Is there any dress code at all in the dining room?

ontheweb

15 minutes ago, asmit4 said:

On a 7 night there is generally a night where the daily states people might dress up if they want to right? --like 1 night where more people will dress up than others? I'm a loser that wants my family to dress up one night. I'm bringing a Kate Winslet type dress for that night- yes I'm totally lame and I know it. Wear what makes you happy right! 

You have fun and enjoy! That's why NCL is for all of us.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, asmit4 said:

On a 7 night there is generally a night where the daily states people might dress up if they want to right? --like 1 night where more people will dress up than others? I'm a loser that wants my family to dress up one night. I'm bringing a Kate Winslet type dress for that night- yes I'm totally lame and I know it. Wear what makes you happy right! 

It really isn't all that hard to grasp...you "might dress up if you want to" on any night of the cruise...you can dress up one night, two, three, or all nights...if you want to. It is never required, nor does any venue have a different level of dress required than on any other night.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, asmit4 said:

Sounds wonderful. Have fun!

Probably the first sea day. But you can make any night dress up night. There will be photographers ever night. We stop for a few pics every night regardless of how we are dressed. No cost. Lots of fun to see.  

3 hours ago, SeaShark said:

It really isn't all that hard to grasp...you "might dress up if you want to" on any night of the cruise...you can dress up one night, two, three, or all nights...if you want to. It is never required, nor does any venue have a different level of dress required than on any other night.

SMH.  I'm "liking" @SeaSharkyet again.  I need a drink....

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, SeaShark said:

My question still wasn't answered but ok. Why does this make people so angry? I don't give a hoot what people wear or don't wear. Why does it bother people that some of us want to dress up? It doesn't bother me one bit that people want to spend the entire week in shorts and flip flops. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, asmit4 said:

My question still wasn't answered

@BirdTravelsanswered your question in post #128. I'll quote it:

"

12 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Sounds wonderful. Have fun!

Probably the first sea day. But you can make any night dress up night. There will be photographers ever night. We stop for a few pics every night regardless of how we are dressed. No cost. Lots of fun to see.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, asmit4 said:

My question still wasn't answered but ok. Why does this make people so angry?

I quite honestly have not read a single post where somebody was "angry" because others wanted to dress up.  Do you have a link?  Most are just joking around here.  Maybe it's an acquired sense of humor?

• Like 1

DH and I are retired and don't have to dress up for work every day anymore, so it's a treat for us to dress up a bit at least one night of our cruise and have our photo taken (and we always use one of our photos as our Christmas card photo). There are those who appreciate seeing others making an effort, and who doesn't like a nice compliment once in awhile? On the other hand, if you just wanna be casual on your cruise, we're right there with you 90% of the time. @ChiefMateJRKI just ordered some of those Lands End sweatpants for DH and he was quite excited at the acquisition of some "dress sweatpants," so you made his day!  Rather than being offended at anyone else's sartorial choices, we choose to be amused at the worst, but that's why we love NCL. I agree that we ladies have it much easier in the dressing department. My son plays the bagpipes at the Rennaisance Faire and often wears a kilt, and he looks quite dashing, but I'll have to ask him if there are kilts for casual wear. Here's to you doing you, and Merry Christmas, everyone!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, NikiPinkston said:

@ChiefMateJRKI just ordered some of those Lands End sweatpants for DH and he was quite excited at the acquisition of some "dress sweatpants," so you made his day! 

Nice!  They'll be the best "sweatpants" he's ever owned. 😎  From ten feet away, the dress code police will guess that he is wearing black dress pants.  🤣

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/21/2022 at 2:06 PM, Schoifmom said:

I would argue that those should be considered "toe-post sandals" just as my expensive Vionics are called.  I would say that "flip-flops" would be considered more in the order of those $2 Old Navy flip-flops that everyone wears to the beach.

I have Vionic flip flops (yes very expensive) and was starting to panic thinking I can't wear them to the specialty dining restaurants so now what am I to do? Glad you have seemed to reassure me. 

Has anyone really gotten turned away for their footwear, especially if the rest of their attire is ok?