question about suite pre cruise

jean87510

I have booked my first ever suite on the Voyager.  I set sail on Sunday out of San Juan.  I am looking forward to trying the suite experience as my nicest room so far was the aft balcony 1688 on the Adventure which I thought was the bomb.  After reading many posts about butlers, bubble baths, champagne, suite lounges... (and yes I know I won't be getting a butler in the GS and probably no bubble bath), I am a little confused about something.  Does the suite concierge reach out via email pre cruise?  I haven't received anything.  If we don't get a pre cruise email, it's no big deal as we have cruised a lot before and can figure out the routine.

They usually do about 1 week prior to your cruise.  For some reason, on my upcoming cruise this coming Friday (in an OS), the concierge sent it to my travel agent.  This have never happened before to me.  She forwarded it over to me so it was no big deal but I thought this was strange.  Regardless, you'll love the extra attention that you'll get in your GS.  Enjoy.

Edited by Surfguyxxx
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, SNemeth said:

In April we were in a suite on Indy.  The suite concierge emailed us about 5 days before our sailing.  

We normally get email from concierge 5 days before they can help with any requests. No butler on rccl , you should have a suite lounge with a 3 hour happy hour between 5 and 8.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, George C said:

We normally get email from concierge 5 days before they can help with any requests. No butler on rccl , you should have a suite lounge with a 3 hour happy hour between 5 and 8.

Sounds good.  Suite perks plus diamond should make me pretty comfortable.  Thanks!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Sounds good.  Suite perks plus diamond should make me pretty comfortable.  Thanks!

Totally agree we are diamond plus so we get 5 free drinks Diamond gets 4 plus 3 hour happy hour . You also get breakfast in a specialty restaurant, might want to do UDP depending on price we love that all dinners in specialty and some lunches.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

Can you have the suite concierge book all your UDP reservations prior to you arriving on the ship.  We have a suite on Navigator in Jan as well as on Oasis in March.  Just wondering if that is something that they do?

Yes...they can. We'll be in a suite (again) on Navigator in January also.

Guest 4-2-N-8

Im taking my family on a future Harmony cruise and I've got the RLS plus both SLS booked.

I understand that unlimited dining is included. Do I need to book well in advance to get into the restaurants? Events on ship?

TY

Thanks everyone.  Did get my email this am so I'm ready to go!  I didn't know they had Flexible Arrival which allows you the freedom to check-in up to one hour before or after your scheduled check-in time while the terminal is open.  This is good for us as our check-in is 12 noon and our hotel check out is 10am.  Gives us time to eat then start watching the Eagles/Chicago game.  And we have a 11am flight to STT after the cruise so I like the priority departure.  We debated UDP but decided to skip as this is port intensive and I can't sit at a specialty dining and be nodding off.  We will Windjammer every night probably and do the Chops Suite breakfast to avoid crowds.