Bangkok to Singaport Feb 19 2023 cruise - what port?

1cruiselvr

Does anyone know the port location Oceania will start this cruise from in Bangkok?  I think I read there are 2 cruise ports in Bangkok so I'm confused about where to board.  Can anyone advise me?  I tried asking Oceania but they just gave me the Port Authority Address for TH.  Not helpful.

Thank you.  That's what I thought.  I don't know why Oceania couldn't just tell me that.  Instead they gave me port authority address information.  Our trip has many twists and turns, so I want to get all my ducks in a row, as the old saying goes. 😀

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

Thank you.  That's what I thought.  I don't know why Oceania couldn't just tell me that.  Instead they gave me port authority address information.  Our trip has many twists and turns, so I want to get all my ducks in a row, as the old saying goes. 😀

Using a professional TA as opposed to DIY calling 1-800-clerk at Oceania eliminates a lot of frustrations. Easy -Pezzy to just text your TA as opposed to the 1-800 route. DIY is a choice. 

On 12/16/2022 at 2:32 PM, pinotlover said:

Using a professional TA as opposed to DIY calling 1-800-clerk at Oceania eliminates a lot of frustrations. Easy -Pezzy to just text your TA as opposed to the 1-800 route. DIY is a choice. 

We usually use a TA, but pricing was much cheaper this time booking direct with Oceania.  This is going to be the trip of our lifetime and I'm trying to ensure I get everything right.  Don't want to miss the ship!  😀

25 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

We usually use a TA, but pricing was much cheaper this time booking direct with Oceania.  This is going to be the trip of our lifetime and I'm trying to ensure I get everything right.  Don't want to miss the ship!  😀

How does that work? Does your TA charge you for booking the cruise? 

25 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

No charge. It was about $1500 more pp thru TA vs. direct. That’s a lot of $$ 

Why would it be more via the TA?  they must be charging you extra for something?

Makes no sense

54 minutes ago, 1cruiselvr said:

That’s been true for us and we book thru our TA 95% of the time. But not this booking with Oceania. Money talks, the TA can walk, this time. 😀

Something is not right. There is no way there is a $3000 difference. I would be comparing room categories first. 

But, not my monkey, not my circus, carry on. 

36 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Why would it be more via the TA?  they must be charging you extra for something?

Makes no sense

I suspect the TA quoted the O-life with Air fare instead of cruise-only (or something to that effect - wrong cabin category?).

Edited by AMHuntFerry
jinx!

22 hours ago, roberts2005 said:

Isn’t the port at least 1 and a half hours from Bangkok ?

That’s my understanding, more like 2. I’m wondering how pax are getting from Bangkok to the port. We haven’t booked any transportation yet. 
As for the pricing issue, Oceania gave us  B1 Gty for the price of a C1. They said it was some kind of promotion. We are happy.