Flight carnival Magic - Flight time out of MCO

LynnB

We are on the Carnival Magic out of Port Canaveral on February 19th. I’m getting  ready to book our flight’s and am trying to figure  out what time to book our return flight on departure day. Does anyone have any experience with flying out of MCO after a cruise?  There’s a 11:34am flight but I’m thinking that’s cutting it too close.  🤷‍♀️ 

thanks!

MCO is my home airport. So many things can make a difference, you got kids? Large group? TSAPre? Clear?

Without Clear or TSAPre, you are looking at a range of 30 min to 2 hours for security. After that, it's easy. I assume you're not parking, that's my biggest time killer.

IMO, if you do not have Pre or Clear, bank on at least 3 hours needed AT AIRPORT, it takes an hour to get there.

• Haha 1

Figure 45 minutes to the airport from the port.  Unfortunately it is very hard to predict when they will begin letting passengers debark.  Ship could be late due to weather, medical emergency, customs check, etc.  If you carry your own luggage off you could be off as early as 7 a.m., so if you have a car waiting you could make the flight np.    This is from the CCL website: 

If you are flying home on the day you leave the cruise, please ensure your flight departs no earlier than five (5) hours after your cruise arrives in port. This should help you to have a stress free return home from your relaxing cruise holiday.

https://www.wesh.com/article/oia-holiday-travel-warning/42271504

"The airport's main message: get here early. If it's busy, officials recommend arriving up to 3 hours early.

Orlando International said they expect three million people to come through. That's about 500,000 more people than last year.

"It rivals what we saw in 2019. 2020 period, obviously just before the pandemic," said Kevin Thibault, the CEO of Greater Orlando Aviation Authority."

I agree anything before noon is questionable. We sailed from PC past April. MCO was packed with ppl coming and going. Weather delays had ppl sleeping on piles of luggage, kids crying everywhere. Carnival shuttle bus was having mechanical issues. MCO is just so busy with theme park vacationers. I'm not sure ill sail from PC again.

2 minutes ago, Illbcruzn4life said:

Yeah they know when the cruise pax start arriving and price accordingly. (High) 🤨

Or it's just the way the airlines price the flights, I doubt it has much to do with cruise arrival times. We flew out of MCO twice last month and the early morning or late afternoon/early evening flights are almost always the cheapest.