Liberty of the Seas - Super Bowl 2023?

daninwi

Most venues on the ship will be showing it. The Hoof & Claw, Cafe Promenade and Schooner Bar come to mind but none of those are very big so seats will be limited. On some ships it is shown in the Theater. Some ships show it on the Big Screen on the pool deck but Liberty's has been out of order and I think it still is. I don't know if it will be fixed before your cruise.

4 hours ago, Liljo22 said:

Was on her in June and can think of any venues that has tvs in it. Not even the hoof and claw.  I am sure they will set up something for it and show it on the projector screens in the atrium or star lounge.

Not trying to argue but are you sure? Maybe the TVs weren't turned on when you in the venues? We were on Liberty in March and there were multiple TVs in the Hoof and Claw. We watched basketball (and maybe hockey) in there on more than one occasion. They were also in the Cafe Promenade and the Schooner Bar.

4 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Most venues on the ship will be showing it. The Hoof & Claw, Cafe Promenade and Schooner Bar come to mind but none of those are very big so seats will be limited. On some ships it is shown in the Theater. Some ships show it on the Big Screen on the pool deck but Liberty's has been out of order and I think it still is. I don't know if it will be fixed before your cruise.

Thought I read somewhere that parts are unavailable to fix it, they would need a whole new screen.

9 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Bummer on the Big Screen being out of service!  Several years back (2014), my wife and were on the Brillance over the Super Bowl weekend.  It was enjoyable, albeit a bit chilly to watch it the game on the big screen.  It was Monsters of Rock Cruise, so it was a bit more fun watching game with the members of the bands playing that week.   

With the big screen inoperable and no Playmakers, Liberty definitely wouldn’t be a ship I would go on Super Bowl weekend. As others have stated the game will be shown in several places, but those places are likely to be very crowded. 

Edited by PhillyFan33579

8 hours ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

With the big screen inoperable and no Playmakers, Liberty definitely wouldn’t be a ship I would go on Super Bowl weekend. As others have stated the game will be shown in several places, but those places are likely to be very crowded. 

Gosh, we all had fun before they showed the game on the outside screen.  Btw don't expect to see the commercials as they don’t show those.  Don’t know why.

1 hour ago, njkruzer said:

Gosh, we all had fun before they showed the game on the outside screen.  Btw don't expect to see the commercials as they don’t show those.  Don’t know why.

Ships get the Super Bowl from ESPN Caribbean which doesn’t show US commercials. Several years ago when ships still carried the major US networks, you would see the commercials on the ship. 

21 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Not trying to argue but are you sure? Maybe the TVs weren't turned on when you in the venues? We were on Liberty in March and there were multiple TVs in the Hoof and Claw. We watched basketball (and maybe hockey) in there on more than one occasion. They were also in the Cafe Promenade and the Schooner Bar.

Don’t think you are arguing so no problem there.  I looked back at my pics before I wrote that and I didn’t see any tvs.  On the Oasis right now and their version of the H&C is set up the same and it doesn’t have tvs.  I do remember that they had tvs in the cafe that were playing the days schedule so it could change for big events.  

On 12/18/2022 at 12:41 AM, PhillyFan33579 said:

Fair points.  When we scheduled the trip, we were more focused on a new ship for both of us that fit a four-day weekend in my son's school schedule.  Liberty fit the bill.  We will make the best of the time we have - worst case is pool time!

1 hour ago, daninwi said:

Fair points.  When we scheduled the trip, we were more focused on a new ship for both of us that fit a four-day weekend in my son's school schedule.  Liberty fit the bill.  We will make the best of the time we have - worst case is pool time!

I am sure you will still have a good time. I have never had a bad cruise no matter what ship I was on, what the weather was like, etc. 

• Like 1