference. Just trying to figure this out for making plans for the day.

We got there at 10 ship time and stayed until 6 ship time.  Hour different than Roatan time

5 hours ago, karena1 said:

We got there at 10 ship time and stayed until 6 ship time.  Hour different than Roatan time

Thanks.  What time were you expected to be in Roatan according to your cruise documents?  10 am - 6pm?  By the time we go in March, there would be a 2-hour difference (I think it is currently only one hour) between ship time and island time, potentially. Just wondering because our documents say 8am - 5pm.  I was hoping to do a scuba dive at 1:30 pm, but if that is 1:30 local time and ship time is 2 hours different, that means 3:30 ship time with the dive over at 5pm and we miss the ship.

On 12/13/2022 at 8:08 PM, Russ Lomas said:

Thanks.  What time were you expected to be in Roatan according to your cruise documents?  10 am - 6pm?  By the time we go in March, there would be a 2-hour difference (I think it is currently only one hour) between ship time and island time, potentially. Just wondering because our documents say 8am - 5pm.  I was hoping to do a scuba dive at 1:30 pm, but if that is 1:30 local time and ship time is 2 hours different, that means 3:30 ship time with the dive over at 5pm and we miss the ship.

I think about an hour earlier, so we stayed an hour later.  Reason I knew we were going to be late, is because we booked an excursion to the private island Maya Key, and out tickets had a different time than my reservation had.

• Like 1

We had a dinner for 6 with wine pairing for each course at the 150 restaurant (11 years ago on Oasis). That meal is memorable for all that were there. The service, the food impeccable and the wine it was worth every penny. The dinner for 4, this time was average at best. Service was below average. I was tempted to return my scallops and Caesar salad, probably should have.