Food choices at Labadee

Since there's been so many discussions over the food on RCL, I thought I would add to the mix. Its been forever since we've been to Labadee. I know they don't have a lot of choices for dining at lunch. I'm assuming the food is relatively the same with the exception of the suite area. We will Not be in a suit this trip. Any insight would be appreciated. 

2 hours ago, ballarinamom said:

Since there's been so many discussions over the food on RCL, I thought I would add to the mix. Its been forever since we've been to Labadee. I know they don't have a lot of choices for dining at lunch. I'm assuming the food is relatively the same with the exception of the suite area. We will Not be in a suit this trip. Any insight would be appreciated. 

We were there on Wonder two weeks ago in a suite, so we sat in that area.  The food was horrible. Not even as good as coco cay, and that’s not that great either, but way better than what we were served in Labadee.

I don’t like to be negative, but it was our first time in the suite area, and we were led to believe we would have gotten better food there. It was awful.  Firstly, everything was in the open uncovered, so flies were all over all the food! The burgers were dry and cold! Not even warm. The only different food there was shrimp and it was out in the open, not kept cold and had flies all over it! I’m not exaggerating!

Royal should be ashamed to serve that food and there were crew from the ship there including the suite lounge concierge. I’ll always make sure to go back to the ship for lunch when on Labadee 

23 minutes ago, Ozark_Kid said:

Here is a sample of what it looked like in October. 

Corn_123924.thumb.jpg.2044d3778a4d86be052c6c3cd2af32d2.jpg

Burger_123940.thumb.jpg.fc66494200ba0092bfd2706ab3938c05.jpg

Fruit_123825.thumb.jpg.124545dc0e69d18053547494372861fb.jpg

Desert_123931.thumb.jpg.1cda8035c3a5321bf2c122f32d4384cb.jpg

BRC_124029.thumb.jpg.cc8a977c104c484c0cc4fe3aa8db6290.jpg

20221017_125424.thumb.jpg.87e3b235558c94d02a1e5c5fcc129fcf.jpg

This is Labadee? You should have seen the junk we had in the suite area two weeks ago!!
the little food they served looked nothing even remotely like this. Not even close!

I was hugely disappointed.

Just now, LeeW said:

Note that the coconut cookies there are a large chewy macaroon rather than the normal coconut ranger.  DW wishes these were available onboard.

The coconut blobs were not macaroon-like at all in the suite area when we were on Wonder 2 weeks ago. I was so disappointed as was every one else I saw throw them in the garbage.  Oddly they didn’t even taste like coconut, but like plastic. No flavor and not chewable.

I can’t say anything good about the food on Labadee. Worst I’ve ever had on a cruise. 
and again, I don’t like to be negative, but it’s the truth and I’m not exaggerating.  Royal needs to look into what’s going on there.

im going there again early January but not in a suite this time, I’ll see what it’s like then, but I plan to bring food from the ship with me to snack on.

4 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

We were there on Wonder two weeks ago in a suite, so we sat in that area.  The food was horrible. Not even as good as coco cay, and that’s not that great either, but way better than what we were served in Labadee.

I don’t like to be negative, but it was our first time in the suite area, and we were led to believe we would have gotten better food there. It was awful.  Firstly, everything was in the open uncovered, so flies were all over all the food! The burgers were dry and cold! Not even warm. The only different food there was shrimp and it was out in the open, not kept cold and had flies all over it! I’m not exaggerating!

Royal should be ashamed to serve that food and there were crew from the ship there including the suite lounge concierge. I’ll always make sure to go back to the ship for lunch when on Labadee 

Ive been to Labadee several times, suite area, non suite area. Last trip a few weeks ago was in non suite area. Food was just fine. Burgers warm, fruit was fresh and desserts were great. Staff was friendly and our area didn't come with flies. I asked for a container and took back a few banana and chocolate rum cakes. Mmm.

20 minutes ago, RJ257 said:

Ive been to Labadee several times, suite area, non suite area. Last trip a few weeks ago was in non suite area. Food was just fine. Burgers warm, fruit was fresh and desserts were great. Staff was friendly and our area didn't come with flies. I asked for a container and took back a few banana and chocolate rum cakes. Mmm.

Maybe we just were there on a bad day. Going again on Jewel in a couple of weeks.

1 minute ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Maybe we just were there on a bad day. Going again on Jewel in a couple of weeks.

Bad days where food is concerned certainly do happen. When non suite i go to Columbus Cove which is less crowded to me. No crowds at lunch (11:45-12:00 ish) and when I happen to pay attention to others they seem to be enjoying the experience. Hope you have a better experience next cruise.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lovesthebeach2 said:

Maybe you misunderstand the concept. It is free/complimentary beach picnic food. Not fine dining. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ballarinamom said:

There's plenty of flies to go around!

When we were there in August, there were individual, plastic-wrapped salad bowls.  I believe there was a Greek salad and a pasta salad.  Was that a temporary Covid thing?  I do not enjoy the “beach picnics” for all of the reasons mentioned above, but the salads were really good as well as protected from other people and flies. 

19 hours ago, ZoeyVictoria said:

When we were there in August, there were individual, plastic-wrapped salad bowls.  I believe there was a Greek salad and a pasta salad.  Was that a temporary Covid thing?  I do not enjoy the “beach picnics” for all of the reasons mentioned above, but the salads were really good as well as protected from other people and flies. 

Salads were still covered a few weeks ago. (as they should be ) Do not believe its a Covid thing.

• Like 1