Haven Bid Accepted, but .....

54Carol

My husband received an email from Plusgrade on Monday saying they accepted our bid for a Haven room, however, our credit card was declined "for insufficient funds or other reasons" and to contact the cc company to fix the issue.  He doesn't check his email all the time so we did not see it until yesterday (Thursday).   I called the cc company and they said they do not show an attempt to charge the card.  There are funds available.  The email gives you the option to click on a link that tells them to try to charge the card again, or another link where you can change the card.  We clicked on the re-charge the card and it takes you to a spot that says "Thanks...we will process if a room is available..."  After a couple hours and nothing happened, I sent an email to the address given on the email telling them we want the room and that if the card didn't go through again, to contact us and we would give them a different card.  Nothing.  I then went in and tried changing the card, but it keeps saying something to the effect, "sorry, but can't do it at this time".  It's been over 24 hours and we have not heard from them, nor have we received the upgrade.

Has this happened to anyone?  If so, what happened and how long did it take to process?   There are still 2 rooms available so that is not the problem.   It's a full ship so I would really like to get this room.   Any suggestions?   They do not give you a phone number to contact directly.

Had something similar happend earlier this week.  Chase decline my charge for a Dell computer because of a fraud alert.  Chase said that this was a charge that I didn't normally make.  Well, duh, how many computers does one buy a year?  The said to have Dell resubmit which I did and it went through. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, RocketMan275 said:

Had something similar happend earlier this week.  Chase decline my charge for a Dell computer because of a fraud alert.  Chase said that this was a charge that I didn't normally make.  Well, duh, how many computers does one buy a year?  The said to have Dell resubmit which I did and it went through. 

This used to happen to me too often, but not so much the past couple of years.  That said, I take two or three credit cards when I travel, ideally from different issuers.  I do this just in case a card I try to use doesn't work.  I highly recommend that others do this as well.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

This used to happen to me too often, but not so much the past couple of years.  That said, I take two or three credit cards when I travel, ideally from different issuers.  I do this just in case a card I try to use doesn't work.  I highly recommend that others do this as well.

That is ust one of the many lessons I've learned.

Happened to me once.  Took a while to figure out, but I had transposed two digits when entering my credit card number online.  Credit card company said no charge had been attempted because no charge had been attempted against the correct credit card number.  

18 minutes ago, Hearthosesteeldrumsplayin said:

whew....if my credit card company said nothing had been attempted to be charged, I would be thinking FRAUD ALERT!  This one makes me really nervous!  I hope you can resolve successfully!

Normally means that you entered a bad credit card number when you bid. 

On 12/16/2022 at 12:52 PM, J0Y0US said:

So here's what happened - in case you are interested.  So they did offer us the Haven PH w/lg balcony.  Because my husband did not see the email until 4 days later, the room was already issued to someone else and we lost out.  Since there were still rooms open, I wanted to get the credit card number corrected.  In order to do that, I had to cancel out all my bids and then reenter them.  I made sure the credit card # was correct.  We did not hear anything again - until today.  They upgraded us to the same room class.   So I'm happy.

• Like 16

29 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

So here's what happened - in case you are interested.  So they did offer us the Haven PH w/lg balcony.  Because my husband did not see the email until 4 days later, the room was already issued to someone else and we lost out.  Since there were still rooms open, I wanted to get the credit card number corrected.  In order to do that, I had to cancel out all my bids and then reenter them.  I made sure the credit card # was correct.  We did not hear anything again - until today.  They upgraded us to the same room class.   So I'm happy.

Glad it worked out for you and was meant to be.  Happy Sailing!

Moral of the story: Check emails closely close to sail date!!

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, 54Carol said:

Happy it worked out for you and have a wonderful cruise.

• Thanks 1

49 minutes ago, cruiseat50 said:

Moral of the story: Check emails closely close to sail date!!

Somehow our emails were linked for NCL and we were both receiving the same emails.  Unfortunately, they were not for the company that handles the upgrades.

He's always complaining that we use my email and my info when booking (you know, has to be the macho man)  so he wanted to use his this time.   He rarely checks his emails.  Maybe he learned his lesson on this one!!    

The one good thing about having to cancel all our bids was that when I reentered, I could put in my email.

• Like 1

On 12/16/2022 at 9:45 AM, 54Carol said:

My husband received an email from Plusgrade on Monday saying they accepted our bid for a Haven room, however, our credit card was declined "for insufficient funds or other reasons" and to contact the cc company to fix the issue.  He doesn't check his email all the time so we did not see it until yesterday (Thursday).   I called the cc company and they said they do not show an attempt to charge the card.  There are funds available.  The email gives you the option to click on a link that tells them to try to charge the card again, or another link where you can change the card.  We clicked on the re-charge the card and it takes you to a spot that says "Thanks...we will process if a room is available..."  After a couple hours and nothing happened, I sent an email to the address given on the email telling them we want the room and that if the card didn't go through again, to contact us and we would give them a different card.  Nothing.  I then went in and tried changing the card, but it keeps saying something to the effect, "sorry, but can't do it at this time".  It's been over 24 hours and we have not heard from them, nor have we received the upgrade.

Has this happened to anyone?  If so, what happened and how long did it take to process?   There are still 2 rooms available so that is not the problem.   It's a full ship so I would really like to get this room.   Any suggestions?   They do not give you a phone number to contact directly.

Congratulations!

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton
  • Thanks 1