Purchased Princess Plus, under the old price, will the new pricing scheme be honored?

kilili

1 minute ago, Steelers36 said:

Hey, long time no see.  And of course.  I sometimes miss the country even though I do look at the avatars.  I think you will get your SD since that was a separate booking promotion.

Lol, too much other stuff getting in the way. If you weren't on your pause, I would have seen you on the Ruby next month. We will be on the Panama Cruise. Hope you will be back to cruising soon.  

• Like 1

It was definitely $14 US for the so called extra things. The point is when you bought the cruise you signed a legal agreement with them to buy the plus package so you should get the now plus package with no extra cost. If you buy a car and there is a delay in delivery and they change design or safety feature in the car they didn’t charge you extra. The company changed the package not us. So they should honour the agreement.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, aussiebrit12 said:

It was definitely $14 US for the so called extra things. The point is when you bought the cruise you signed a legal agreement with them to buy the plus package so you should get the now plus package with no extra cost. If you buy a car and there is a delay in delivery and they change design or safety feature in the car they didn’t charge you extra. The company changed the package not us. So they should honour the agreement.

People are beating a dead horse. Either go with the flow or switch cruise lines complaining will not change anything

• Like 4

4 hours ago, aussiebrit12 said:

You get your drinks at the new maximum price point, but you don't get new added benefits.  

On 9/12/2023 at 5:51 PM, princesscruise2020 said:

I am reading this thread because I have the same situation now. Mine is 7-day Kyusu and Korea 7 day cruise on Diamond Princess.  I bought Plus-50 in July 2022 and Princess changes to Plus-60.  However, the Ocean Ready delivery ($14.99 pr voyage) and room service ($5 per room service) will be charged if you don't have Plus or Premium. The change was on Aug 14, 2023 after I made the final payment. 

I have made so many calls to the useless Princess customer service and they have NO clues either.  I have an issue that the OceanReady should be grandfather to the old Princess-50.  The OceanReady delivery and room service were always Free for anyone on board when Princess introduced the Medallion App during the pandemics.  You order the drinks and food and they will deliver to you wherever you are.  The medallion track your location.  I made 5 calls using 5 different phone numbers and spent numerous hours.  I have 5 different answers.🥵

I really don't care about the premium dessert, fitness classes, juice bar (I did not know Princess has juice bar?), or casual dining meals.  I want to have the delivery fee is FREE under my old PLUS-50 plan.  Has anyone cruised on Princess after this "NEW" changes are introduced after August 14, 2023?

Thanks.

image.thumb.png.cf79ea5bed21079a1095f04cc5677b39.png

We booked our Oct cruise in April but didn't add Princess Plus until June at $60pp.

I just opened my app & clicked on Packages--

It is showing the 2 comped casual dining options, Oceanview Delivery Access (free, I guess) & drinks to $15.

So it appears we were grandfathered in?

Edited by KKB

3 minutes ago, KKB said:

We booked our Oct cruise in April but didn't add Princess Plus until June at $60pp.

I just opened my app & clicked on Packages--

It is showing the 2 comped casual dining options, Oceanview Delivery Access (free, I guess) & drinks to $15.

So it appears we were grandfathered in?

If you paid $60 per day for plus then you get all the NEW items. That is the current price

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

52 minutes ago, KKB said:

Even tho we booked before they added them?

No complaints here!

It those who paid $40 or $50 per day for plus who do not get everything   Many folks booked a long time ago and paid the lower price and are upset they have not been grandfathered 

• Like 3

Seems to me if, for a 7 day cruise, one paid $50/day instead of $60, the $70 saved covers the new perks … mostly…

$14.99 x 2 = $29.98 ($30)

$14.99 ($20)

$14.99 ($20)

$70

It’s actually $70 savings on a 15 day cruise since the benefits are the same as a 7 day even though we pay a daily rate now.

Edited by tserface

2 hours ago, memoak said:

If you paid $60 per day for plus then you get all the NEW items. That is the current price

Except that we paid +50 but the app still shows we have +60 package for our cruise departing in 29 days even though the travel summary shows the +50 stuff. If the app still shows the new stuff onboard maybe that is what the crew will see as well? I don't really care, as the new stuff is not worth the upgrade cost IMHO. I did order medallion shipping on the app. I took a screen shot of the app package when I ordered, in case they charge for shipping when shipped, to prove what it showed at the time of order. I also did a chat on the Princess website and they said not to worry, if charged they will refund onboard. I took a copy of that chat as well. I have a lot of time to play the game 😉. We will see.

Edited by Musky Ike
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, tserface said:

Seems to me if, for a 7 day cruise, one paid $50/day instead of $60, the $70 saved covers the new perks … mostly…

$14.99 x 2 = $29.98 ($30)

$14.99 ($20)

$14.99 ($20)

$70

It’s actually $70 savings on a 15 day cruise since the benefits are the same as a 7 day even though we pay a daily rate now.

