Booking Next Cruise Onboard Ship -- Benefits??

Italy52

It has been quite a few years since we have sailed with Celebrity.  Just booked a cabin for May 2024 to Alaska.  Does Celebrity offer any incentives for booking while on board for a future Celebrity cruise?  We are Elite if that makes any difference.  Thanks in advance for your help.

10 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

It has been quite a few years since we have sailed with Celebrity.  Just booked a cabin for May 2024 to Alaska.  Does Celebrity offer any incentives for booking while on board for a future Celebrity cruise?  We are Elite if that makes any difference.  Thanks in advance for your help.

Extra OBC. Reduced (way reduced) deposit. Like only $100  per person. And the best offer at the time , of course. 

• Like 2

You can also book a Celebrity Passage which gives you the reduced deposit, extra OBC and 12 months to select your future cruise-not cruise, but select.

We booked two Celebrity Passages on our last Beyond cruise. It's a no brainer.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, FourNines said:

You can also book a Celebrity Passage which gives you the reduced deposit, extra OBC and 12 months to select your future cruise-not cruise, but select.

We booked two Celebrity Passages on our last Beyond cruise. It's a no brainer.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

Your loyalty level is not important.  The reduced deposit is significant, and as already mentioned, there can be offers of additional OBC or other perks for bookings made onboard.  But I also find that the Future Cruise Staff can be very helpful in selecting a specific cabin out of a general cabin category.  A consideration if you are not familiar with a specific celebrity ship.

1 minute ago, Northern Aurora said:

Your loyalty level is not important.  The reduced deposit is significant, and as already mentioned, there can be offers of additional OBC or other perks for bookings made onboard.  But I also find that the Future Cruise Staff can be very helpful in selecting a specific cabin out of a general cabin category.  A consideration if you are not familiar with a specific celebrity ship.

Thanks for your reply, I appreciate it.

We have done it many times.

Apart from the above ( reduced deposit, OBC ), I believe we also received a one category cabin upgrade ?  ( Pay for 2B-- select a 1A ).

Suggestion : Do it early on in the cruise because they get very busy towards the end. It also gives you time to change your mind or ask additional questions.

If you have your own TA, they can transfer the booking to them immediately.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Pinboy said:

We have done it many times.

Apart from the above ( reduced deposit, OBC ), I believe we also received a one category cabin upgrade ?  ( Pay for 2B-- select a 1A ).

Suggestion : Do it early on in the cruise because they get very busy towards the end. It also gives you time to change your mind or ask additional questions.

If you have your own TA, they can transfer the booking to them immediately.

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.  Cabin upgrade (if possible) would be a nice feature.

2 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Thank you for the reply, I appreciate it.  Cabin upgrade (if possible) would be a nice feature.

That a Captain’s Club perk, available for any booking, not just onboard. There are some limitations, and it’s usually worth less than $20, but still appreciated.

• Thanks 1

We just go off the Beyond, and booked a Reflection cruise while on board. $100,00 dep pp, all in pkg, $350.00 OBC V1 balcony, for what I consider a pretty good price. The rep was very helpful, and we looked at several cruises. She was accomodating and very friendly and took as much time as we needed.

1 minute ago, deliver42 said:

We just go off the Beyond, and booked a Reflection cruise while on board. $100,00 dep pp, all in pkg, $350.00 OBC V1 balcony, for what I consider a pretty good price. The rep was very helpful, and we looked at several cruises. She was accomodating and very friendly and took as much time as we needed.

Thank you for your response, I appreciate it. 

41 minutes ago, deliver42 said:

So now you can transfer your booking to a TA for additional OBC if you want to.  We never used to book while on board but I'm beginning to rethink this because I know they give extra OBC, not sure how much but it probably depends on the room category.  My plan for March is to go with a cruise in mind and let them price it for us and then decide.  I just don't want to spend a lot of time in the cruise next area.

6 minutes ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

So now you can transfer your booking to a TA for additional OBC if you want to.  We never used to book while on board but I'm beginning to rethink this because I know they give extra OBC, not sure how much but it probably depends on the room category.  My plan for March is to go with a cruise in mind and let them price it for us and then decide.  I just don't want to spend a lot of time in the cruise next area.

The amount of OBC depends on stateroom category.  So high level suites are offered more OBC than inside staterooms.  But sometimes there is even more OBC offered as an additional incentive when booking onboard.  

But to address your last sentence, while you can sit in the future cruise sales office waiting for the next available sales rep instead just book an appointment.  Also, if you are in a Suite then the Retreat Concierges will book a time for you to meet with a future cruise sales rep in the Michael's Club/Retreat Lounge.  We generally book future cruises while onboard, and don't spend much time doing so.

• Thanks 1

Does anyone have a current chart from a Daily which lists the OBC per category and length of cruise? I'm considering a few different options and wondering if I should just book now or roll the dice and wait until we're onboard. Everything I'm looking at is 10+ days  so OBC could be large enough to consider waiting. 

1 hour ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I think I read somewhere on CC that booking onboard requires a non-refundable booking?

Last time we booked onboard (8 months ago) we were asked what type of booking we wanted, refundable or non.  We were sailing in a suite and booking another one if that makes any difference I don't know. 

• Thanks 1

On 12/14/2022 at 4:43 PM, Italy52 said:

While we were on the Apex earlier this year we booked a cruise for February on the Beyond.  In addition to the benefits that others have mentioned, we also received a bottle of wine and our name was placed in a drawing for a free upgrade to The Retreat for the last week of our Apex cruise.  We didn't win the upgrade, but it was worth taking a shot at it.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Oceangoer2 said:

I think I read somewhere on CC that booking onboard requires a non-refundable booking?

2 hours ago, RosieRoo said:

I believe you are correct. 

2 hours ago, garyl62 said:

Last time we booked onboard (8 months ago) we were asked what type of booking we wanted, refundable or non.  We were sailing in a suite and booking another one if that makes any difference I don't know. 

If I only have to plunk down $200 for a non-refundable deposit on board versus I'm not going to be too upset if I lose it. Its when I have to put close to $1000 deposit on a cruise that I'm more inclined to have the option for that amount to be refunded if our plans change, especially considering that our average cruise is generally booked at least 9 months and often between 12 and 15 months out. Too much can change in that time frame.