The big deals for some people appear to be the $5 per call charge for room service and the 2 casual meals. Unless you are sailing in a ship with a pizzeria it really doesn’t matter since all other casual meals already had a charge

4 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Except that we paid +50 but the app still shows we have +60 package for our cruise departing in 29 days even though the travel summary shows the +50 stuff. If the app still shows the new stuff onboard maybe that is what the crew will see as well? I don't really care, as the new stuff is not worth the upgrade cost IMHO. I did order medallion shipping on the app. I took a screen shot of the app package when I ordered, in case they charge for shipping when shipped, to prove what it showed at the time of order. I also did a chat on the Princess website and they said not to worry, if charged they will refund onboard. I took a copy of that chat as well. I have a lot of time to play the game 😉. We will see.

I'm going with the app - we bought PLUS50 - our app is showing Premier for a cruise in less than 2 months now.  the APP supersedes the travel summery, correct?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, voljeep said:

I'm going with the app - we bought PLUS50 - our app is showing Premier for a cruise in less than 2 months now.  the APP supersedes the travel summery, correct?

Others have said the opposite, but it would seem logical that the onboard service crew sees the listed onboard app package, but maybe not. We will see. I'm OK either way. Certainly won't do any premium desserts or fitness classes.

Edited by Musky Ike

2 hours ago, memoak said:

The big deals for some people appear to be the $5 per call charge for room service and the 2 casual meals. Unless you are sailing in a ship with a pizzeria it really doesn’t matter since all other casual meals already had a charge

Yeah, I didn’t think of that.  For $14.99, one time charge, you can order from app or TV so calling seems kind of like extra hassle.

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

I would not trust thing’s showing or not showing on the app. Travel summary is what I take snapshots of 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, memoak said:

I would not trust thing’s showing or not showing on the app. Travel summary is what I take snapshots of 

I am well aware of what I "should" get - but, hey - according to our travel summary - our package is complimentary of Princess - so maybe Princess just upped the complimentary of 'package, huh?

I'll take the app

15 minutes ago, memoak said:

On our Sky cruise last month, the app showed the new Plus package.  Onboard the account showed the old Plus package as it should be.  We could have upgraded to the new package for an additional $10pp per day.  We chose not to.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Musky Ike said:

We are having the same situation as Musky! I have 2 bookings. Both are 50 plus when we bought in September 2022 under LOVE BOAT PROMOTION INCLUDING wifi, crew appreciation and Plus Beverage.  I open the medallion app under PACKAGES: One reservation is showing 60+juice bar (wifi, crew, appreciation, plus beverage, premium dessert, fitness class, causal dining, medallion shipping, ocean ready delivery, and room service delivery) The other one is showing PLUS (only has wifi, crew appreciation and plus beverage).  It’s so strange that both reservations show different benefits for the same plus 50 packages. I will go to  customer services desk to codify the components of the past package that I bought. Therefore, I will not get the price on the statements. 

3 hours ago, voljeep said:

We are having the same situation as Musky! I have 2 bookings. Both are 50 plus when we bought in September 2022 under LOVE BOAT PROMOTION INCLUDING wifi, crew appreciation and Plus Beverage.  I open the medallion app under PACKAGES: One reservation is showing 60+juice bar (wifi, crew, appreciation, plus beverage, premium dessert, fitness class, causal dining, medallion shipping, ocean ready delivery, and room servicedelivery) The other one is showing PLUS (only has wifi, crew appreciation and plus beverage).  It’s so strange that both reservations show different benefits for the same plus 50 packages. I will go to the customer services desk to clarify the components of the past package that I bought. Therefore, I will not get any more surprises on the statements.

I never encountered these many issues before with Princess.  I was a happy and satisfied customer till last year. Princess changed my mini suite cabin without our acknowledgement and no email was sent to us prior to the boarding the ship. No one at customer services knew our cabin after 2 hours of frantic search in the booking system.  
This cruise booking is the same thing. Princess changed our cabin location for 2 out of 3 bookings. Luckily I was aware of the room change by calling my travel agent immediately and asked them change back my original cabins.  It just made me very uncomfortable and uneasy about the room changes and package plus.  

• Thanks 1

Do not believe what you see if the app regarding Packages.  I just checked an upcoming cruise where I purposely did not select a package and it shows we have the new Plus package.   This cruise was booked in August 2022.   Checking Travel Summary in my Princess account it shows no package.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, kiwimum said:

Do not believe what you see if the app regarding Packages.  I just checked an upcoming cruise where I purposely did not select a package and it shows we have the new Plus package.   This cruise was booked in August 2022.   Checking Travel Summary in my Princess account it shows no package.  

SMH.

• Like 1